Suikoden Unique and Irrational Kibbutz Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

SARS Fantasy Football League (NFL) 2007
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amyral

Windriders

544907 Potch
4066 Soldiers
620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

let's not introduce that clustercrap into this, team defenses own individual defensive players.
Sierra Mikain

Blue Moon

19500 Potch
0 Soldiers
666 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

individual defensive players is a waste of time IMO. I'm not interested personally.

All turnovers are 2 points either for or against depending if it's your defense or an offensive player. I forgot to put that in. Whoopsie!

Also, please notice the category is DEF and NOT DEF/ST.

Executors of Divine Providence

22038 Potch
0 Soldiers
5678 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks, Sierra. I'm TOTATLLY against IDPs. (Yes, I've been in a league that's used those.)

Happily Married to the Lovely Lady Chris Lightfellow! :D
Calvin

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Are people used to a TD being worth less than 6 points or something?

Leagues that I've been in have usually had TD passes worth less than 6 points, reasoning that because they get more touchdowns than other positions, they should get less points. In another league I frequent, QBs get 4 points a TD and are penalized 2 or 3 points (I can't remember the exact number) for turnovers. In my experience that has been the "traditional" way of scoring, but I could see the argument either way as far as how many points they should get. I also would be naive to think that it is the only way.

As I said though, I really don't care. As long as one is aware of the point system before drafting the team, than you really don't have any excuse for drafting poorly.

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

Locke

Poker of Doom

157293 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I always seem to draft poorly. Then again, my players generally spend more time in the training room than on the football field.

Yes, let us stay away from individual defensive players. Thats more of a headache than anything to be in a league that does that. I have been in those types of leagues before and it became a pain in the butt to pay attention to every last player on my team with who was healthy and who wasn't. I mean I had Pat Tillman on my team when he was off in basic training and did not even know that he was off in basic training because I had about 30 players to keep track off.

Though, what about a point every two or three receptions?

3 Time Suikox WWE Fantasy Champion
Sierra Mikain

Blue Moon

19500 Potch
0 Soldiers
666 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Reception points don't bother me as long as it's not overwhelming. I think if you can find something to make WRs a little closer valued to RBs then that would be fine. 1 point per reception is ludicrous.

How about 1 every 5?

The way I figure... 9 receptions, 110 yards, and a score is a good day for an average top tier WR. -- 12.5 points
A good RB will get 20 carries for 120 and a score and only come out with -- 12.0 points.

Obviously RB scores and yardage are more consistent, but points for receptions can throw the scoring out of balance if you don't do it right.

And you draft fine Locke, you could've won either of the last 2 years and down the stretch I've been afraid to play your team both seasons. Last year our league was so tight I could've missed the playoffs tho I scored more regular season points than anyone by what? 300? I was really impressed with everyone last year.

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As long as the scoring is set up so your average players can still be productive for the team, that's fine. I mean, only one person is going to be able to get LaDainian Tomlinson and so forth, so if you get too stingy with points, then the average player that will be making up the majority of the team will be rendered rather useless. I don't mean to say that we should overvalue them either though. We just need them to be competitive, not look like Pro Bowlers. Well, I'm sure thems in charge can figure all that out and make the scoring balanced.

~Uguu!~
whatadai

The Trojans

0 Potch
70 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'll join. How do you guys score and everything? Do you use one of the fantasy football sites to create leagues or do you do it manually?
Sierra Mikain

Blue Moon

19500 Potch
0 Soldiers
666 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's on yahoo. Our scoring status is already listed in this thread and it's custom.

I'll add you to the waiting list tho we will need 3 more after you to add you to the league.

Edit:

Guys notice that we have our own subforum in this forum thanks to SARS and Axiose. We can get the information better spread out and organized that way. I think I added all of you, but if you haven't already been added please let me know.

As for everyone else, we are still taking new members. If you'd like to join post her or PM me.

The Trojans

0 Potch
70 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

how do i join the subforum? I can't find the one i have to apply to. is it possible to make a 3rd league? one for people interested in joining a keeper league too?
Sierra Mikain

Blue Moon

19500 Potch
0 Soldiers
666 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The forum is to get input from the people who have guaranteed spots. To join it I'd have to admit you, but as of right now we are full unless we get 3 more people besides you. We have 2 leagues of 8 and will max them out at 10 each or play with 8 each. Not 10 and 8 or 9 and 9, because of inter-league things and bye weeks which would both be messed with. You are at the top of the list and I want to fill the leagues to 10s, but it's not really practical to get input from someone who might not have a spot. We still have several months before we draft so if you stay active on the forums here, it's very likely you'll have a space.

I have a feeling that if everyone wanted to play in a keeper league that they'd be voting for it, but keepers seem to be relatively unfavorable.

That being said, if anyone is interested in having a separate keeper league feel free to reply here and we can run one separate without a problem.

Again people: 3 MORE SPACES AVAILABLE FOR THE MAIN LEAGUES

The Ebon Elite

356999 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm always down for a fantasy football league. I can't tell you how many I've been in over the past few years. If you can find a spot for me..I'm more than willing to participate..that is if you guys can offer more competition than my last few leagues. :D

<---cocky
Barbarossa Rugner

The Golden Mercenaries

5684336 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kai Ver' Xion wrote:
I'm always down for a fantasy football league. I can't tell you how many I've been in over the past few years. If you can find a spot for me..I'm more than willing to participate..that is if you guys can offer more competition than my last few leagues. :D

It's more of a question of whether or not you will still be around when we begin the league. I hate unactive fantasy football players.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
Kai Ver' Xion

The Ebon Elite

356999 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Barbarossa Rugner wrote:

It's more of a question of whether or not you will still be around when we begin the league. I hate unactive fantasy football players.

I hate that too. Whats the point of joining a league if you dont participate? You don't have to worry about me. I take fantasy football very serriously.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: