Suikoden Ugly and Irrational Karma Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

NCAA Men's Basketball tournament.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject: NCAA Men's Basketball tournament. Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is anyone participating in bracket predicting, office pools or that kind of thing? I ask because a certain site is giving away prizes for the highest scored brackets. The list is the following:

64 IPODs
32 Nintendo DS
16 Slingboxes
8 PS3s
4 HD TVs.
And the grand prize is 2 mini-coopers

This site is different though. If you invite a friend and they actually win a prize, you get the same prize because you invite them! So you actually have a decent chance of scoring here.

If anyone is interested, send me your email information by PM. From there, you can invite your own friends and start up your own mega-pool of people.

The Hokies

74481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sounds interesting, I'll give you a PM. Don't forget the brackets on ESPN and Yahoo everyone, they're quite nice too.

This is my favorite time of the year on the sports calendar. But, this years bracket looks quite tough. First round upsets anyone?

4 Maryland / 13 Davidson - Seems to be a trendy pick. Curry's kid is a beast, no doubt. But I actually think Maryland was seeded right, and will make a strong push for the sweet 16.

The picks I think have the strongest possibilities for upsets:

4 Virginia / 13 Albany - UVA has 2 good guards, and thats it. Albany has a strong team remaining from last year which competed with Uconn.

5 Tennessee / 12 Long Beach State - Everyone seems to be targeting this game as a possible upset, but I think Lofton and company will prevent it from happening.

5 VT / 12 Illinois - If the Hokies can win this game, I think they will go far in the tourney.

6 Notre Dame/ 11 Winthrop - I don't think either team will make it to the sweet 16.

6 Vanderbilt / 11 GW- Vandy seems to be a trendy pick. But I wouldnt be surprised to see them fall to a solid GW team.

7 BC / 10 Texas Tech - I think it would be an upset if TT loses.

The #1 and 2 seeds all look solid this year. I wouldn't bet on any major upsets against these teams this year. But the the top teams that I think have the biggest chance to choke in the first round are Memphis (against a very athletic UNT team) and UNC (weakest #1 seed, imo). It won't happen, but I would love to see any of the 1 seeds drop.
SuikoGator

6724 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gators can't be denied. One of the best teams I've ever seen in college basketball.
Thor McOdin

Stupid Sexy Flanders!

1757439 Potch
4444 Soldiers
4225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ohio State isn't human. Oh, God! I just had a heart attack! Needless to say, I still have three teams in. Holla at yo boy!

Not all ninja codes are brewed equally. Here at Shinobi, we use the choicest Bavarian hops that are ripened to perfection. One sip and we will have you saying...nothing.
Flare

Flying Bolts of Doom

680830 Potch
3700 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have 46 points. Wheee! I picked Memphis to win the whole thing. We shall see. One of my final four has already been knocked out, though. That's right, I, and many others I'll bet, picked Wisconsin to be in the final four. I didn't finish my bracket in time to turn it in anywhere, so I just kinda compete with my brother and dad, who did turn in brackets.
shuxion

1500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Though the games have been good, I would like to have seen more upsets. I really hope all 4 #1's don't make it. Then next year even less mid-majors will get a shot at an at-large bid.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, one of my Final Four picks is out of the mix, but I still think Georgetown will win it all.

Flying Bolts of Doom

680830 Potch
3700 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Heh, all of my final four is out. I'm done.......
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Three of my picks are still in. Florida, Georgetown, and Ohio State. I had UCLA going to the Elite Eight, but losing to Kansas. Maybe I should have listened to Ced when he was talking about UCLA going far. Oh well, three out of four isn't bad. If Ohio State wins it all I may still have a chance to win my pool. I doubt it, though. I messed up a lot in some of the earlier rounds.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Barbarossa Rugner

The Golden Mercenaries

5684336 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Who has everyone picked now that the final four is set???? I think i am going to have to go with Florida. They have too much talent and too much experience. Although I wouldn't count out anyone, especially Ohio State with Oden.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm going to say that whoever wins the game between Georgetown and Ohio State will win it all. Right now I'm leaning towards Ohio State-- but Georgetown could pull off an upset, I know Tullaryx is predicting that one, as you can see above.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SuikoGator

6724 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Florida. Nuff said. We played Ohio State already and beat them by 26, and that's with our walk on's in at the end. We would have beaten them by 40... Honestly I'm more worried about UCLA then whoever we have to play in the championship game.
Ninjar

The Shins

247440 Potch
1500 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oregon let me down. They would have won if Porter had showed up against Florida...
shuxion

1500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:05 pm    Post subject: Re: NCAA Men's Basketball tournament. Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Cedric wrote:
Is anyone participating in bracket predicting, office pools or that kind of thing? I ask because a certain site is giving away prizes for the highest scored brackets. The list is the following:

64 IPODs
32 Nintendo DS
16 Slingboxes
8 PS3s
4 HD TVs.
And the grand prize is 2 mini-coopers

This site is different though. If you invite a friend and they actually win a prize, you get the same prize because you invite them! So you actually have a decent chance of scoring here.

If anyone is interested, send me your email information by PM. From there, you can invite your own friends and start up your own mega-pool of people.

Should o9f joined, I love those things. My brackets are horrible but they still are really fun.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Have... Should have joined, not should of.

Anyhow, my bracket that I did in this Pick'em thing was atrocious. I picked all 4 of the wrong teams to make the Final 4. I don't know what I was smoking but I picked Tennessee to make Final 4. Maybe I was thinking Women's B-Ball? Who knows. All I know is I do really friggin' bad,

If only I had copied my Yahoo! bracket into this I would have had a shot at winning a prize. I came in first out of 2,988 people in the "Fans of Niagara" group. I only did one bracket on Yahoo's bracket Pick'em and I think it was a big success. If you don't believe me, go and look at my Fantasy Profile. A shame there's no prize for winning there other than the unique little trophy on my shelf. I'm sort of glad because there is only 65 2007 1st place Public Yahoo Pick'em trophies in all of the internet, and I have one. Hooray! 1 for each of the teams fan groups in the college bracket. (Remember that technically Florida A&M was a possible entrant and Niagara beat them in the entrance hgame so they technically had a fan group on Yahoo).

So while I failed at the one that could reap actual benefits, I had great success in the one that was purely for fun and bragging rights. Oh, well. At least I can pride myself in my ability to pick teams 1/2 of the time. My Yahoo trophy case is going to look even better once I beat Scarlet in Hockey this week. Haha. Maybe I'll add the Suikox trophy for Football come next february too. Probably not though.

Anyhow, it was a fun March Madness and I had a lot of fun rooting for various teams. A shame my Niagara didn't do well, but at least I predicted their demise properly, hehe. How did you do Ced?

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: