Suikoden Utopian and Inspirational Kriegspiel Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Scientology [As a financial and even criminal enterprise]
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sniper_Zegai

Gaien Magic Men

659144 Potch
850 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:54 am    Post subject: Scientology [As a financial and even criminal enterprise] Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is my first thread here on Suikox.com however I make threads regularly on Suikosource.com so I hope that this is a good one that will have you all thinking. I hope you enjoy this thread.

Anyway for those of who dont know scientology its a new religion that "seems" to be sweeping the nations of America and Europe. Now for those of you who dont know the belief system of scientology here it is:

Quote:
In Scientology doctrine, Xenu (also Xemu), pronounced /'zi.nu/, was the alien dictator of the "Galactic Confederacy" who, 75 million years ago, brought billions of aliens to Earth in DC-8-like spacecraft, stacked them around volcanoes and blew them up with hydrogen bombs. Their souls then clustered together and stuck to the bodies of the living, and continue to wreak chaos and havoc today. The Galactic Confederacy's history is not revealed to Scientologists until they reach the level of OT III. Once achieving this level, one is informed that Xenu's Galactic Confederacy ruled a broad swath of the galaxy, and lasted for "eighty trillion years". ("The ITSA Line") 75 million years ago, at the time of Xenu's mass murder, the Galactic Confederacy comprised 26 stars and 76 planets, including Earth (then called Teegeeack).

Snientology was founded by the Sci-Fi writer L. R. Hubbard which may explain this wacky genesis theory. Now this may seem like the most ridiculous thing you have ever heard. However scientology is rising in the world for a different reason. That reason is the enormous amount of money that is being funneled directly into the "church". People have to pay to become a member and pay more money to rise in "Rank" in the church. Members of the church also receive a commision for recruiting new members and are encouraged to "sell" scientology.

As for a criminal enterprise I did'nt think they were that bad until I watched the following videos:

Some of these videos contain graphic material. Although there are warnings on the video. Still do not veiw them if you of a nervous disposition.

http://theunfunnytruth.ytmnd.com/

http://scientologyattack.ytmnd.com/

http://theunfunnysequel.ytmnd.com/

http://smoothscientology.ytmnd.com/

By the way did I mention L.R.Hubbard was famed to have said "The best way to make a million dollars is to start your own religion" and just for balance Hubbard died on the run from the law for ordering several members of the church including his own wife to infiltrate the IRS and remove "false" information from their archives with relation to Scientology his wife and the people involved were arrested, indited (I dont know how to spell it) and convicted.

I look forward to your opinions and even better if you are a scientologist tell us what the church has done for you. I hope this thread has an impact.

Here is another link http://scientomogy.com/ its a comedy look at scientology and Tom Cruise but there are serious articles and videos here.

Sniper_Zegai

Last edited by Sniper_Zegai on Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Now this may seem like the most ridiculous thing you have ever heard.

Yes that is the most ridiculous thing i ever heard! It sounds like a really bad plot from a really crap Sci-Fi Movie! And if i offend anyone by saying that, well i am sorry.

I did not realise that was the belief of Scientologists and watching those videos i did not realise Scientology was around that long....

But hey.....please excuse my ignorance, it will be interesting to see what others have to say.
Sniper_Zegai

Gaien Magic Men

659144 Potch
850 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

phew Im glad my first poster was ok with this lol. Something told me this would be closed down the second I posted it. Maybe Im being paranoid.

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I once was shown a "truth about scientolgy" webpage that mented how the'll sue you if you give out their papers for free, and someone uploaded the scientologist bible on a website or somthing and they got upset (copyright infringmet)

what bothers me is the face that a writer, not a prohet or spiritualist or dreamwalker or medium came up with it, withn in that I'm upset because I cannot achnive that from a 'fantasy angle) I'd offer people something kinder, happier and best of all FREE.

This religion seems to be popular with movie stars and celeberties right? Ah well, its intersting at least. Don't know if it makes sence compaired to other belives.

anway there policies on child rearing and saying no to medical help and drugs seems bad. moreso when that video coverd that guy who had his sezure pills taken away. So if someone is diabetic they'l tell you not to use insulin but eat some figs insted?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sniper_Zegai

Gaien Magic Men

659144 Potch
850 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You think thats wacky check this out:

R.L.Hubbard wrote:
Our enemies are less than twelve men. They are members of the Bank of England and other higher financial circles. They own and control newspaper chains and they, oddly enough, run all the mental health groups in the world that had sprung up ... Their apparent programme was to use mental health, which is to say psychiatric electric shock and pre-frontal lobotomy, to remove from their path any political dissenters ... These fellows have gotten nearly every government in the world to owe them considerable quantities of money through various chicaneries and they control, of course, income tax, government finance — Harold Wilson, for instance, the current Premier of England, is totally involved with these fellows and talks about nothing else actually.

WTF. Is this guy serious! So anyone opposing the bank of england had labotomies and nobody noticed and income tax finances the fund for world domination. How much do you think the UK pays in taxes! I suppose all those fire engines and police units pay for themselves.

I dont see how anyone can read this and still think scientology is for real. If somebody came to my door and told me this then said "and all it costs for you to join is 1300 dollars (1000 pounds roughly) I would kick his ass on general principle. It just goes to show how dumb hollywood is.

By the way.....YAY!?! for Britian we rule the world..........apparently

Username

441125 Potch
0 Soldiers
550446 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I feel I must point out that Scientology is not a church, or a cult. It is in fact the perfect accompaniment to any other religion, and can be practiced side by side with Christianity, Judaism, Sikhism, Buddhism, Hindu etc etc.
Sniper_Zegai

Gaien Magic Men

659144 Potch
850 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ley wrote:
I feel I must point out that Scientology is not a church, or a cult. It is in fact the perfect accompaniment to any other religion, and can be practiced side by side with Christianity, Judaism, Sikhism, Buddhism, Hindu etc etc.

I'm not here to say that beleiving in Scientology is harmful in itself. There are many different religions in this world and I have no problem with any of them as I beleive strongly that freedom of religion is a basic human right.

That being said. The religions you have named offer there services to anyone and everyone who takes interest for nothing more than the willingness to beleive, although I will admit most religions expect donations, it is optional and no repurcusion will come of it if you decide not to make a donation.

Scientology however makes vast amounts of money from recriuts and the bible of scientology is not available to anyone who is willing to read it. In fact the "secrets" of scientology are only offered to higher ranking members who litterally pay tens of thousands of dollars to acheive the next levels. And most of all unless you PAY, you will NOT be allowed to become a member.

You may say then if you feel badly about paying then why should you become a member. I agree with this. But I however do not feel a call to a certain religion and although Im not an athiest I dont beleive in any particular religion. Others however may feel a certain calling to scientology and they may be taken advantage of.

Last and not least when I refer to the "church" I mean the higher ranking members of Scientology who decide what goes on within the organisation.

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ley wrote:
Scientology can be practiced side by side with Christianity, Judaism, Sikhism, Buddhism, Hindu etc etc.

That's what Scientology claims, but it's not true at all. The teachings of Scientology clearly contradict the faiths you listed (most prominently the first two), so it just doesn't work to combine them. Scientology thinks that they can gain more followers if they claim that possible converts don't need to abandon their old faith (at least in the beginning), but it's nothing more than propaganda.
Urn

Azure Flames

7756 Potch
0 Soldiers
970973 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Although, I agree with the overall statement here, the most simple argument a Scientologist can make is that it is not forcing anyone to conform to their beliefs. There are plenty of so-called religions out there and we are not forced to prescribe to any. If a person wants to donate money to become one of their members, then they obviously have the need to do so. Therefore, we cannot make the statement that they are being taken advantage of because they are willingly making the decision to be taken advantage of.

The fact that Scientology is becoming such a popular form of religious belief should concern people of other religious sects. Look at what Scientology is offering and it is still gaining members constantly. What does that say about peoples' faith in the more "traditional" forms of worship. Scientology has commited no crime and as you said, people are free to worship as they deem fit. We can argue the morality and ethics of such a religion, but the fact of the matter is that it seems to work for the people who follow it, so who are we to claim that it is silly or frivolous?

KOOLUK SUPPORTS TINTO MINERS
Sniper_Zegai

Gaien Magic Men

659144 Potch
850 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Unfortunatly Urn. Scientology keeps its religous and theraputic practices a well kept secret and anyone who tries to copy or emulate these techniques are qiuckly threatened with legal action and are shut down.

The most popular of these techniques is "Auditing". Auditing has come under a serious amount of critisism from the scientific communities of several countries and has even been banned to a certain extent in a couple of european countries. The hypnotherapists and hypnotists of the scientific world have been carefully studying auditing and it is actually a form of authorative hypnosis.

wikipedia.com wrote:
Researchers believe that Scientology techniques involve what is termed authoritative hypnosis. In much of Hubbard's Scientology and Dianetics writings, he would redefine common words replace them with a term he created. According to The Anderson Report, Hubbard has done this with hypnotic phenomena also. It is also believed that Hubbard has attributed spiritual significance to the results of the hypnosis. Among the terms that Hubbard has used for documented stages of unconsciousness experiences in hypnosis are:

This means that people who go through these processes and experience posotive results can actually receive something very simular from a hypnotherapist. And this means scientologists are crediting the results of these prectices to something spiritual when it is'nt. For people who dont know much about hypnotherapy they could mistake the results for something spiritual when it is actually scientific.

This is what I mean by people who may feel a calling to scientology may be sucked in for the wrong reasons.

Windriders

544907 Potch
4066 Soldiers
620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ley wrote:

You know, it's members are part of the Church of Scientology. That's the official name. The group isn't shy about promoting its status as a religion. As for it being a cult, it's been labeled as one by many sources, most of whom have found themselves bought out after extensive lawsuits. The dictionary definition of what a cult it tends to support it's status as one.
Sniper_Zegai

Gaien Magic Men

659144 Potch
850 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As for scientology being a cult, I'm not sure if it is but to call it a perfectly ligit religion is a little naive.

Besides the simple fact that the CoS (Church of Scientology, just so you know) qiuckly silences anyone who openly questions their practices and techniques as well what actually happens to people who are within the religion is clearly not the actions of a ligitamate religion and thier actions seem more simular to "The People's Temple" or "Aum" who silenced any public figures who dared go against them.

True they did'nt try to gas any journalists but the form of financial ruin can have as much of a devastating effect and they do this under copywright laws when its clear that they are silencing any and all voices who do anything to expose what happens withing this "religion". Some may argue this is becuase the religion in itself is secretive but to allow their activities to go completly un-monitored is foolish indeed.

Windriders

544907 Potch
4066 Soldiers
620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

One of the definitions of a cult follows the Scientology's use of Dianetics fairly well.

Quote:
any system for treating human sickness that originated by a person usually claiming to have sole insight into the nature of disease, and that employs methods regarded as unorthodox or unscientific.

It's also been labeled as one by other foreign governments as well, so this isn't coming from me.

Last edited by Amyral on Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm... I had been wondering what this Scientology was. That's really screwed up.

Gaien Magic Men

659144 Potch
850 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is'nt it just Yvl.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: