Suikoden Ugly and Informational Kraalesque Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

NFL Season 2007
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I suppose I did overlook the Rams, and I'm not going to say thay aren't going to be in contention. Stephen Jackson is a great back, and if he remains healthy in 07, He'll be a beast again.

I also addressed the O Line problem in Arizona as their key concern. I said that if they're going to be contenders thats what they're going to need to fix first and formost.

Also, I will humble you. You were right about the Chargers where I was wrong. I had no faith in Philip Rivers. But he turned out to be a good QB. I knew the Chargers would have a damn good running game, but I thought that they'd be too 1 dimensional. I was wrong. Happy?

Well, year after year we do see teams make surprises. Like last years Saints were an unforseen power. I agree with you that Pittsburgh isn't going to be a threat and will most likely sink to the AFC basement. Along with the Browns and Bills. Oakland almost HAS to have a better year than last, if not then someone is really doing the wrong thing over in the bay. Speaking of bay teams, I think Green Bay and Tampa Bay will be better than last year's teams. I have faith that Bret and the Packers will be at least Wildcard shots. Tampa Bay, now that they have a more reliable QB aside from Bruce Gradkowski (either Simms healthy or Garcia is better than Brucie boy) they'll be able to get to an almost 500 record, but not enough to make the playoffs or anything.

Fresh news out of the Trades and Free Agency. The New York Jets have agreed to a trade with the Chicago Bears for Thomas Jones. The Bears are receiving a 2nd round Draft pick for their second running back. This leaves the Bears, who are almost a shoe in to fall from their 2007 glory, with only Cedric Benson as their running back. With Curtis Martin on the brink or retirement, this comes as no surprise to me. Good move for the Jets, but I don't know if Thomas can fit Mangini's playing style. The Bears often did the all popular two back system where Thomas would run a down and then Benson would come releive him, keeping his legs fresher, but if he goes into a system where all of a sudden he has to be an every down back, I wonder if he can make that transition. I never thought Thomas was all that great of a back to begin with. Maybe he and Kevan Barlow can make it work there in New York. For my own personal desires I hope to god not. I hate the Jets with much fervor.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Samurai X

The Hokies

74481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Maybe he and Kevan Barlow can make it work there in New York. For my own personal desires I hope to god not. I hate the Jets with much fervor.

Kevan Barlow won't be in a Jets uniform next season. Washington and Houston are both very capable backs who will get plenty of time.

It's quite steal for the Jets. The Jets swapped 2nd round picks with the Bears (37 to 63), and get Jones in return. Plenty of cap room for a new deal too, gives the Jets the opportunity to focus on defense during the draft.

I like it...
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It looks like rumor of Randy Moss becoming a Patriot is beginning to heat up. If Belichik and Pioli pull off this deal and the Pats locker room is able to light a fire under Moss' ass and keep him motivated and behaved then Belichik will truly have cemented himself as one of the greats if not the greatest coach. Accurate arm on Brady with Moss on the receiving end would pose nightmares for the AFC and make the Patriots the favorite to win it all. But that's a big if on whether the rumor becomes a reality and Randy Moss becomes the second-coming of Corey Dillon for New England.

Blue Moon

19500 Potch
0 Soldiers
666 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Zona just has too many holes on the offensive line (5 of them). I knew James wasn't going to be a factor there because they didnt' have any push. They lost their only respectable lineman now though and they're trying to trade to the #2 slot to take a lineman now that won't even get them back to last year's level.

I'm just messing with you about the Chargers, holmes. If one of my friends says something like that, you gotta bring it back up before the next season. I felt obligated. haha ^_^

I'll never understand why the Bears like Cedric Benson. Thomas Jones is a great back. Congratulations to the Jets fans and my sympathies to anyone who likes the Bears.

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Reports from ESPN.COM has the Dolphins signing Joey Porter to a 5year/32million dollar contract with 20million guaranteed. Looks like they did what the Niners did with Nate Clements and didn't give Porter a chance to go on a tour of prospective teams. This signing pretty much should end the large contracts given out in the past 4-5 days. Everyone left in the free agency pool would be considered as low second-tier or third-tier free agents.

EDIT: strong reports that the Niners has filled another starting position on their defense with the signing of Patriots outside linebacker Tully Banta-Cain. With Porter out of the picture the Niner's had either Donnie Spragan or Tully as a cheaper replacement to go after. I like this signing. Banta-Cain knows the 3-4 system since it was one he played on in New England. This signing helps improves a front seven which has now gained Aubreyo Franklin at NT and which could still gain more talent with a player from the draft.

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sierra Mikain wrote:

I'll never understand why the Bears like Cedric Benson. Thomas Jones is a great back. Congratulations to the Jets fans and my sympathies to anyone who likes the Bears.

In this case, I'll take those sympathies.

I personally don't like Benson too much. And in spite of what Moon Knight said, I personally thought Jones was a pretty good back. He played consistent football. He's certainly not the kind of explosive player you see in Tomlinson, but I never saw any problems with Jones' performance.

Both of them were able to pick up yardage when they were used, but Benson was never the first man in (always used to relieve Jones) and sometimes he didn't see play at all. The trade doesn't make that much sense to me, but I guess somebody in Chicago sees more potential in Benson's game than I do.

I don't know, Chicago's real problems are in Rex Grossman's play calling and his arm, and in the defense playing inconsistently. Both Grossman and the Chicago defense are spectacular when they're playing well, but both of them played plenty of games last season where they couldn't seem to get a damn thing done. It's frustrating to watch... I guess I don't understand how Chicago plans to solve either of those issues by trading Jones.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Amyral

Windriders

544907 Potch
4066 Soldiers
620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, my team (KC) finally made the headlines for something this offseason.

Unfortunately, it's for asking Trent Green to redo his contract. Now I'm not the biggest Green fan, but this absolutely annoys me. Sure, he was knocked out (by a cheap shot, nonetheless) early in the season, but he's a Pro Bowl QB who has been consistent. Huard isn't and hasn't. With their offense as old as it is, this is not the smart thing to do. They need to be concentrating their draft and free agent season on repairing their geriatric line, or maybe even trying to get an actual receiving threat that isn't a TE. But apparently making ultimatums to your pro bowl QB is more important.

And my second favorite team (the Bills) haven't really done anything good this off-season either.
Sierra Mikain

Blue Moon

19500 Potch
0 Soldiers
666 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Latest and greatest news.

Dre Bly is asking for a trade out of Denver.

Don't you love it?

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The talk out of Washington and Denver is the Broncos asking for Ladell Betts in addition to swapping first-round picks and Denver putting either their second or third round pick. Some people may call this move to try and get Betts with Travis Henry already signed and Mike Bell still under contract but this has always been the Broncos' MO when it comes to stocking up on runningbacks.

Executors of Divine Providence

22038 Potch
0 Soldiers
5678 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sierra Mikain wrote:
Latest and greatest news.

Dre Bly is asking for a trade out of Denver.

Don't you love it?

Joel, that's another reason we should be glad that "Big Mouth" Bly is out of Detroit.

Sure, his talent warrants way more than we got for him, but his attitude has been a problem for a couple of years.

Happily Married to the Lovely Lady Chris Lightfellow! :D
Calvin

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

The talk out of Washington and Denver is the Broncos asking for Ladell Betts in addition to swapping first-round picks and Denver putting either their second or third round pick. Some people may call this move to try and get Betts with Travis Henry already signed and Mike Bell still under contract but this has always been the Broncos' MO when it comes to stocking up on runningbacks.

With Travis Henry signed, I don't think Washington will be able to swing a trade for Dre Bly by offering Betts. Haven't the Broncos stocked up on runningbacks more through the draft than through free agency? What's Dre Bly's deal anyways? If he wanted to be on a team that doesn't know what its doing, he should have stayed with Detroit.

The Cardinals also signed former Dallas Cowboys center Al Johnson. I don't know if the move will work out--Johnson has the potential, but he lost the job to Andre Gurode in Dallas because he was undersized and couldn't run block as effectively as Gurode could--which just so happens to be the offensive line's problem in Arizona. I guess we'll see. And before anyone goes thinking that they signed him to compete for the job, his salary pretty much dictates that he will be starting--he's got a 4 year, $17.5 million dollar deal. That's a pretty hefty deal for a player that never could hold on to the starting job in Dallas.

I've also heard that the Pats have tendered an offer to Donte Stallworth. Stallworth is a player that I really like--but the knock on him is he has a hard time staying healthy. I think he'd do well in New England.

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

Sierra Mikain

Blue Moon

19500 Potch
0 Soldiers
666 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

McGahee traded to the Ravens for 3 draft picks, 2 of which are this year. 3rd and 7th and a 3rd rounder next year. I like this for the Ravens, but I'm totally unsure what Buffalo is going to do on either side of the ball now. I hope they get some really great draft picks this year, they're gonna need them.

Dominic Rhodes goes from the best team to the worst team. I honestly can't fathom why the hell the Raiders want Rhodes. Don't they already have a slew of mediocre running backs? 2 years, 7.5 million. That's almost amazingly fair! egads!

Jamal Lewis signed with the Browns and an unbelievably loud "who the hell cares?" was heard around the US.

For all the crappy players in the free agent pool this year, I think it's been rather exciting watching the dollars fly.

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think even with all the money being thrown at the free agents this year, I don't think it'll affect teams who spent alot in next year's free agent class. I think next year we'll have teams such as the Redskins, Raiders, Titans and Ravens get closer to opening up more cap space to spend. With more and more teams having more space to spend on free agents I think the contracts will just continue to get higher with teams giving bigger guaranteed money to entice free agents.

Windriders

544907 Potch
4066 Soldiers
620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

And the first two casualties of Goodell's promised harsher penalties. Adam "Pacman" Jones has now been suspended for the season for his Las Vegas problems. Additionally, one of the bad news Bengals, Chris Henry, was suspended for 8 games. From what I've heard, the NFL players association may not fight the suspensions.

Personally, I'm glad Goodell is backing up his promises of stiffer penalties. Perhaps losing out on a season of money will give Pacman the reality check he has needed for a long time. For Chris Henry, his suspension seems to come despite the fact that his incident happened before the rules were in place. However, Goodell has every right to do whatever he thinks would be best for the NFL, and if the NFLPA isn't going to fight against it, he's going to make an early splash.
Kai Ver' Xion

The Ebon Elite

356999 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Amyral wrote:
And the first two casualties of Goodell's promised harsher penalties. Adam "Pacman" Jones has now been suspended for the season for his Las Vegas problems. Additionally, one of the bad news Bengals, Chris Henry, was suspended for 8 games. From what I've heard, the NFL players association may not fight the suspensions.

Personally, I'm glad Goodell is backing up his promises of stiffer penalties. Perhaps losing out on a season of money will give Pacman the reality check he has needed for a long time. For Chris Henry, his suspension seems to come despite the fact that his incident happened before the rules were in place. However, Goodell has every right to do whatever he thinks would be best for the NFL, and if the NFLPA isn't going to fight against it, he's going to make an early splash.

I completely agree. These guys are giving the NFL a really bad image. Its absolutely rediculas how many players got in trouble with the law last season. Hopefully this new stern policy Goodell has instated will really give these kind of players a smack in the face. It wouldn't just be a financial smack either. Pacman and Henry have to deal with their teammates as well. These guys have been selfish and don't realize that their actions truely effect the rest of their team. I know if I was on the Titans, I would have kirked out on Jones. Theres a real lack of CBs in the NFL and a plethera of good recievers. If the Titans end up as one of weaker pass defending teams, and losses come from this, the blame can completely fall on Pacman.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: