Suikoden Uncanny and Inspirational Karma Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden 3: Rune arrangements!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Icebergin

1500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 11:49 pm    Post subject: Suikoden 3: Rune arrangements! Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hi everyone.

Playing through SIII again, and I was wondering if anyone had any unique things they did with rune arrangements or had a character that kicked more ass than normal...

And i was sitting here thinking, and I was like "huh, Watari has three rune slots... what to put on him? Fury, Warrior, Double-Strike? Or save the Fury, since I can use Nei to make him Berserk and toss on a Killer Rune? Hmmm...."

Then I thought it would be interesting to see what other people did with characters in Suikoden 3, since we all know Rina, Kelley and Sheena are the badasses of Suikoden 2.

I was looking at Queen... wish I could take off that stupid rune she has and put something else there, but I guess she'll end up with some sort of Wind Rune... prolly a Cyclone if there's one in the game (can't remember, heh...) Ah well. Wanted to use her with a Fury and DoubleStrike... dammit.

Ah well, anyone want to share?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Stampede

The One-Eyed Jacks

30154 Potch
11 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's really, simple, actually. I just used Emily, and I was done setting up my party. As far as overpoweredness goes, there's not a Suikoden II character around who can measure up to Emily or Juan. Hell, not even Lilly.
Icebergin

1500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lilly's overpowered? I must be missing something...

So is Juan? the hell? What's so great about him?

I (heart) Lilly, btw. lol

Emily, eh? Never used her. Used Thomas in the final battle for giggles, but never Emily...

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I used Thomas in every battle, but not for giggles. He's a decent fighter, dammit!

Since most fighters only get one or two rune slots, I just stick with a magic rune (if they get level 4 magic) and a Fury (which I stockpile while playing as Hugo). If they're grunts, I'll throw on a Double-Strike or Warrior, depending on the person's Defense and Repel. If they're mages, I usually have a "highest order" magic rune, an Alert (though a battle that last more than four turns is rare), and if they have a third slot, a Wizard rune (I think that's the name).
Rheo

Here and There

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thomas is a very decent fighter and mage if you trained him up (what a surprise, an A in Wind Magic)

Cecile, too, has an abnormal growth in PWR...

I used Emily in the final boss fight, and she died in the first 2 rounds. Her magic defense is not really the best.

The truely overpowered characters are those mounted pairs. Hugo/Fubar, Futch/Blight, Franz/Ruby. Of course all True Rune users are very powerful in fight, and there are quite a few of them playable compared to former games.

I feel that Suikoden 3 is more physical>magical. I usually put Killer and Double-Strike on all the fighters.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i didn't really use any magical attacks in SIII (except for some support from nei) i only use emily and juan and let them wreack havoc.
Marshmallow

Shikigami

203358 Potch
110 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, something I was really pissed at with the True Rune users was in the final battle. I picked Sasarai to use instead of Chris because . . . well . . . Sasarai just rules. Unfortunately, the stupid final boss was in the AIR, and Sasarai's True Earth rune was rendered useless.

For rune arrangements, I powered Viki's magic with a magician rune and a blue gate, but that's about it.
Cirape

0 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Emily is the roXx0r ^_^
We leveled her up muchly, we did. I belive she got to be our fastest char period. Had even more attacks per round that un-mounted Hugo .oO
Granted, her defense did need work, and I had chars with higher attacks, but I still think the sheer amount of attacks Emily had evened that out ^^;

eh-heh...there's no reason for this post, is there? I just love Emily
leena fighter

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Emily /does/ kick ass, but yeah, I wouldn't use her in the final battle because of the magic. And Sasarai isn't useless there, casting canopy defense every so often is extremely helpful, as is having another water rune for healing, so if you're like me and forget that yes, you have the power to heal, it's quite a big help.
Jhee Family Estate

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Rhett is quite an insane physical fighter, with the right setup. He can average ~3000 damage per turn. Doesn't beat the likes of Emily and Juan, but it's amusing for the duck to be so excellent.

Most fighters can be tweaked into very high damage ranges. It's the first Suikoden in which they're consistently better than mages, and it doesn't take too much work to make it happen.
tekknopirate

0 Potch
92 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Give Lucia A Fury, Drain, and Rage Rune That's probably one of my best characters. And all the True Rune bearers of course.
Shabadoo

56688 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I gave Watari a Fury, Warrior, and Double Strike, he was doing about 3000 damage (with all of his attacks). I had Geddoe with a Fury and Doubble Strike to go with his True Lightning Rune, which pretty much makes him one of the best offensive characters in the game. Other than that I usualy just gave the people I used a fury rune and a magic rune.
Dark Viktor

The sleeping deaf guys

24500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey ya In my opnion my Geddoe is the man, on his head is pale gate rune his right hand the tru fire rune left hand is the fury rune he does about 810 damage a hit 8)
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

810? That's all?
TheStrategist

Sentinel 8

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A little off topic, but a lot of poeple think Twaikin is the best candidate for the battle against the Ice enemy (can't recall the name - when Jimba releases the True Water Rune)....I used Futch instead.. If you beef up Futch in S2, he is a beast in the third. When the Ice enemy was dropping those enormous icicles on his head, it was only taking off 5 DMG - Of course, you'll need the Firefly rune..I would rather have Futch taking hits instead of Twaikin...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: