Suikoden Utopian and Irenic Keystone Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Your Video Games Collection?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luceit

Defender of Highland

371188 Potch
2170 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A few more to add:

Legend of Dragoon (Didn't like it)
TWO versions of Magna Carta (first one was in Japanese, second in Enlgish, ended up being peeved at battle system)
Harvest Moon: (Forgot title) (Meh, the complete slowness of it ruined my fun)
Harvest Moon: (This is the one on the PS) (I loved this game, but my horse didn't like me. Dammit!)
Champions of Norrath (I loved this game to bits, but it nearly blew up my PS2, so I quit.)
Persona 2 (I kind of liked this game, except that I got stuck about halfway through, AGAIN)
Final Fantasy 10 (My brother bought it, didn't like it. Refer to Final Fantasy 9 tragedy for more information.)
Final Fantasy X-2 (Refer to previous game)

Desert Claw

297869 Potch
75 Soldiers
1196 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

this is my list

still unfinished... it take time remember all my collection since Psone lol!

http://club.ign.com/b/list/custom?&lid=100018&owner=k4in84

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Where do you guys find the room to keep all this stuff?

I currently basically have ten meters of wall covered in shelves but they are currently empty…

I need to sort out my collection so I can finally put it on display after so long.

OK let me make clear that I didn’t start this and with my previous comment I was hoping to avoid it…

And this thread is good as any since I’m basically commenting on your “collection”….

Quote:
I will first and foremost say that if when anyone else see something of value that they wanted for a very low price or free, they would rather just get what they need and pass the rest of it up when there's no limit or proper ethnics involved, than they are a bigger person in that respect than I am. If I can afford it, I don't normally pass up the chance to get something I wanted, that's just how I spend my money and I'm not going to feel bad about it. I have no problem admitting to that and it's why I may have more of certain thing than I need, however I don't feel it's right to sell thing to anyone I don't know for more than what I paid which is why usually I keep everything I buy, yet I will be more than happy to give away what I have for free to anyone I do know if they need it, but to me those opportunity rarely ever comes about.

You see there’s one thing wrong here. If I walked into a store and I see oh let’s say the Limited PAL edition of Symphony of the Night going for $5 and there’s like 5 copies I would have bought them all. Even if I already have the game then I would have sold each in eBay for a lot higher price and then use that money to get me the games I really want.

That is not unethical that is taking an opportunity.

If however I bought all five copies and kept them to my self what was I doing?

I was keeping the copies off the hands of people who really wanted them while they held no significance to me.

And that’s what you’re doing.

Quote:
I'm not going to change what I like to do just because someone else don't like it, so I will still do whatever I feel like doing; and just as I'm not going to judge anyone else's actions in their own lives too negatively in public, I think bashing me as a person because how one may view this subject differently from me will just be a verbal feud that leads to nothing but a waste of time so lets try not to go there.

I never “bashed” you no I ever intended to nor do I care to do so as a person. You may be a saint a devil I don’t care I only care what your attested actions do to me regarding your collection habits.

Quote:
With all that said I can understand why some disapproves of my collection but that's just what a "collection" means to me, I'd like to hear what those that dislike me for what I do would think is a good reasonable solution as the "right" thing for me to do when collecting: sell extras for profit just so others will own it? spend time seeking out good people to give them to? own games just so I can say I have it?...

I’m gonna tell you what I think you should do and I hope you don’t think I have bad intentions in saying so.

You should find something you love and start collecting for it and leave videogames alone.

Quote:
I don't really count any of my games for the 360, wii, ps3, psp or even ds as a part of my collection since all those games at this point are just bought or rented to be played and then either returned or traded in, so they don't mean much to me and are all here today gone tomorrow before their value falls through the floor.

You see what I’m talking about “their value falls through the floor”?

The value of a game to you is how much it goes over eBay?

The love for a game is not money is the memory is the experience is waking up and the morning and rushing to get the controller on your hands again. Is walking half the damn town so you can buy a copy before they sell out, is spending all night with your friends arguing over the next go. Is watching the game you want on a store window and grieving over your empty pockets and anticipating the day you’ll have enough money to buy it…

Is the emotion! Is the love!

And this is why you don’t understand me because apparently games are nothing more to you than some interactive “stocks”.

For some of us it means more than that it means what I described and more money and material “value” you can’t take with you to your grave but the memories of a good game you can.
Seraphblade

imaginary soldiers

935122 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

NES:
Double Dragon
Double Dragon 2
Super Dodgeball
Super Mario
Super Mario 3
Ghouls N Ghosts
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Baseball

Gameboy:
Pokemon Red
Pokemon Yellow
Mortal Kombat
Battletoads

SNES:
Super Mario All Stars
Super Mario World
Super Mario RPG
MarioKart
Bust a Move
Mortal Kombat
Mortal Kombat 2
Mortal Kombat 3
Killer Instinct
Street Fighter II
Chrono Trigger
Sim City
Sim Earth (most horrible game ever)
Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past
Super Punchout
B-Ball
Megaman X
Megaman X-2
Megaman X-3
Donkey Kong Country
Donkey Kong Country 2
Donky Kong Country 3
Ceasers Palace
NBA Jam
NBA Live '97
Madden NFL '98

Genesis:
Earthworm Jim
Earthworm Jim 2
Sonic 2
Sonic 3
Ultimate Mortal Kombat III

Gameboy Advance:
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow
Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance
Mario 3
Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories
Sigma Star
Megaman Zero 4

PSX:
Suikoden
Suikoden II
Xenogears
Persona
Thousand Arms
Wild Arms
Saga Frontier
Breath of Fire 3
Breath of Fire 4
Tales of Destiny
Tales of Destiny 2
Chrono Cross
Legend of Dragoon
Seiken Densetsu: Legend of Mana
Beyond the Beyond (horrible RPG)
Lunar Silver Star Story
Digimon World 3
RPG Maker
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy Tactics
Final Fantasy Anthology
Saiyuki
Brigandine
Civilization
Castlevania: Synphony of the Night
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid VR Missions
Diablo
Tenchu
Spiro 2
Tomb Raider
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaper
Fighting Force
Crash Bandicoot
Crash Bandicoot 2
Resident Evil Directors Cut
Resident Evil 2
Mega Man X-4
Mega Man X-5
Mega Man X-6
Armored Core: Masters of the Arena
Street Fighter Alpha 3
Tekken 3
Rival Schools
King of Fighters 98
King of Fighters 99
Mortal Kombat 4
Knockout Kings 2000
College Slam
NBA Live 2000
NBA Live 2003
Madden NFL 2001
Madden NFL 2003
Madden NFL 2004
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2
Destruction Derby
Grand Turismo
Grand Turismo 2
Need for Speed 2
Jet Moto 2
Twisted Metal
Twisted Metal 2

PS2:
Suikoden 3
Suikoden 4
Final Fantasy X
Fianl Fantasy X-2
Grandia III
Star Ocean 3: Till the End of Time
Digital Devil Saga
Front Mission 4
Kessen
Yugioh: Duelist of Roses
Zone of the Enders
Zone of the Enders: Second Runner
Metal Gear Solid 2
Metal Gear Solid 3
Onimush 2
Lord of the Rings: Return of the King
Dynasty Warriors 3
Time Crisis 2
Spiderman 2
Resident Evil: Code Veronica
Fatal Frame 2
Tony Hawks Proskater 4
Midway Arcade Treasures
Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando
GTA: Vice City
GTA: San Andreas
Ghost Recon
Ghost Recon: Island Thunder
Ghost Recon: Jungle Storm
Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfigher
Blackhawk Down
Socom II: US Navy Seals
Medal of Honor: Rising Sun
Burnout 3
Midnight Club 2
Need for Speed Underground
Need for Speed Underground 2
Grand Turismo 3
Grand Turismo 4
Twisted Metal Black
Crash Nitro Kart
Guilty Gear Isuka
Marvel vs Capcom 2
Capcom vs SNK 2001 Mark of the Millenium
King of Fighters 2000
King of Fighters 2001
Capcom Fighting Evolution
Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4
BMX XXX
Madden NFL 2005
NBA Live 06
Knockout Kings 2001
Sims in the City

PSP:
GTA: Liberty Stories
Valkyrie Profile
Blade Dancer

PS3:
Call of Duty 3

PC:
Civilization 3
Need for Speed 3: Hot Pursuit
Nocturne
Diablo 2
Star Craft
Star Craft: Brood War
Warcraft 3
Warcraft 3: Frozen Throne
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

The value of a game to you is how much it goes over eBay?

It never is. Yes, I am much more sensitive when it comes to the "value" of a game, and I see how that makes the way I collect materialist which I don't deny, but that is just my mindset when it comes to collecting/buying any game and almost all products I intend to keep. Just as you say you would get rid of extra expensive titles if you had them for more money to get more games, I do the same with every game I own; I do see almost all of them kind of like "stocks" as you say, which is why there is no rush for me to sell the ones that holds certain value because I'm getting enough funds back from constantly getting rid of anything I deem no longer worth the value I can get in return(I'm tight with my money so the ratio is normally in my favor when I get rid of a game, either I'd get more money than I paid for it or an even exchange, it does mean I have to part with games before I'd like to but not everything can be setup perfectly for me), but it doesn't mean I don't care for them to be nothing more than uncashed money as the reason I even own them at all is out of respect to play those good games.

I love certain sports games a lot as I played some of them to death but I normally never pay for them nor do I ever hold on to them. Games like that still mean a great deal to me as they do bring back emotion and love, but I can do without the physical item in my position, the same goes with games of all other kinds as well.

Quote:

You should find something you love and start collecting for it and leave videogames alone.

I understand why you don't like what I do and I can see where you are coming from so I don't think you said that with any bad intentions, but to me doing this is what I love. I wish I could have someone to share what I get so I can make a bigger difference but I don't, cause every time I tried to get someone into the games it fails and that kind of sucks. I will keep trying though and at the same time I'll just be doing what I enjoying doing whatever that maybe.
Arenegeth

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
I love certain sports games a lot as I played some of them to death but I normally never pay for them nor do I ever hold on to them. Games like that still mean a great deal to me as they do bring back emotion and love, but I can do without the physical item in my position, the same goes with games of all other kinds as well.

And yet you choose to keep games that may mean nothing to you but are of great value while games that might have given a better experience don’t need to be in possession anymore.

But that’s the whole point of collecting, games you enjoy or rare games that not many people have (the games you have are not rare by any stretch of the imagination some are expensive due to eBay monopoly for some people) and in both cases a single copy of each. If you want your worth in $$ then why don’t you get real stocks that may rise in value and from $50 find your self with $4000. And while doing so why not invest in the game market and help your favorite developers in the process?

Quote:
I understand why you don't like what I do and I can see where you are coming from so I don't think you said that with any bad intentions, but to me doing this is what I love. I wish I could have someone to share what I get so I can make a bigger difference but I don't, cause every time I tried to get someone into the games it fails and that kind of sucks. I will keep trying though and at the same time I'll just be doing what I enjoying doing whatever that maybe.

OK then if that is your reasoning let me tell you something.

Assuming I want one of the games you have multiples (like I used to want Shadow Hearts but of course I wanted the PAL edition but I’m just making an example here) would you sell it to me to a reasonable price since you know is important to me and I have been seeking to play it for a long time?

You’d still make some profit not as much by overselling in eBay but at least you know your copy goes into a hand that will enjoy the game (which is what I accuse you of doing depriving or making things harder for gamers who desire that game).

So are you up for that? Yes a guy (or guys) over the internet gamers that collect or care about games may literally never come by your personal environment so people that may be across the state, across the country or across the world may benefit by that extra copies you got cheap. Of course personally I’m hypothetically using my self as an example I don’t want any of your games and I have this secrecy thing which makes it hard for me to provide information like an address. But for example Moon Knight mentioned how much he wants one of your games in that other thread what about selling one of your copies to him for a logical price?

Or what about making a thread about games you got multiples of for people that may seek them for a long time?
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

so why not invest in the game market and help your favorite developers in the process?

that's not a bad idea, I am finding the fun of hunting for cool rare stuff else where as well so it's not like I'm completely depended on tracking down games only. I do have to learn more about all that stuff which I may look into doing somewhere down the line.

Quote:

what about selling one of your copies to him for a logical price?

I would love to do that if I can get to know somebody enough to know that I'm really helping them out, better yet I'd much rather to get help in working on my own collection than taking money from anyone. Personally I'd rather look for trades than selling because as I said I'm not in need of money and I don't feel right taking it from anyone, but I am always looking for games I don't have to improve my collection.

I am serious when I say I never buy any hard to get games on ebay and I don't ever sell mine there, otherwise I would have sold some of my extras to pay for certain games I don't have a long time ago. The last time I bought used games that I kept on ebay was the first 2 suikodens and xenogears back in 01 and that was long before I started collecting and almost 2 years before I even played suikoden II.(it sat in my room for a long time after I got it)

I don't like the idea of paying a set amount for a game ever, so to answer the question from earlier more specifically: to me the value of a game is the lowest price I can pay to get it, and because I never seeked to sell anything I own, whatever price others are willing to pay is nothing more than just info I look up to keep in my mind. I enjoy finding the best and cheapest way to get a game so half of the fun is in that, another half is in playing the game, then there are some extra joy depending on how I like the game or how good a deal I got; so I won't enjoy the whole process nearly as much if I was to get extras of a certain title and I never go out seeking to buy the same thing over and over.
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh God, not this again.
Malvagio

Liberatori di Inferno

26524 Potch
63 Soldiers
123938 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well I don't have any special sites to post my collection so I will just tell ya what I have now. It's not much so don't laugh, I sold most of them for store credit for newer titles.

PS2

True Crime: New York City

True Crime: Streets of L.A

Max Payne

Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City

Grand Theft Auto 3

Resident Evil Outbreak

The Godfather

Scarface

Mafia

Suikoden III

Suikoden IV

Suikoden V

Suikoden Tactics

King of Fighters: Maximum Impact

Final Fantasy XII

Final Fantasy X

PSP

Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories

PC

The Sims 2

The Sims 2: Nightlife

Age of Empires III

"Devoted Protector of Lord Logg and Lady Valeria"
Arenegeth

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Oh God, not this again.

Well at least we are actually discussing something instead of copy-pasting lists over and over…

Quote:
I would love to do that if I can get to know somebody enough to know that I'm really helping them out, better yet I'd much rather to get help in working on my own collection than taking money from anyone. Personally I'd rather look for trades than selling because as I said I'm not in need of money and I don't feel right taking it from anyone, but I am always looking for games I don't have to improve my collection.

Trading is actually better in some ways but it may not always be possible and of course I guess in such case you only care about the game you don’t have not the respective value because the game you might trade to may be of higher value than the one you get.

Of course you’re not taking away their money on the contrary you are saving them money since they will not be able to find it so cheap by normal means. And why shouldn’t you make something out of presenting them the opportunity? Is not wrong at all…

You can use the money you make to buy the games you want/miss and everybody wins.

Quote:
I don't like the idea of paying a set amount for a game ever, so to answer the question from earlier more specifically: to me the value of a game is the lowest price I can pay to get it, and because I never seeked to sell anything I own, whatever price others are willing to pay is nothing more than just info I look up to keep in my mind. I enjoy finding the best and cheapest way to get a game so half of the fun is in that, another half is in playing the game, then there are some extra joy depending on how I like the game or how good a deal I got; so I won't enjoy the whole process nearly as much if I was to get extras of a certain title and I never go out seeking to buy the same thing over and over.

That by it self is not bad problem is the consequence that rise from that and the games copies that end up sticking with you.

Now I see you willing to do something about it and not leave your extra copies hanging there.

I’m not saying you should sell a game to just anybody over the internet that claims he/she wants it (they may be conmen after all and sell it on eBay full price the other day to make profit) but if you stick with any gaming community long enough you will be able to tell who is what and what they want even if you don’t know them personally that well.

Start from your home Nation somebody may be after some of the game you got multiple of or somebody else may be willing to trade if you wait for opportunities such as this to stumble on you they may never come. And you get to say you did something for the gaming community…
Demon Eyes Kyo

Crimson Crusaders

260069 Potch
250 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mine can be found on my 1up page.

http://www.1up.com/do/my1Up?publicUserId=5848234

Return that soul to God.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Arenegeth and jjrrs, please take this discussion to PM. You're not actually discussing collections, you're debating on something that is off-topic which has already derailed another thread in the past, so please make it private.
Arenegeth

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Uji have you actually read our posts?

We are talking about jjrrs collection and what steps he can take to utilize his extra copies to other gamers…

Normally I wouldn’t bother to contest things like this but when I’m accused for derailing a thread which is basically a copy-paste marathon when in fact I’m trying to bring some discussion in it I get somewhat annoyed…

EDIT: Any more posts regarding my discussion with jjrrs and if it’s off topic or not should be taken to PM because Uji’s last post and this one really are off topic.
Assassin01

Team Assassination

575125 Potch
200 Soldiers
900 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is my video games collection. I've put it into genres to make it easier to read:

RPG/Strategy
Suikoden IV (PS2)
Suikoden V (PS2)
Suikoden Tactics (PS2)
Final Fantasy 7 (PS1)
Final Fantasy 8 (PS1)
Final Fantasy 9 (PS1)
Final Fantasy 10 (PS2)
Final Fantasy X2 (PS2)
Kingdom Hearts (PS2)
Harvest Moon Back To Nature (PS1)
Yu Gi Oh Forbidden Memories (PS1)
Digimon World 2003 (PS1)
Metal Gear Solid (PS1)

Racing
Gran Turismo (PS1)
Gran Turismo 2 (PS1)
Vigilante 8 Second Offence (PS1)

Platform
Crash Bandicoot 2 Cortex Strikes Back (PS1)
Spyro The Dragon (PS1)

Fighting/Wrestling
Tekken 3 (PS1)
Soul Calibur 3 (PS2)
WWE Smackdown Here Comes The Pain (PS2)
WWE Smackdown VS Raw (PS2)
WWE Smackdown VS Raw 2006 (PS2)

Shooting
James Bond The World is not enough (PS1)
Grand Theft Auto San Andreas (PS2)
Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories (PS2)
MMan9000
Ralphy Leone Tensei
Lymsleia Falenas
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

while I do agree with arenegeth that a topic like this without anything more than just list postings will just be an endless list that not many will read, I respect the topic creator's words since the lists maybe exactly what your are looking for in which case our discussion would be a bother. Not that I'm picking a side on to talk about collecting methods here or not, but if many people are annoyed by this I'd rather find a way to not bother others with it if I don't have to.

Update: just in case anyone want to expand their video game collection further at a lower cost, the blockbuster gamerush 50% off sale just expanded as of today and some very good stuff for RPG fans are now on the list. New titles that are half off include square enix games like Valkyrie Profile 2 for $39.98/2=$19.99, FFVII DoC $49.98/2=$24.99, Romancing saga, Grandia III, FFV gba(the last time was a false report on my part) and others, as well as Disgaea 2 for $49.98/2=$24.99. Also much to my delight Suikoden V is on the list as well, so if anyone don't have it yet, you might as well get it new for only $19.99 while you still can as the new copies of the game have been sold at well over $45 on ebay for month now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: