Suikoden Uncanny and Irenic Kosher Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Latest Album You've Purchased?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Failure_Urn

[SPECTATOR]

672539 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I revently picked up The Academy Is...'s new cd Santi, its really good i think, at least cd wise its a solid cd.

I also got Say Anything's cd Is A Real Boy... It isnt what i was thinking but its ok. I like the band's sound so even if the songs arnt my favorite i still enjoy listening to them.

And Tomorrow is my birthday, so if i get the cds i asked for ill be getting the new Bright Eyes cd, the Flyleaf cd, and the last Saves The Day cd. Also possibly the latest Good Charlotte cd. Im pretty excited for the music im going to be listening to in the new few weeks =)

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I haven't bought a new album since last I posted, but on the subject of music memorabilia I did order an official Indian Summer t-shirt, proving that Myspace does in fact have a use in this world. It ran me about $20 and hasn't come in yet, but for a band that only existed from 1993-1994 and only ever wrote 9 untitled songs, having their official t-shirt makes makes me happy and bubbly and warm all over.

Oh yeah, they're also really really good.
Assassin01

Team Assassination

575125 Potch
200 Soldiers
900 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just bought the Europe Collections album a few days ago. Its basically a compilation of Europe's best songs of their career in music. The songs on the track are:

1) The Final Countdown
2) Sign Of The Times
3) Carrie
4) Cherokee
5) Time Has Come
6) Open Your Heart
7) Let The Good Times Rock
8) Halfway To Heaven
9) Tomorrow
10) Prisoners In Paradise
MMan9000
Ralphy Leone Tensei
Lymsleia Falenas
Lonelion

Lonelion's Naval Fleet.

4727 Potch
106 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I purchased Vh1 Classic Metal Mania Stripped Volume 3,it's Acoustic versions of popular songs,members from the same bands do their songs again only without electric guitars.

Songlist

1)Unskinny bop-Poison
2)High Enough-Shaw and Blades of Dam Yankees.
3)Signs-Tesla
4)Headed for a heartbreak-Winger
5)In my dreams-Dokken
6)When i look into your eyes-Firehouse
7)Way cool jr-Ratt
8)Heaven-Jani Lane formerly of Warrant
9)Turn up the radio- Autograph
10)Nobody's fool-Tom Keifer of Cinderella
11)Don't close your eyes-Kix
12)Just take my heart-Eric Martin of Mr Big
13)The killing words-Queensryche
14)Up all night-Slaughter
15)Balls to the wall- Accept

http://www.myspace.com/lonelion7769
http://www.duefiumi.com
http://z6.invisionfree.com/suikocross
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Boogeyman

The Serial Peacemakers

795163 Potch
0 Soldiers
21927 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I picked up Korn's new Unplugged album. It's pretty different and Korn holds a special place for me since it was one of the first bands I really started listening to. If you like the band at all I would recommend it.

1) Blind
2) Hollow Life
3) Freak on a Leash - Featuring Amy Lee of Evanescence
4) Falling Away
5) Creep (Cover of the Radiohead song, absolutely great)
6) Love Song
7) Got the Life
8) Twisted Transistor
9) Coming Undone
10) Make Me Bad/ In Between Days (Mash up with The Cure, amazing song)
11) Throw Me Away

We're so bad and mean
We make nightmares out of dreams
We're the Spaceballs!

Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Though I think everything Korn's released since their third album sucks I'd consider picking that up just out of shear fascination as to how an acoustic version of Blind could possibly exist.
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Last thing I purchased was Motley Crue's Red, White and Crue.

Next thing I'll buy may most possibly be Incubus' latest album, I heard it's quite good.

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I purchased a really terrific studio recording of Mahler's First Symphony directed by Michael Tilson Thomas (who may just be the best modern interpreter of Mahler's work) and The San Fransisco Symphony Orchestra. It's by far the best recording of the symphony I've ever heard.

I also bought a live recording of Tchaikovsky's 5th Symphony directed by Valery Gergiev and played by the Vienna Philharmonic. It's a great recording-- the lead trumpet botches a note at the end, but other than that, it's a pretty flawless recording.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

While at the Coachella festival I picked up two cds from the Virgin Megastore. I would have really liked to buy more, especially considering a lot were priced at only $10 a piece, but with $9 beers, $100 tickets, and $100+ gas bills I was pretty reluctant to. I ended up with Queen's Greatest Hits cd for only $10, and Congotronics by Konono N°1 for $13 or $14. They're this unique ethnic Congo band that plays percussion and thumb pianos to quirky jungle trance beats. The whole tent was bouncing when I saw them live and I couldn't pass it up.
timelord

Urak Warriors

2300 Potch
62 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lets see the last album i bought myself was the album From X-Factor Ben Mills. One week befor that i bought myself the abum Of Tom waits i think it's called Orphans
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

picked up afi - sing the sorrow. my other one went dead.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I picked up The Burden of Hope by Grails on vinyl along with a pretty cool t-shirt Thursday when I saw them in Austin. After the show I went back and bought a cd by the second act as well, World's End Girlfriend (Hurtbreak Wonderland), which is proving to be absolutely wonderful. Since Mono was selling his merch I felt compelled to grab one of their albums too and picked up You Are There.
Septimus

43015 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks for reminding me to get a World's End Girlfriend album, Shad. You still need to check out Xploding Plastix.

Got some C64 music cover CD with covers by Rayn. I'm sure no one around here's into the scenemusic scenery, nor SID music or any other chip-music for that matter, so.

Emphasizing that everyone needs to check out The Album Leaf.
Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

When it comes to electronic post-rock type stuff Discolor still takes the cake for me, but The Album Leaf's In a Safe Place is certainly a magnificent album. I recommend it.

Based on World's End Girlfriend's live performance I imagine his sound can vary drastically from album to album, so I can't speak for the whole discography, but Hurtbreak Wonderland definitely gets a thumbs up. I'll place him up there as one of the best artists I've discovered as an opening act.

I'll see if I can dig up any of this Xploding something or other band. Otherwise feel free to DCC away sir. :)
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Picked up Minutes to Midnight today, Linkin Park's new album. It's very different. If you like U2 or Nine inch nails you should pick it up.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 3 of 13

Jump to: