Suikoden Ugly and Informational Knowledge Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

SARS Fantasy Football League (NFL) 2007
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sierra Mikain

Blue Moon

19500 Potch
0 Soldiers
666 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:37 pm    Post subject: SARS Fantasy Football League (NFL) 2007 Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

2005 Champion - Sierra Mikain (2nd Place Servo, 3rd Place Vincent07)
2006 Champion - SamuraiX (2nd Place Sierra Mikain, 3rd Place Servo)

OK... I'm getting the thread going a little early because I need to know who is in this year and there's some things we need to decide. (Draft order and league format issues)

Please reply or PM me if you'll be in again this year. Once I get impatient I'll PM you guys individually. If that happens, expect insults, vulgarity, and/or death threats.

If you'd like to get in the league, please post a reply here. We ARE full, but staying that way will depend on ppl replying. I already have 2 people wanting in and I might kick Rosedale out since he's not even a sars member, but a reliable FF player.

ALSO! If you're interested and we are full STILL REPLY! It's VERY possible that a sister league could open up and there's tons of possibilities we could run with that.

******* WE NOW HAVE 16 PEOPLE WHICH MEANS 2 LEAGUES ********

-Members-

Blasphemy *
Sai Fujiwara *
Servo *
Samurai X *
Equus *
Locke *
Barbarosa Rugner *
Sierra Mikain *
Geddoe *
Rosedale *
Zonder*
Moon Knight*
Tullaryx*
Parallax*
Sailor Sexy*
Amyral *

whatadai **

* - Verified in league this year.
** - Waiting list

-Issues-

**Since Samurai X won the league last year, the plan I had was to let him pick where he drafted (like last year). However all you guys are complaining about how you don't like that system. I've stated my case that winning the league means you win to pick where you draft next year. Samurai X picked where he drafted last and it didn't seem to kill him in the long run.

He went worst to first.

With that being said... I think everyone is being selfish and wants a shot at Tomlinson. I'm fully against a random order because that's NOT the way we've been doing things here. Please post your comments on the draft. I'm not running a poll because I don't want people not in the league to vote.

Options:

1. Reverse draft order. (Samurai X would draft last)
2. Pick your spot. (Samurai X picks where he drafts first)
3. Same order. (Samurai X picks first)
4. Random Order (Let yahoo decide...If you pick this I kill you)
5. Something else

** Also, no one wants to have keeper players from last year, but many are interested in having a keeper league this year. The only way I will agree to a keeper league this year is if the draft order is NOT RANDOM OR REVERSED. Why? Because it's not fair to Samurai X, that's why.

EDIT!

** I'd like to take a vote on increasing the league from 10 to 12 teams as well.

So my vote is as follows:

Pick your spot draft
No keepers
10 or 12 teams... doesn't matter I just win

Kisses and hugs,

SM

Edit:

- Added vote
- Added waiting list ppl
- Added sister section
- Added previous winner list
- Added edit list. ^_^

Last edited by Sierra Mikain on Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:43 pm; edited 10 times in total
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, if someone is dropped or just decides not to join up again this season count me in as being on the waiting list.

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If you guys need a separate forum for this, let us (admins) know.
Sierra Mikain

Blue Moon

19500 Potch
0 Soldiers
666 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay Tullaryx, I added you to the waiting list.

Papa wrote:

If you guys need a separate forum for this, let us (admins) know.

If we end up getting a sister league that might be SUPER helpful since private leagues CANNOT be accessed by people who aren't members. Have to wait and see. Thanks very much for the offer, it's really appreciated!

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm in, of course--if there's space for me.

My vote:

Reverse order
No keepers
10 or 12 teams, doesn't matter to me.

I think pride should be enough of a prize. But maybe I'm just old school.^^

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

Geddoe

Eyepatches of the Faith

397934 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My vote is as follows:

Samurai X picks his spot
No keepers
10 or 12 teams.

Jared, I don't care if I win this league, I'm coming to kick your fantasy league ass for denying me my comeback bid last year. You and your team shall pay this year, my pretty! *bwahahahahaha*

The Golden Mercenaries

5684336 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm in.

My votes are:
Reverse order draft
No Keepers
12 teams

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
Samurai X

The Hokies

74481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Of course I'm in.

Vote:

Pick your spot draft
No keeper league
10 or 12 teams, I don't care.
Sai Fujiwara

Executors of Divine Providence

22038 Potch
0 Soldiers
5678 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd certainly like to be in, unless something comes up and I can't fully participate. If that happens, I'll be sure to let you know, sweetie pie. :P

Personally, I'm for a reverse order, since it helps the bottom players do better... Unless they're really bad at drafting, that is. Either way, I don't really care. Honestly, random might be even better, since there was so much complaining about it before. (Some of it was from me, true.)

Of course, even if I had picked first, I would've been screwed because I wasn't able to attend the live draft since something important came up a week or two before.

I'm not complaining about that, just saying nothing outside of a fluke was going to help me last year. Trent Green's injury also stuck it in me real good...

Also, the more the merrier. I'm all for 12 teams, but I think we ought to have divisions. However, that should be subject to a vote. Only thing is, if there ARE 12 teams, I don't want to be the sot that's gotta' play Joel's team twice for the third year in a row... :P

Scoring might want to be looked into also, I think there should be a vote on whether to evaluate the scoring scheme from last year or not.

So, for me it's like this:

Reverse or Random Order (Either or)
12 Teams
No Keepers

**Please evaluate the scoring**

Happily Married to the Lovely Lady Chris Lightfellow! :D
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd love to join again. I can't believe Herm Edwards beat us though. I mean sure, he plays to with the game, .... but man.... I can't bring myself to say I lost to Herm Edwards. Just kidding Samurai X. Congrats on winning!

My votes:

Reverse order
12 Team -- I usually hate 12 team leagues; I much prefer playing 9 strangers than 11 strangers. But 11 suikoxers is much better than 9.
No Keeper league.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Locke

Poker of Doom

157293 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm in

draft doesn't matter to me since where I pick, my players get hurt anyways
league size doesn't matter
keeper doesn't matter

Though, can we add some more scoring categories this year? Having it be TD heavy kinda stinks.

3 Time Suikox WWE Fantasy Champion
Sierra Mikain

Blue Moon

19500 Potch
0 Soldiers
666 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I still haven't heard any objections to the extra point rule I made giving 0-2 defensive points allowed the same score.

Also, scoring yardage using fractional points seems to be well-liked.

I'm fully against going yardage heavy. I think that ESPN league I won last year that I was in with you Locke was simply ridiculous. I didn't even know it was scored that way last year.

If we go to 12 players, we're going to have to reduce roster size and probably include return yardage into the mix tho.

Anything else?

Executors of Divine Providence

22038 Potch
0 Soldiers
5678 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Defensive changes and fractional points are good, but I'm against return yardage.

True, if we increase league size, roster size should be limited to 15 or 16 players. That way it increases available talent for all teams. It's not like you need 17 players anyway, it's just kinda' cool, in case someone goes down.

Happily Married to the Lovely Lady Chris Lightfellow! :D
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If you end up opening another league or end up with room in this one, count me in as well. I'd love to throw down in a good fantasy league this year.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My internet access might be a bit iffy this summer since I'm moving out, but hopefully by August I'll be rarin' to go. So, count me in. If anything comes up, or if I don't think I will be able to participate up to the level that I expect of myself, I'll make sure you know early enough so that someone on the Waiting List can get in on this.

Anyways, my votes:

2. Pick your spot. (Samurai X picks where he drafts first)

-I know I complained about the ordering last year, but because we don't actually have any rewards for this league (other than bragging rights), I think rewarding the winner the chance to pick in next year's Draft is only fair. There aren't any guarantees, even at the top of a Fantasy Draft. I mean, I picked 2nd last year and Shaun Alexander did next to nothing for me, so it's by no means a slam dunk when you are picking first. Some people might choose NOT to pick early, and that's fine too.

No Keepers

-I still would like to try a keeper league, but we would need a long-term commitment from everyone, and that's something that's hard to guarantee. I think the format we have should work out year to year. (I like picking fresh teams each year, too. Keeps things interesting.)

10 or 12 teams

-Not sure why scoring would have to be different if we moved to 12 teams. I don't see it as being that big of a problem. We'd have to lose 1 or 2 spots on our rosters so that the free agent pool isn't completely dry, though.

Scoring changes

-Fractional points is fine by me. I'm not a big fan of counting return yards, unless it's really scaled back (like, 1 pt per 30/40 yards).

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: