Suikoden Utopian and Informational Kriegspiel Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Viktor: the hero behind the hero
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cyrano

the vengeful lynx

126422 Potch
23 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:21 pm    Post subject: Viktor: the hero behind the hero Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That'S right, Viktor-the bear- is always there in suikoden.... wether in person or by reminder. i think this guys is also a trademark of konami,

tough he is not here personally in suikodne III and IV there are still reminder of him like the star dragon sword and edge( which is a close? friend) and ...SCholtenheim Reinbach!!!! hahaahaa (i love this name!!)

but whatever, i'll get to the point now. don't you think Viktor should make another appearance in suikoden? i mean when he is phisicaly there, he is always cheering the hero, he is always the one that gives knowledge to hero and helps him to make up his mind. he always act like a crude guys except when situation are critical and necesities ask him to be serious ( he sooooooo cool!!)

I love that kind of character, but he is the one that impressed me the most.

so i ask you, do you think this would be a good idea to re-include Viktor ine the suikoden serie? one way or another? how do you think he COULD be re-introduced?

i'm eager to see what you all will be answering.
Zaj I mean Mike

I just sell weapons

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If Viktor was to apear again he would most likley be an old man that shows you where the Zodiac sword is. Or he may be like Maximillian but he will never fight agian.

CLERKS
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I personally don't think that it'd be a good idea to put Viktor in any future Suikoden game. His main story had always been a fighter/mercenary that had grudge against Neclord (hence, also related to Star Dragon Sword), and that story had finished. So there would be no good reason for him to appear in any other Suikoden games without diminishing his role in Suikoden series. Putting him in a future Suikoden game with no good reason would only damage the image we have of him. In the end, I'd rather us to not see Viktor anymore, his story was over, and it should be left like that.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's one thing I love about Suiko. They know when to stop. Clive and Viktor were two of the coolest characters, but with their storys over, there's no need for them to return. Now, I'd love to see Sierra return, there's still tons we can get out of her. And you were kind of left to wonder regarding Futch and Sharon. I hope those two return. Maybe another appearance by Chris or Geddoe would fit, but Hugo definitely can't come back without destroying his role. Hopefully we won't see Apple again, as much as I love the girl, her story is DONE. i'd also like to see a bit more of Edge, gamers with little knowledge of his story would have no clue what was going on (thank god I'm not in that boat anymore.) But I think reviving characters like Flik and Viktor would only taint our image of them, and maybe even disrespect what they once were.

In conclusion, I hope that no characters from the first two games (With the exception of Pesmerga and Yuber) show up again. As much as I love most of them, it's simply time to put them to bed.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Neclord

The Spectral Nightmares

163602 Potch
2 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Scarlet assassin wrote:

In conclusion, I hope that no characters from the first two games (With the exception of Pesmerga and Yuber) show up again. As much as I love most of them, it's simply time to put them to bed.

Uh time to put them to bed? So many of the characters from I & II have such a big part in the Suikoden world, and have largely unfinished storylines.

One of the best parts of Suikoden sequals is the returning favorites, the movers and shakers of the Suikoden world. It would be foolish to never include any of them again and simply make all new ones.

I agree Flik and Viktor probably shouldn't return for the simple reason as to retain our heroic image of them, but everyone else as well?, that would be horrible, gastly, a nightmare! Heck if that is what you want stick to Final Fantasy

You must not fear death, my lads; defy him, and you drive him into the enemy's ranks.
~ Napoleon Bonaparte
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Though it was painful and a great shame to think that there were so few returning characters in suikoden three... I would think that Viktor should not return... some reasons might have already been said, but the game might just kill the character, make him boring and too common... just always there like a new song being played on the radio and TV all the time, it just gets annoying... The fact that Viktor has got his revenge and ended his own quest against Neclord, means that he has finished the game, or his game is now finished... the only reason I can see Viktor coming back, is if for some reason he joins yo in suikoden five or whatever in the future, and is looking for a lost family member that also escaped from Neclords wrath... other than that nothing good may seem to be in store for him...

I am rather glad that the suikoden games know when to stop characters from coming back again and again, this way, YOU can go back and play the old suikoden games hahaha...

JNX out
sanosukeii

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd love to see him in a new Suikoden history book.
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I hope Viktor is part of the game in SUIKODEN 5
Solitude

Fallen Angels

495 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

sanosukeii wrote:

I'd love to see him in a new Suikoden history book.

Haha having an Old Book dedicated to Victor would be fun. As much of my views on Victor returning has already been stated above I won't really go into it to much. Basically I agree that he does not need to come back and that we shouldn't risk tarnishing the legend.

However a character I would like to see come back is Mike from Suikoden III. But not as a good guy. I would like to see him come back as an enemy that you have to fight. Like an Ain Guid type of villian in Suikoden I...only with more story to him. Yeah they need to explain his black hooded fan club.
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If Viktor were to return, I hope that he would be used as an NPC instead. Say for example the story took place around when he was 50-60 years old, and he was just enjoying his retirement days in a small village (with or without Flik, not too important). If a better effect wanted to be achieved, Konami could make the villain ended up killing Viktor somehow (preferably not a silly death, but either a noble one to save his characteristic or a cheap death to get us pumped up about the villain).

I think we need Viktor to die as a full closure if he were to make an appearance in future Suikoden game.

06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
I think we need Viktor to die as a full closure if he were to make an appearance in future Suikoden game.

No. We don't need to see him, we can just imagine that he's off with Flik and they've finally put away their swords and are just enjoying being crazy old men.

Quote:
Uh time to put them to bed? So many of the characters from I & II have such a big part in the Suikoden world, and have largely unfinished storylines.

What character from S1 or S2 has an unfinished storyline and needs to return to end it?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
No. We don't need to see him, we can just imagine that he's off with Flik and they've finally put away their swords and are just enjoying being crazy old men.

I'll emphasize once again. "if he were to make an appearance in future Suikoden game" Meaning that as mentioned before, I don't feel the need to see Fliktor in future Suikoden games. But if they were in the game, I would prefer to see them dead, which IMO would be the fitting full closure on their story.

Quote:
What character from S1 or S2 has an unfinished storyline and needs to return to end it?

Lots of them. We don't even get to know much about Millie. Killey and Lorelai as Sindar treasure hunters (Killey's tribe was mysterious, and I want to see Lorelai actually found the treasure or something). Rikimaru was talking about his revenge on someone, we didn't get to know much about that. Pesmerga of course is still as mysterious as he had always been. Jeane and Viki as always. Joshua, just to explain what happened that Milia ended up the new leader of the Dragon Knights. Crowley and Mazus on whether they dueled again or not, and whether they managed to achieve their goal (of obtaining great magic without True Runes) or not. Fuma, he declined the offer to join Rokkaku Hamlet Ninjas, so what happened to him? And maybe even more characters from S1 or S2 that I simply cannot remember right now.

06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
We don't even get to know much about Millie.

As far as I know, she had no story. She was just some random girl who turned out to be a star of Destiny.

Quote:
Killey and Lorelai as Sindar treasure hunters

Okay, I can agree with that. I would like to see hwat happened.

Quote:
Rikimaru was talking about his revenge on someone, we didn't get to know much about that.

He wasn't an important character, the only continuation they've done with this sort of thing is Clive. (Unless I'm overlooking something)

Quote:
Pesmerga of course is still as mysterious as he had always been.

I already said that Pesmerga was an exception.

Quote:
Jeane and Viki as always

We all know that they aren't going away.

Quote:
Joshua, just to explain what happened that Milia ended up the new leader of the Dragon Knights.

Seeing as how we're already on Sharon, I doubt we're goign to be getting any explanation of what happened there. Better to just forget about it.

Quote:
Crowley and Mazus on whether they dueled again or not, and whether they managed to achieve their goal (of obtaining great magic without True Runes) or not

If they did, don't you think we'd know about it?

Quote:
Fuma, he declined the offer to join Rokkaku Hamlet Ninjas

You can ask SARS about this, but according to what I've read, Fuma was just a different color version of Kage, and thus has no real story of importance.

With the exception of Joshua, these characters are all lost in the big picture. You have to look at the MAIN, INFLUENTIAL characters if you're looking for those who might return.

Horned Loa

Guardians of the Merchant

96000 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You all seem to be either dead set against or for Viktor returning. I feel that Viktor can be made an extremely good character in a returning game ONLY IF the timeline and the situation allow for it.

What I mean by this is that if a game came a few years PRIOR to the Gate Rune Wars where Viktor would still be chasing Neclord and possibly his minions, not to mention fighting alongside Odessa and her then husband (and for those of you that didn't know its not Flik) OR they could go a few more years into the past and show how Neclord destroyed his village or the Kaleeka incident and so fourth. The problem in this situation is that he would be nowhere near as strong as he is now and thus many wouldn't think of him as a really useful character. Perhaps another Bear like figure would be there as one of the stars, Viktor's mentor perhaps? Someone who Viktor eventually aspires to be like.....or they could make it comical and make the mentor a really agile and precise guy heh.

The SECOND alternative is to fast forward anywhere from a month to a maximum of about 10 years after the Dunan Unification Wars where Viktor would HAVE to fight due to the circumstances he is in. I mean if he is in the middle of a war and everything and everyone around him is affected he'd surely have to fight and you'd also get Flik in this scenario as the two did go together once again I believe. This would be a really good scenario in my opinion as they could be located anywhere unlike the previous version which would have to be in the Scarlet Moon era.

The THIRD alternative is to use that little bit of a time gap between Suikoden I and II and get into the whole Tinto, South-Window, Toran war that was going on at the time, not to mention that they could include the three times that Viktor and Flik crossed the dessert between the regions heh.

The FINAL alternative I can think of is the one where he is just too old to fight and can be either an NPC or one of those 108 Stars that just sits around doing nothing like Jess for example.

Well these are the ones I can come up with but there are probably others that could be made good but with such a huge timeline I'm not sure Konami will stick to the Dunan Unification, Gate Wars era, but then again, anything is possible.
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
As far as I know, she had no story. She was just some random girl who turned out to be a star of Destiny.

While she had no explicitly laid out story, the fact that she wore that kind of clothing while hanging out in Ryube, and the mystery of Bonaparte, it was certainly enough for us to want to know more about her. Jeane and Viki didn't really have much story anyway, but yet you didn't seem to mind about them returning on every game.

Quote:
He wasn't an important character, the only continuation they've done with this sort of thing is Clive. (Unless I'm overlooking something)

Well your question never asked for "important" characters.

Quote:
Seeing as how we're already on Sharon, I doubt we're goign to be getting any explanation of what happened there. Better to just forget about it.

It's irrelevant whether we got Sharon or not because we don't know yet what the timeline for the next Suikoden game is. So if it is going to be 2 years after Suikoden II, then Sharon won't be playing much of a role, would she? You're really limiting things way too easily.

Quote:
If they did, don't you think we'd know about it?

No, because there's too much information in Suikoden World. So it's almost impossible to put such information out of nowhere without putting the characters in the game themselves.

Quote:
With the exception of Joshua, these characters are all lost in the big picture. You have to look at the MAIN, INFLUENTIAL characters if you're looking for those who might return.

Why limit yourself into the main influential characters only? Clive was not a main character, yet he was a good returning character. Hix and Tengaar weren't main characters, yet they made good returning characters. Jeane and Viki weren't exactly main characters either, yet they made good returning characters. You even exclude Pesmerga, but guess what, he was not a main character.

06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: