Suikoden Utopian and Irenic Kosher Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

How Stallion got the True Holy rune.(Spoilers)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Felipe

Intelligent Turtle

584845 Potch
1200 Soldiers
500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 8:33 pm    Post subject: How Stallion got the True Holy rune.(Spoilers) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

***SPOILERS***
In Suikoden 4 Cedric got the True Holy rune and he said that he was born with it.How Stallion got one.The one he have is another True Holy rune?

Rebel of Babylon

1137766 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The "True Holy Rune" isn't one of the 27 True Runes. I believe the original name was the "Godspeed Rune." Since the rune is so rare, with only Cedric and Stallion being known bearers, it's possible Stallion could have been born with the same rune as Cedric.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Felipe

Intelligent Turtle

584845 Potch
1200 Soldiers
500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe they are conected in some way??Stallion and Cedric.Or maybe Konami just made this to you have the "speed up thing" in S4.

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Stallion was also born with it. Since it's not a true rune (and I don't see why having the word "true" in its name matter so much since most true runes don't), there are always chance for more than one to exist in the world.

Like how Sarah was born with a Flowing rune attached.
Kane of the Black Sea

Pilage and Plunder

77740 Potch
208 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It is possible for them both to be born with it but does anyone know when Stallion was born. It is possible that he was alive during the Suikoden IV time period :twisted:

Nameless Lands : Chikei - Avenging Star
Sig art by ardPSiko

All I want out of Life it to be a monkey of moderate intelligence who wears a suit.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

He wasn't. We also discussed this idea to death already.
Kane of the Black Sea

Pilage and Plunder

77740 Potch
208 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh sorry about that then :oops: :twisted:

Nameless Lands : Chikei - Avenging Star
Sig art by ardPSiko

All I want out of Life it to be a monkey of moderate intelligence who wears a suit.
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1137766 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

According to the Suikoden timeline found at Suikosource as well as Suikox, Stallion was born during In Solis 419, roughly 36 years before the Gate Rune War began. So Stallion is over 100 years too young to have been around during the events of Suikoden IV.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kane of the Black Sea wrote:
Oh sorry about that then :oops: :twisted:

No need to apologize at all ^_^ Not only didn't you begin the topic, but I can't blame him either since apparently the old thread wasn't very well titled. I can't seem to find the discussion anywhere.
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Both Stallion and Cedric were born with the Godspeed Rune (True Holy Rune).
Mad Mage

0 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What, the same Godspeed Rune? So, like did the Rune disappear when Cedric died only to reemerge on Stallion? I don't get it.
Barbarossa Rugner

The Golden Mercenaries

5685455 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think they are actually referring to the same exact rune, but i could be wrong. The Godspeed rune(True holy rune) is a normal rune. It is the same as two people having a fire rune. Although they are much more rare in the suikoden world than a fire rune, the godspeed rune is still just a normal rune so it is always possible for their to be two of them.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Remember, despite the name, the True Holy Rune is NOT a true rune; thus, it stands likely that it is not a "unique" rune; just a rare one. It seems very likely that two people just happened to be born with the same rune within a 200 year span. The True Holy Rune thing is just a mistranslation that, for some reason, Konami has never fixed. :|

Elc wrote:
According to the Suikoden timeline found at Suikosource as well as Suikox, Stallion was born during In Solis 419, roughly 36 years before the Gate Rune War began. So Stallion is over 100 years too young to have been around during the events of Suikoden IV.

That's kind of odd; according to Richmond's secrets in Suikoden II (or at least the listing of Richmond's secrets that I just looked up to see if they said anything relevant about the True Holy Rune), Stallion is only 28. 0.o

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's because they list his age in elf years (x 1.5). Stallion would be 42 human years old in Suikoden 2.

And yes, the True Holy Rune is not a unique rune. More than one person can have it.
Zaj I mean Mike

I just sell weapons

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is there any thing that says how a person is born with a rune if the mom has it will the kid? Or is that just a way of saying they have had it from a young age.

CLERKS
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: