Suikoden Ugly and Inspirational Kosher Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden scripts.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bright Shield Rune bearer

:)

5591 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:50 pm    Post subject: Suikoden scripts. Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was wondering if anyobody knows wehere to find whole scripts of SII, SIII, SIV and SV.
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sorry, I don't. Suikosource has some memorable scenes if I remember correctly. Perhaps GameFAQs has something.

I wouldn't get my hopes up. Suikoden 2 had a lot of dialogue, Suikoden 3 as well. Suikoden 5 had an ungodly amount of dialogue, equivalent to a novel. Suikoden 1 and 4 were extremely light on dialogue, so I'd imagine those are the only games you'd ever have a remote chance of finding scripts for.

^Actual quote!
Fudozukushi

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081894 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

On GameFaqs

Suikoden I has a script.
Suikoden II has a summary.
Suikoden III has a Story Scenes Faq.
Suikoden IV doesn't have anything really.
Suikoden V has their script being worked on.
Admiral Ackbar

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

That'll take a lifetime!

^Actual quote!
Fudozukushi

1081894 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Coot wrote:
Quote:

That'll take a lifetime!

They're almost done actually. Just optional stuff is all that's left.
Admiral Ackbar

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The optional stuff is pretty much the majority, I would think. There's a hell of a lot of incidental dialogue in Suikoden 5.

Are they directly taking the script off the disc itself, like ripping it using a program like a hex reader? Or are they typing it all? The first option would explain it.

^Actual quote!
Fudozukushi

1081894 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Coot wrote:
The optional stuff is pretty much the majority, I would think. There's a hell of a lot of incidental dialogue in Suikoden 5.

Are they directly taking the script off the disc itself, like ripping it using a program like a hex reader? Or are they typing it all? The first option would explain it.

Hell if I know, the poster didn't elaborate on how they were doing it.

And yes they did post an excerpt of the script so it's true.
Luceit

Defender of Highland

371188 Potch
2170 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I tried writing the complete script for Luc's chapter...It took me more than double the time to finish writing all of it than to play it through and it took up a lot of pages on my exercise book. :roll:

However, if everyone focused on a few parts, the load could be lightened. So person A makes this choice; person B make this choice etc.

2127634 Potch
200 Soldiers
104 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have started the script for Suikoden III, but didn't get that far for obvious reasons ^^ I started Hugo's chapter though.

Defender of Highland

371188 Potch
2170 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I gave up half way...Perhaps, if I get a sudden dearth of RPGs to play again, I might go try it.

:)

5591 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have more than half of SII in my notebooks, but i was lazy to finish. Anyways, lot's of FF fans did write script of games, and I was wondering if there were any suiko freaks that would do the same. I guess i'm not that much of a fan, i just can't get myself infront of playstation to finish what i started.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've completed the script of Suikoden Tactics so I don't have to play through the game ever again just for information purposes. I decided against making it a section on the site but I have it on my PC.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Admiral Ackbar

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sounds perfect for Due Fiumi. Or are you scared of Konami telling you to remove it?

^Actual quote!
poorguy171

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm really glad to hear V has a script being worked on, and I hope we'll see scripts for the other games in the future (as John said, extremely useful for information purposes).

And John, if you don't want to put the Tactics script up on your site, you should at least submit it to GameFAQs!

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Coot wrote:
Sounds perfect for Due Fiumi. Or are you scared of Konami telling you to remove it?

I doubt Konami would care enough, or even know I exist. I just decided that it'd put pressure on me to someday do another game and I don't wanna!

Tactics was the easiest as all the town NPCs keep the same dialogue forever.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: