Suikoden Uncouth and Inspirational Keystone Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Say they made a Rhapsodia 2... Which game should it revolve around?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

If there were a Rhapsodia 2 what game should it revolve around?
Suikoden
15%
 15%  [ 7 ]
Suikoden 2
29%
 29%  [ 13 ]
Suikoden 3
18%
 18%  [ 8 ]
Suikoden 5
22%
 22%  [ 10 ]
Not related to any (Completely different storyline)
13%
 13%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 44

Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1137266 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've made it no secret that I'd love a Tactics-style game (I'd say any game, but it's a pipe dream to think it would be chronicled in the main series) based off the Succession Wars, so I'm sticking with that.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Island dweller

Archane watchmen

60038 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think its a little too late for konami to jump back ten years and make a tactical rpg of s1 or s3. being a brit i cant say about s3, s4 sucked and that really only leaves s5. I loved suikoden 5 i would love to see them make a great tactical out of it, i think there is room for other stories, like armes taking advantage of a weakened Falena, or maybe the Parliment idea blowing up in Lym's face, i mean that totaly happend to the UK all those centuries ago, i think there is room to play with, and i loved Falena, as long as Frey makes an appearence im happy.
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1137266 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I disagree. If anything, Konami has shown that the Suikoden series doesn't need to be told in a linear manner. Furthermore, Suikoden IV itself had elements which were based upon the original Suikoden, thus it's definitely possible that an event from that era could be the focus of a Tactics-style spotlight.

So, basically, I wouldn't say Konami's options are limited just because some of the source material is more than a decade old. Who knows, something like that could finally convince them to re-release Suikoden and Suikoden II, either in their original form, as a compilation disc like the Zelda collection on the Gamecube, or the PSP version.

If they do a good job on it, whatever it would be about, I'm all for it.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
CAPTAIN PLANET

Headstrong

317417 Potch
2460 Soldiers
500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I voted for Suikoden V. Considering they made Rhapsodia to further explain Suikoden IV's plot, it wouldn't make sense to explain more of Suikoden V's plot, because it's a very well-detailed game. But, it would be nice to see some things after the game's time period.
ard, save the dirty talk for when we meet!
Barbarossa Rugner

The Golden Mercenaries

5685455 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think it would make more sense to pick it up right after Suikoden 5, because it is fresh in our mindes, but i would rather see a Rhapsodia right after Suikoden 2. A Rhapsodia that focused on the Higheast Rebellion would be very exciting. I think there is endless potential there.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
Nameless Wanderer

Chuukekkonkoken

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It'd be so wonderful to see the entire Suikoden 5 cast (Well, the Prince and the Queen's Knights) in tactical rpg form. A Rhapsodia 2 would be uber cool to play if that's how it came out.

//Mahou Furyou Nagima! - Magister Nagi Magi//
Geddoe

Eyepatches of the Faith

397934 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I voted for 3. I want to know how it is that Geddoe got the True Lightning Rune and what kind of deal whomever it was cut with Harmonia so that Harmonia doesn't try to pry that rune out of his right hand.

Then again, if they want to make a game about one man's adventures, I'm dying to know about Georg Prime and how he ended up being one of the Six Great Generals. I think that would also tie in with the person who suggested that they use some aspect of Suikoden I.

Me myself, I don't have too many preferences for when it's set - all I want is a good game with good characters that tell a good story.

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My vote is for Suikoden 3. No doubt it was my favorite story of those I've seen and I liked all the landscapes. I wouldn't mind seeing those again.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
LordKratos

Seraphim Of Kooluk

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If you are going to make a strategy game out of Suikoden, why not base it on the best Suikoden in the series of course I'm talking about the best game ever Suikoden 2! Can you imagine Luca's unit that is not something you would want to go up against.
Scott

Demon King's Ambition

41 Potch
1150 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd personally like to see a spin off game based on Either III or V...

A prequel to III in which we get to see how Wyatt, the Fire Bringer, and Geddoe came upon their true runes could make for a bit of fun. Plus, I'd just enjoy seeing them younger. Not to mention we could see some old faces show up...

As for a Suiko V one...I'd like to see it deal with the Adventures of Georg Prince and Lyon after the war. I dunno which ending is considered Cannon, but I'd still love to see this one.

To relive those Halcyon days of youth
LordKratos

Seraphim Of Kooluk

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah a prequal to Suikoden 3 about the first Fire Bringer would be really awesome, and we would be able to see alot more of the past Flame Champion's past and see Wyatt and Geddoe back in there glory days. :)
Galt

De Ruyter

1723195 Potch
0 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Baz Von Steinitz wrote:

Specially to knw more about what happen on the High East and the High East Rebellion

That's basically exactly what I'd like to see myself.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I kind of think knowing more about the High East Rebellion would be boring, we already know the general plot, the allies and enemies and who comes out on top, if they made a game about it we'd be able to predict most of the events and characters involved, and it wouldn't be much fun, not in my eyes anyway.
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh a Higheast rebellion Rhapsodia would be the most in awsome. or somewhere in between Suikoden 3.

or turn the suiko Gaidens into Rhapsodia 2.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
retrospect.

Cosby You! Black Entertainer

102725 Potch
420 Soldiers
30 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

if it were to exist (please please god) i would want it to be parallel to 2-3. with nash as a major player. i could die happy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: