Suikoden United and Irrational Kriegspiel Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Ragnarok Online
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rhespen

7188 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I played RO about 1 1/2 years ago before I discovered WOW.

It's a fun game but not worth the $15 a month I was paying at the time.
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I believe it was 350 pesos (about 7 dollars) per month, blueflame. That's really a lot of money, if you think about it.

Rune hunter wrote:
Sigh* what people who play on private servers don't realize is that they are killing the game! Private servers take money from the game developers(I'm refering to Gravity) no money=no new updates for RO and no new updates for private servers(Its not like private servers will be able to make any "good" patch).

Well, better us taking money indirectly from them than them taking money DIRECTLY from us. I had thought by now they would make the game free, but I checked it again, and nope... still have to pay in order to play. You know... I liked Diablo II better than most MMORPG's right now. Except maybe Flyff. Because I'm addicted to it. XD
Necrilocity

79265 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ninjar wrote:
Rune hunter wrote:
Sigh* what people who play on private servers don't realize is that they are killing the game! Private servers take money from the game developers(I'm refering to Gravity) no money=no new updates for RO and no new updates for private servers(Its not like private servers will be able to make any "good" patch).

Private servers are much more fun in my opinion. A private server with about 200 people on most of the time was really much more fun than I ever had with the official servers. First of all, there is a much lower percentage of the asshat people that are there just to grief. Overall, people are much friendlier :D

Heeheehee, yay! Private servers rulz!

But yeah, for that particular person that mentioned about payment for private servers...I understand that it's hard to find funds and also the fact that the money issues aren't very pretty between private servers and Gravity but...if things go smoothly in transactions (such as in NiktoutRO and AeRO, both private servers), then it's fine with me...

- necro
"Vengeance will be mine. I shall repay, saith the Lord" - Romans 12:19
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Ninjar

The Shins

247440 Potch
1500 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think that RO is just one of those games that you will play on and off because after a while it gets terribly boring.
Necrilocity

79265 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yea, i'll admit...It can get boring.

Which is why I try to "spice" it up for myself.

Pretty much I attempt/search for the following when it comes to "entertaining myself" on RO private servers:

1. Find servers with good options attached to it or with special skills etc.
2. Get your friends to play with you (it will make WoE and "training" a whole lot funner (is that even a word...?))
3. Find servers with good ratings (I personally don't like low rating servers like 5/5/5 but get good rates like 500/500/400 or possibly 1k/1k/500)
4. Find servers with a lot of people in them but not too much (hence, lag)
5. TALK! Find random people and get to know them. However, make sure they're not stupid or...you just can't talk with them... (I've already made friends from Arizona, Texas, Australia, the Philippines, Germany, France, Japan, and Korea)

So yea...that's what I do...(wow I feel like a nerd....-_-;;)

- necro
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Phamex

Raccoon Dogs

135274 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lol, RO looked fun, but I've just never had the funds to start playing it. I ended up playing some cheap knock-off called Water Margin Online instead. That game sucks now btw, so don't waste your time with it. As for RO, I could have sworn they have a free to play server up now. At least, that's what my friend from Canada told me. Who knows..

I play Flyff too Highwind. Maybe I'll see you around. :mrgreen:

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Necrilocity

79265 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

GRAWR. Private servers = free servers

But it depends on what kind of private server you can get into...

I know random s((( about RO since I've played it for 3 years...............

go me...

- necro
Kain

Desert Claw

297869 Potch
75 Soldiers
1196 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

lol.. Ro make me inactive in suikox for 7 month and to i enjoy play Ro just for WOE.. and also pvp system is quite nice..

privite server?. i have my own privite server back then.. been closed because my ro retirement

79265 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow, that's awesome. I wish I had my own private server...but then I'd have to pay for it...-_____________-;;

Yea the PvP and WoE features rok.

- necro
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: