Suikoden Uncanny and Inspirational Kibbutz Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Super Mario Galaxy
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:38 pm    Post subject: Super Mario Galaxy Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Anyone seen the new trailer thats been released lately for this game? It looks great.

http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/9890

It looks like quite a special game, and the most innovative and different of the Mario games to date. This isn't the normal concept of Mario being a normal 2D or 3D platformer where he runs on land and jumps simply to a piece of land higher. Super Mario Galaxy involves Mario jumping from one gravitational pull to another, Mario is in outer space and has to launch himself from one object floating in space to the other. It throws out a lot of the normal objectives and frame works we'd expect from a Mario game. It looks like it'll be using the Wii's hardware and capabilities in full force too.

Give the trailer a watch and tell us what you think. ;)
Tron Bonne

The party members you never use

579843 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm really looking forward to this game. Super Mario Sunshine was a good game, but it felt like more of the same after 10 or so years of playing games that copied the Mario 64 style of gameplay.

I just wish that the mario games weren't one-game-per-console-generation.

[SPECTATOR]

673539 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah it looks really fun, i would like to see a video of just a level played strait for bit though.

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just gotta say as an ardent hater of the adventure elements that Mario 64 brought to the platformer genre, I must say that this may be the plumber's first true, complete, and nothing BUT 3d platforming game. That trailer is swank.
Celes Tilly

Buttery Lungs

290293 Potch
666 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This game looks ridiculous... I AM IN. I like Mario games quite a bit; they're always silly and fun.
retrospect.

Cosby You! Black Entertainer

102725 Potch
420 Soldiers
30 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Highly awaiting. By the time I've got an hdtv and some componant cables I should be done the game though :( oh well replay will always be good for quality faptastic graphics.

Wednesday's Army

20952 Potch
328 Soldiers
225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow, it looks great! It makes me want to buy a wii even more.

Prince Geass Falenas

2327939 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

oh gawd....space...jumping...heights...afraid of falling off...so afraid...

It reminds me alot of Super Mario 64 a bit (hmm...or maybe because the bgm in the trailer sounds soo familiar...) but despite that it has a new feel as well :o

I'm still having trouble picture how it's gonna use the wiimote to do some stuff but...oh well...guess it'll just make me more surprised once it comes out

:o I'm sure my bro will love this game!
....what about me you say? oh I.....er....um....I think I'll keep my feet on the ground for now thanks <.< >.> <.< >.>

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nadistu wrote:
I'm still having trouble picture how it's gonna use the wiimote to do some stuff but...oh well...guess it'll just make me more surprised once it comes out

Well if you look closely at the video, the player uses the Wii control to guide Mario when hes in the air with those circles, you have to keep the aim on each circle as Mario flies along to keep him on track to the next platform.
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Bumping this because of its impending release date and recent announcement that Luigi is playable (first time since Super Mario World, excluding the DS version of Super Mario 64).

The latter part has me ridiculously excited. I'm all over this one.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Luigi is the best, this is going to be one to watch.
Oppenheimer

Les monsieurs de Narcisse

256470 Potch
0 Soldiers
1865 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I seem to always be going against the grain here but I didn't like Mario Sunshine one bit. Mario's always so slippery, and the 3D camera was next to impossible to see what was going on. Although I liked Mario 64 when it came out, if I were to play it nowadays I'm sure I'd hate it. You see, when you go flying off a platform because the controls aren't responsive enough, I feel it's the fault of the game makers, not a challenge. The number of times I pushed jump and Mario did nothing but slide into a pit while the camera spun around making queasy. . . anyway I digress.

The 2D marios I still love, like the New Super Mario Brothers. But I must say I'm not much liking the 3D ones. Unless this one is totally different from Mario 64 and Sunshine I have a feeling I'm going to pass.

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The game is out in Japan and it bombed. It sold 130k on its first day, that's far less compared to SM64 and SMS. Also, NSMB sold 400k on day one in Japan. It seems the only thing Japan likes now is the ds and non-games.
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

But you gotta remember that Mario is a series that has a lot of casual fans. It can end up with constant sales all week and end up with a good number. Speaking of which, does Japan have a gaming chart? I know they have one for CDs and DVDs(ORICON), but do they have one for games? That kind of interests me.

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
Tron Bonne

The party members you never use

579843 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i think there is a gamechart in famitsu. I remember seeing that Halo 3 was actually #1 for one week. i was astonished it was even in the top ten.

I liked mario 64, i liked Sunshine, and i'm probably going to like Galaxy, but i'm tired of one Mario game per console generation.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: