Suikoden Urgent and Irrational Karma Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Sovereign Rune
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
blueflame

Blue Rookies

294148 Potch
4022 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 am    Post subject: Sovereign Rune Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In the final battle with the three-headed dragon in Suikoden 1,if Barbarossa had this rune, why did runes still affect him. I mean when you fight him in the battle, you can still use runes or is the Sovereign rune only immune from poisons and stuff like that because I've never tried giving a status on the three headed dragon if it is possible?

Another question, is Windy that stupid to use the black rune on Barbarossa? I bet she knows that Barbarossa has the sovereign rune. Why didn't she even take it from him? Or even know that the black rune won't affect on Barbarossa?

If you say Windy loved Barbarossa, I doubt it. I bet she only used Barbarossa to get the Souleater. A True Rune is a True Rune right? So why does it even matter if Windy takes the Sovereign Rune or the Souleater? Her only objective is to get the 27 True Runes.
Fundertaker

Mountain Stallion Riders

336708 Potch
200 Soldiers
14 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
In the final battle with the three-headed dragon in Suikoden 1,if Barbarossa had this rune, why did runes still affect him

Gameplay purposes. Would you like to face him knowing that the only thing that could cause damage was attacks and Unites? Neither do I.

Quote:
Windy that stupid to use the black rune on Barbarossa?

I bet she didn't, but she didn't need to. As you said, she didn't really loved Barbarossa, but she resembled (like, "twins" resembling) Barabarossa's wife who had died, and that was enough reason for him to remember how much he loved his wife and would do anything to have her back, even in the form of another woman. Windy took advantage of that (was it intentional or unintentional? I can't remember right now).

Quote:
So why does it even matter if Windy takes the Sovereign Rune or the Souleater?

For all her history, Windy thought she was perfect for the Rune of Life and Death so in her case, it did matter, the Sovereign Rune wasn't her objective (she didn't want to rule over a country really).

Quote:
Her only objective is to get the 27 True Runes.

Is it? What would she do with all 27 when she just knows how to put 2 in her body?

This post is officially Fundertaker Approved
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As it turned out, Windy was wrong about the whole "Looking like Claudia so that's why he's fascinated by her" angle. Although it was the case at first, it seems Barbarossa genuinely fell in love with the psycho, making him an idiot. But a romantic one.

Also, Windy only wanted the Rune of Life and Death.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Rune of Corruption

Ficky Ficky Frog Eyed Frustrated Fools

2319 Potch
0 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:29 am    Post subject: Re: Sovereign Rune Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

blueflame wrote:
In the final battle with the three-headed dragon in Suikoden 1,if Barbarossa had this rune, why did runes still affect him. I mean when you fight him in the battle, you can still use runes or is the Sovereign rune only immune from poisons and stuff like that because I've never tried giving a status on the three headed dragon if it is possible?

Another question, is Windy that stupid to use the black rune on Barbarossa? I bet she knows that Barbarossa has the sovereign rune. Why didn't she even take it from him? Or even know that the black rune won't affect on Barbarossa?

If you say Windy loved Barbarossa, I doubt it. I bet she only used Barbarossa to get the Souleater. A True Rune is a True Rune right? So why does it even matter if Windy takes the Sovereign Rune or the Souleater? Her only objective is to get the 27 True Runes.

Technically he doesn't bear the rune within himself but rather it is embedded on his sword. He used the rune to turn into the dragon but since he doesn't bear the rune he doesn't get the full power of the rune.

Windy isn't all knowing. She most likely used the rune on him without knowledge of the Sovereign Rune ability to negate all runic magic.

Windy only wanted the Soul Eater rune which is why she passed up on the Bluemoon Rune, the Night Rune, the Eight Fold Rune ( as if she could have got it!), and the Rune of Punishment ( if you can count that one.)
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What would Windy do with all the 27 true runes?(was that really her true objective?)
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought her objective was to seek revenge on Harmonia for destroying her village. Her objective was to get the Soul Eater, and finally have her revenge.

And if I remember correctly, she did indeed think Barbarossa was under her spell of the black rune, but she finds out at the very end that he did it all for love.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Barbarosa did fall in love with Windy. Did Windy return his feelings? Probably, in some small way. Otherwise she wouldn't have let him hold her close, then jump off a tall balcony with him. At the end they shared a kind of understanding of one another.

Windy wanted the Soul Eater, specifically. Her main goal is/was to strike back at Harmonia for killing the Clan of the Gate (only Windy and Leknaat survived). I'm sure she wouldn't have passed down another True Rune though. She razed Bob's lycantrhope village in the Grasslands because she thought she'd find a True Rune there.

The Sovereign Rune wouldn't have been available to her though, since Barbarosa likely kept it by his side at all times. And if she were to steal away the Sovereign Rune, she would lose the support of the Scarlet Moon Empire generals and citizens, who she probably needed (you can't fight Harmonia with just True Runes). Additionally, Leknaat wouldn't give up her half of the Gate Rune without a substantial fight, and the Star Dragon Sword was hidden away.

Neclord and Yuber possessed True Runes at the time, but those two also worked for Windy. She may have felt that both the Eightfold and Blue Moon Runes were bad choices for her to bear. If she were to take the Blue Moon Rune, she would be a vampire, after all.

And like Fundertaker said, Windy felt she was perfect for the Soul Eater. In the scene where she tried taking it from Tir at Seek Valley, she spoke directly at the rune itself, angry over why it refused to let her bear it. She couldn't understand why the Soul Eater would refuse her.

^Actual quote!
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Harmonia destroyed the rune gate clans village...Does Luc or Sasarai had something to do with that? Or was it the original Hikusaak who did that?And why?
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Luc and Sassari weren't alive when it happened. The village was destroyed hundreds and hundreds of years before Suikoden I. They did because they wanted the Gate Rune, which was the treasure of the village. They slaughtered the entire village, but Leknaat and Windy managed to escape. The also 'split' the gate rune in half using some secret technique known only to their village. So if one of them was captured, they wouldn't have the whole rune.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Admiral Ackbar

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Unknown who was involved, but I doubt Luc or Sasarai were. It happened centuries before Suikoden 1.

We used to think Sasarai was really old, or at least was a clone of an older Sasarai, because it was originally said that Sasarai gave the Beast Rune to Highland so many years ago. But the Suikoden developers admitted this was a typo on their part; it was supposed to be Hikusaak that gave the rune to Highland.

Sasarai and Luc are clones of Hikusaak. There may have been other clones just like them in the past (its a good possibility) but I doubt they'd be named Luc and Sasarai, and they wouldn't be the same people as the two characters we know now.

^Actual quote!
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Windy held specific feelings for the Soul Eater, she felt, in her own words that it was "perfect" for her, although she realised this wasn't to be when the Soul Eater rejected her when she tried to take it from Tir. It's pretty obvious as to why it rejected her as well, the Soul Eater needs loved ones, Windy didn't really have any, although it's possible Barbarossa could fill one of those slots.

I also think it is because of gameplay purposes that runes were able to harm Barbarossa in his Hyrda form, and also that perhaps while in his transformed state he also needs to use magic so this part of the rune is disabled. That's just one of a few possible (but probably the most likely) views.
Admiral Ackbar

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually, the hydra is immune to magic. Each head is immune to a certain element. That's representative of the rune, I feel.

^Actual quote!
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Broke out the handy dandy Time Line of our very own SuikoX. Suikoden I- Tir took over as head of the Liberation Army and started the Gate Rune Wars, in 455.

Harmonia destroyed the Gate Rune Clan in year 50. So 405 year time difference. Harmonia had only been in exsistance for around 50 years.

Another neat fact, Sierra Mikain is the oldest known living person in Suikoden history. Being around 850 years old when she joined the Dunan Army to help defeat Neclord. She looked pretty hard good for her age!

Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Damn with all that significant information, I´d say screw New Armes, screw Katana I want more of Harmonia in the next game. For me you really experienced nothing about that kingdom in part 3. Besides you never really were in a Harmonian city.(except for that basar)

Hey thanks for the information that´s really interesting.
Raww Le Klueze

56792 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:19 am    Post subject: Re: Sovereign Rune Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

blueflame wrote:
In the final battle with the three-headed dragon in Suikoden 1,if Barbarossa had this rune, why did runes still affect him

Play the game again, each head is immune to an element.

Quote:
Another question, is Windy that stupid to use the black rune on Barbarossa? I bet she knows that Barbarossa has the sovereign rune.

Even if she knew, which there's really no evidence of, there's no evidence anywhere that she knows what it does or how it works. Evidence is actually pointing to that as she didn't even realize how the Soul Eater works and that's the rune she's been chasing for 300 years.

Quote:
Why didn't she even take it from him?

Cause she doesn't want it?

Quote:
So why does it even matter if Windy takes the Sovereign Rune or the Souleater?

Cause she only wants the Soul Eater obviously. We have no idea what techniques were employed for her to be able to use 2 True Runes, for all we know it would only work with the Soul Eater.

Quote:
Her only objective is to get the 27 True Runes.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: if you start making shit up about the games on your own then it's no wonder things don't make sense to you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: