Suikoden United and Illusional Kosher Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

dontdatehimgirl.com [do you have a problem with it]
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sniper_Zegai

Gaien Magic Men

659144 Potch
850 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:15 am    Post subject: dontdatehimgirl.com [do you have a problem with it] Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey everyone Sniper_Zegai here. I've been making alot of threads here on the community forum and this is mostly due to the fact I was taking my best threads from suikosource and putting them on here. However that is done with and its time for something new. So I hope you'll enjoy my first community thread here on suikox. Thanks for looking.

Anyway......

dontdatehimgirl.com is a website where woman can log on, pay for an account and post a picture, name and descriptions of previous boyfriends who have done them wrong. Although they have usernames simular to our own here they can post anonymously without fear of rebuttle from their former partners.

However a recent law suit was brought to the website and its owner due to the fact false information was posted about a man and the information containe would reflect badly upon him and his law firm if they put his name or his firm's name into google.com for example and this came up. given the fact a photo was posted as well this was hard to explain to clients. The information said he was gay, that he had herpes and that he practiced bizarre sexual activities. Im not sure what happened in this law suit.

But I wanna know two things.

1. What do you think of this web site and law siut in particular?
2. Do you think websites that allow people to post personal information about people anonymously should even exist?

As always I look forward to your posts and opinions.

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There could be a problem here, there was one with the site that let woman see if their guys were cheating on them. One guy sued the site.

The one other issue here is, honesty. If I had a guy who just was lazy, slovleny and grumpy and such I could dump him, and then lie. Make this worse than they were.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sniper_Zegai

Gaien Magic Men

659144 Potch
850 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They have no kind of system that even partially considers whether the information on this site is true and they openly allow any information about the people they date as well as pictures.

Hell I've posted photos of myself on this very site and have given my name relative location. With that alone you could post an untrue profile about me on this website without even have met me with a certain degree of accuracy.

lol I dont wanna give anyone any ideas but this website does have the potential to do damage.

The guy who was sueing the website probably had the best example. "If somebody posted false information about me that could be potentially harmful and I had invested 130,000 dollars in an education and a potential employer google's me, because employers are doing that now, this may come up and jeopardise my future!"

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sounds stupid and abusable, i hope i'm not on it :P

But to be honest if you would trust a website to tell you ho you should and shouldn't date then you are a moron, just get to know someone.

Though i reckon that site might be good for a laugh, i think that might be the original idea behind it, since stories of cheating lovers and jilted ex's are always quite entertaining :)
Sniper_Zegai

Gaien Magic Men

659144 Potch
850 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree with you on one point

If some bird said that she did'nt wanna hook up based on some BS info she got on some website then I would'nt be interested but its groups like employers and universities that are starting to look on the internet to help decide who comes and goes. If they are convinced this information is even partially accurate people may lose out on great opputunities.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think those kind of webstsite should not exist. i mean who knows is she is telling the truth or not.
Amyral

Windriders

544907 Potch
4066 Soldiers
620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just a little FYI, the lawsuit is still pending, according to Wikipedia.

I think the site is a potential breeding ground for libel and slander, and, as such, the site's owners are responsible for the information in the same way Napster was responsible in their lawsuit. I'm sure most of the people on the site have no idea that they are up there, and they are identified by name, and usually by picture, so it's clearly defamation of character.

I'm sure the terms of service hold no weight legally and aren't a valid excuse. They say the person posting it holds all of the weight, yet they apparently allow anonymous posting, which makes those claims completely worthless.

Browsing it for people in my area, there was a person complaining that a guy posted a profile about a girl, claiming that the site was only "for posting about abusive/cheating/cowardly/violent MEN, not for posting about women." So they don't seem to very concerned with being balanced.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sniper_Zegai wrote:
The guy who was sueing the website probably had the best example. "If somebody posted false information about me that could be potentially harmful and I had invested 130,000 dollars in an education and a potential employer google's me, because employers are doing that now, this may come up and jeopardise my future!"

Has this man ever been featured on the web site?
Sniper_Zegai

Gaien Magic Men

659144 Potch
850 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes he is the man who this thread is about. You can see what was wrote about him at the top.

The website in question is'nt owned by a corporation either its owned by one woman who makes a nice profit from it as well.

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh right, I thought you meant this man was sueing because of the possibility of him being on there, well that makes more sense.
Sniper_Zegai

Gaien Magic Men

659144 Potch
850 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

lol yeah.

P.S. Incredibly speedy reply Hayashi.

Defender of Highland

371188 Potch
2170 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Just a little FYI, the lawsuit is still pending, according to Wikipedia.

I think the site is a potential breeding ground for libel and slander, and, as such, the site's owners are responsible for the information in the same way Napster was responsible in their lawsuit. I'm sure most of the people on the site have no idea that they are up there, and they are identified by name, and usually by picture, so it's clearly defamation of character.

I'm sure the terms of service hold no weight legally and aren't a valid excuse. They say the person posting it holds all of the weight, yet they apparently allow anonymous posting, which makes those claims completely worthless.

Browsing it for people in my area, there was a person complaining that a guy posted a profile about a girl, claiming that the site was only "for posting about abusive/cheating/cowardly/violent MEN, not for posting about women." So they don't seem to very concerned with being balanced.

I agree. I read about this website before, and I highly doubt they even come up to standard with professional bodies. Number 1: Always take .com sites with a pinch of salt at best and don't trust them at worst. Number 2: How do you know who is giving you the information? After all, that guy posing as a professor in theology at Wikipedia whose cover was busted AFTER he had gained a very high position. Besides that, I highly doubt that they even check that these women are giving their personal details accurately to ensure that the contract they made with the site is legally binding.

Seraphim Of Kooluk

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well that's what happens on the internet, people feel safe and like to think they can just post crap about everyone and everything, It doesn't matter somebody will always slip through the cracks and there will always be sites where people can vent their anger and act like morons.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The site is probably useless either way because there is so much BS mixed in there that the true rapists / cheaters / abusers are hard to even find. Face it, women aren't exactly known to be the most rational people immediately following a breakup. It's a noble concept, but it just doesnt work.

Defender of Highland

371188 Potch
2170 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

The site is probably useless either way because there is so much BS mixed in there that the true rapists / cheaters / abusers are hard to even find. Face it, women aren't exactly known to be the most rational people immediately following a breakup. It's a noble concept, but it just doesnt work.

Agreed. Most rape cases go unsolved and hidden simply because the victims are too scared to speak up. For example, approximately 1/4 of rape cases in Malaysia are reported, and the rest are hidden due to shame and fear. Also, I highly doubt that they cen actually use these testimonials as evidence just in case the men are really as bad as they say.
Fun question: Suppose a man set up a similiar website, do you think people would go 'OMG sexist?' Let's face it; when it comes to being sleazy, women can be just as good a con artist as men.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: