Suikoden United and Irrational Karma Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Bands you have seen live
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ezekiel

Mediocre Archer

119921 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Shad wrote:
Looks like I can now tack on the following:

[code]
GWAR 20070707

I've heard stories about GWAR in concert from my uncle. He says if you're anywhere near the front, you're gonna leave covered in quite a few different substances...

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Haha, I used to have pictures of me and my friends getting out of the GWAR show last fall when we were right up center stage. We went to ihop completely drenched in fake blood and semen. :roll:
Onimaru

Perverted Old Men

3407 Potch
954 Soldiers
86 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have seen;

Slipknot
Sevendust
Godsmack
Coal Chamber (best concert EVER!)
Everlast
Mudvayne
Hatebreed
Cold

and then a whole slew of other un-notables. Infact, to many here those listed might be un-notable. Oh well.

I hate you Onimaru.
Keriaku

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've seen:

Evanescence (x2)
Moneen
Three Days Grace
Billy Talent
Senses Fail
Taking Back Sunday
Armor For Sleep
Underoath
Thirty Seconds to Mars
Chiodos
Evaline
Stone Sour
Black Maria
Aiden
The Used
My Chemical Romance
The Bled
Silverstein
I Killed the Prom Queen
The Sleeping
I Am Avalanche
Emery
A Static Lullaby
Kaddisfly
Red Jumpsuit Apparatus

Pretty sure thats it...
Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I got a car just in time to make it to the 65daysofstatic show yesterday. Initially consisting of a mind-boggling lineup of This Will Destroy You, Hot Cross, and 65daysofstatic, Hot Cross realized this was far too good to be true and broke up mid-tour. They were replaced by meh emo band YouInSeries. The actual headlining act, Fear Before the March of Flames, I'd had the displeasure of seeing live before as an opening act. They were even worse this go around and I left mid-set, having seen what I showed up for.

Code:
Fear Before the March of Flames     20070728
65daysofstatic                      20070728
This Will Destroy You               20070728
YouInSeries                         20070728
Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I went to a Pelican gig last night and saw them along with Fatal Flying Guilloteens and Clouds. All three acts were superb. Pelican sounded a lot better here in a small indoor venue than on the larger outdoor stage I'd seen them from a distance on last time. I've been to so many post-rock shows that I can't rightly call them one of the best I've ever seen, but they were infinitely better than most bands of other genres manage. They present a steady heavy tone throughout their music that eschews the high low dynamics accustom to the style, and as such were refreshing and all around great with not a low point in the set. I could have watched them play another hour easily and not been bored. Clouds were just as good as I expected from the studio album I'd downloaded so I'd have an idea what to expect, grungy Boris esque stoner rock to the max, and Fatal Flying Guilloteens were crazy, violent, and energetic enough to make the house shake. Unfortunately they didn't have any merch for sale.

The venue offered another tour on their outdoor stage that I frequented between sets. There I got to enjoy part of the Volcom 2007 tour and saw Totimoshi, ASG, and Valient Thorr. I didn't get to catch the headlining act, local band Riverboat Gamblers, but considering I missed them because I was watching Pelican, it was no great loss. I'll combine these in to one gig to make it easier to track and list the bands in the order I saw them:

Code:
Totimoshi                           20070804
Fatal Flying Guilloteens            20070804
ASG                                 20070804
Clouds                              20070804
Valient Thorr                       20070804
Pelican                             20070804
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I saw Ben Folds again a few days ago with John Mayer and James Morrison (british guy, not affiliated with the Doors). I love Ben Folds alot, he's my favorite musician, so naturally I loved his set. The review in the paper said that he was awesome, too, however they were not as forgiving for John Mayer. John's show was pretty robotic and really rehearsed. Also, he stood around and walked around a bit but he never really did anything to engage the crowd so the show didn't connect well. He didn't do any storytelling either which is always a nice way to make a connection with an audience, since you share a personal aspect with the crowd thereby increasing the bond.

Anyways, that was nice to see him. It was at the big outdoor pavilion this time but the first time I saw him was at the big auditoreum in Downtown Raleigh. He was headlining that tour so his set was twice as long and made me shit pants. He's got one of the best live shows I've ever seen, though to be fair I don't see many live shows.

I've seen....
Dios Malos, Starlight Mints, The Octopus Project
Dan Thompson (Muted Euphoria, Groove Patrol, Dodecaphunk)
Jake Shimabakura
Hootie and the Blowfish, Better Than Ezra
Ben Folds, Some guy who sucked
John Mayer, Ben Folds, James Morrison

I think that's all of them. Hopefully I can add Bonaroo to this list next summer.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Three shows in two days what. Today I got to see Symphony X, a band I've never been crazy about but figured would put on an alright show. I wouldn't have driven to Austin for them, but since it was in San Antonio I figured why not. I saw them with a semi-local act, Omega opening, followed by Echoes of Eternity and Sanctity. I've not much else to say about it that I didn't mention in the newest albums thread. It was an ok show - worth going to but nothing special. I hope to look further in to this Omega band tomorrow. I picked up a three song demo by them for $5 and it was pretty cool. I think they're not from San Antonio proper but from some town an hour or so away, in which case that's that, but if I find out they actually are from around here maybe I'll talk to them on myspace and get to know them a bit. I need to associate with people who don't suck, and people in non super famous melodic death bands tend to fall in to that category.

Code:
Omega                               20070805
Echoes of Eternity                  20070805
Sanctity                            20070805
Symphony X                          20070805
Tony Stark

War Machine

536068 Potch
250 Soldiers
1600 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just saw John Mayer and Ben Folds with Acheron a few nights ago.

Some other concerts I have seen:

Peter Frampton and Journey
Bob Dylan and Paul Simon
The Wailers and Santana
Ozma, Saves the Day and Weezer
Loudermilk, Ash and Dashboard Confessional (though I am ashamed of this)
The Octopus Project, Dios Malos and the Starlight Mints
Saul Williams
Sage Francis
The Red Windows and the Dresden Dolls

I think that's it, though I could be forgetting a few.

Mediocre Archer

119921 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm very jealous Tony. Frampton, Journey, Dylan, Simon, Wailers, Santana, Weezer, Saul & Sage; I'd love to see all of them :)

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

To date these are the bands I've seen live.

Linkin Park (Twice)
Korn
Snoop Dog
The Used
Less than Jake
No Warning (No longer together)
Styles of Beyond
The Bled
Saosin
Mindless Self Indulgence
Julien K
Placebo
Him
Taking Back Sunday
My Chemical Romance
and finally Weird Al (Twice as well)

Not a bad list. I would love to see Taking Back Sunday again (They're from the same area I am) and I would see Mindless Self Indulgence and Linkin Park any day of the week, at the cost of my first born even.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Woooh, 12 bands in two weeks while on vacation back home to Pennsylvania; you can't beat that.

Code:
The Alternate Routes                20070831
The Clarks                          20070831
Eric Lindel                         20070901
Last Train Home                     20070901
The Tossers                         20070901
AJ Croce                            20070902
Too Slim & The Taildraggers         20070902
The Tossers                         20070902
David LaFleur                       20070903
Everybody Out!                      20070913
Flogging Molly                      20070913
Dropkick Murphys                    20070913
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Damn, was it some kind of large show or something? I've only heard of the last two. I've seen Flogging Molly.

^Actual quote!
Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nah, that was over the course of five shows that I went to in two weeks. I made a rather extensive post about it here.

So tonight I saw a generally boring gig. Insomnium and Katatonia were the only bands in the five act lineup I was familiar with. The opening local act, Noctura, really sucked by local act standards, the three bands that followed were all equally forgettable (including Insomnium), and Katatonia only played one song off of Discouraged Ones and nothing off of Tonight's Decision, at least not that I recognized. I'm still glad I went. I always love live music.

Code:
Noctura                             20070924
Swallow the Sun                     20070924
Insomnium                           20070924
Scar Symmetry                       20070924
Katatonia                           20070924
Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yesterday's show was absolutely flipping amazing. How often do you get to see three bands who you love and embrace completely unrelated styles all playing together? Even the opening act was cd-purchasing-worthy. They had a really awesome drummer. I'll see if the studio album matches it or not shortly.

Code:
Coliseum                            20070925
Panthers                            20070925
Mono                                20070925
High on Fire                        20070925
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: