Suikoden Ugly and Infamous Knowledge Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Blinking Mirror Glitch? (Suikoden V)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:47 am    Post subject: Blinking Mirror Glitch? (Suikoden V) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In Suikoden V, I was playing through, I recruited Viki, then I thought I'd go talk to her for the mirror, she hands it to me, and then I am left with a problem. The blinking mirror is no where to be seen in my items, at all. So after a bit of talking and looking around, I decided to restart the console and try again, and this time however, it worked, and I had the mirror in my inventory.

Has this ever happened with anyone else?!
redxa3

Valence Turmeil

363113 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Never happened to me.

Valence Turmeil
The Protectors of the Crimson Deep
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

nope can't say that has happened to me.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, to be honest, this is the first time I've heard of such a thing happening to the blinking mirror. I am pretty much sure it has not happened to me yet, but I can say I have experienced similar cases before. What I mean is that it took me quite a while for some things to appear in the game, but not specifically with the Blinking Mirror. It does not do any harm though, so I'm not too worried about it. I just thought that it was just my disc's fault. It has some scratches, so I figured that must be it. Does your disc have any scratches on it, Uji?
Lonelion

Lonelion's Naval Fleet.

4727 Potch
106 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:53 am    Post subject: Re: Blinking Mirror Glitch? (Suikoden V) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hayashi Ujitsuna wrote:
In Suikoden V, I was playing through, I recruited Viki, then I thought I'd go talk to her for the mirror, she hands it to me, and then I am left with a problem. The blinking mirror is no where to be seen in my items, at all. So after a bit of talking and looking around, I decided to restart the console and try again, and this time however, it worked, and I had the mirror in my inventory.

Has this ever happened with anyone else?!

Kinjutsu on Konami had the same thing happen to him where the blinking mirror isn't in any of his items,he mentioned it to me on konami about 2 or 3 weeks ago.

I've been lucky that i haven't had this problem yet.

http://www.myspace.com/lonelion7769
http://www.duefiumi.com
http://z6.invisionfree.com/suikocross
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
poorguy171

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You did check the Rare Items section right? It should be at the top there (although maybe the glitch is that it's at the bottom or something). If it's not there, I guess you should try contacting Konami.

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've had a look around the internet and I've discovered it is in fact a glitch that occurs occasionally.
poorguy171

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Does it require starting a new file?

The Golden Mercenaries

5685455 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well all you can do is to make sure you save right before meeting Viki.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

poorguy171 wrote:
Does it require starting a new file?

I just reset the console as I'd saved a bit before I talked to Viki, so no you shouldn't need a new file anyway.
poorguy171

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay, so it's a pretty minor glitch. That's a relief, because I wouldn't want to have to restart anything if it happened to me!

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

only thing your gotta do is save before you leave the ceras lake ruins since that is when your get her.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I guess as a challenge, you could rough out the whole game without one.

Just hope Viki doesn't teleport you to that field off the map, the one you need the mirror to leave from.

^Actual quote!
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If you didn't get it, you just can't use Viki to teleport, so there's no risk of being trapped by the giant tree.

This has to be a really rare glitch. I've played through SV a total of 7 times and haven't encountered it once. I don't know what I'd do without my precious Blinking Mirror!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Sniper_Zegai

Gaien Magic Men

659144 Potch
850 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Many people back on suikosource complained about this "glitch". Who knows I did'nt personally remember this glitch but ny the time I may have tried to use the blinking mirror I may have already have restarted the cpu.

Who knows though. You'd think the guys at Konami would keep a close eye out for a glitch concerning the blinking mirror.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: