Suikoden United and Irrational Kriegspiel Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Which character design did you like?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:23 am    Post subject: Which character design did you like? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For me its

Suikogaiden- The designs is cool and clean!
Suikoden III- The designs here again is cool and clean and nice coloring I really liked it very much.
Suikoden IV- Character designs in this game is awesome!
Benit149

Covenant of Cuchulainn

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Design-wise, I liked the following characters.

Suikoden I: Pesmerga, with the dark armor and almost commanding structure. Though I wish he could ditch the yellow cape for something darker, like navy blue or a deep green because it clashes against his black armor. This applies to his Suikoden II appearance as well.

Suikoden II: Seed, since the design of his coat is unique. The red crosses don't blend with his red hair, and the white manages to separate them enough so they don't clash. Luca Blight also ranks up there with his wolfish facial features and silver armor. I don't know how Konami gave Luca a blue cape, since he doesn't wear blue anywhere else, but somehow it works.

Suikoden III: Albert, again with the coat thing but it's very neutral-looking with the white and gray, adding to his objective personality. I was quite perplexed by the raspberry color of his hair, though most fanart I have stored in my HD has him with red hair like Caesar's.

Suikoden IV: -Kika. Her hair is a nice sandy brown that's rare to achieve, and I liked how her black pants were just low enough to make her sexy AND decent at the same time. The tattoo on her lower back is interesting, topped with the bone-like necklace she has. I was surprised by how deep her voice was, though.

Benit149: First Lady of Addervon, Princess of Slight Fever, defender of the Nameless.
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm gonna go with Flik from Suiko 2. His whole outfit was awesome.

But the absolute coolest character design in SUikoden goes to Luc in Suiko 3. That outfit was just a hodge podge of things and he somehow pulled it off. I've never seen someone look so cool while wearing a goofy mask and forest green.

(Granted I've never seen someone else wear a goofy mask and forest green, but just the same, they wouldn't look as cool as Luc did.)

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Child of The Sea God

188289 Potch
2671 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden IV: Jeane, she had a nice outfit. It looked like she had good character development in looks. Probably one of the best female character designs in all of the Suikoden series, if not the best.
Vincent Chase

1st H.A.C - Spread Your Love

314554 Potch
0 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden II:

Meg and Viktor.

Meg is so cute, like a child in a lady's body, and I love her hair and skirt.

Viktor just looks like a beast. Flik looks pretty good too, but too 'pretty' when compared to Viktor.

Suikoden III:

Albert, Hugo and Sarah

Albert because as someone mentioned, that coat is D-A-N-G-E-R-O-U-S, and he remains very mysterious and neutral throughout the game, unlike any of his friends.

What can't you like about Hugo? bright colors, a dagger, dark skin with blue eyes (?) and...and, MC Hammer parachute pants. I love it, and I played his chapters in SIII first because he was the coolest looking of the three mains.

What I like about Sarah is that she gives beatings, and gets beatings, but she never has any dirt on her nice blue and white dress, and there is never a hair out of place on her head.
Arcana

The Engineers

190546 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Hot Ice wrote:
What I like about Sarah is that she gives beatings, and gets beatings, but she never has any dirt on her nice blue and white dress, and there is never a hair out of place on her head.

Name the last time you saw a video game that modified the character's costumes based on how much damage they gave or received. :)

In fact, name the last time you saw a Japanese RPG that actually involved basic things like changing the visual appearance of a character's armour or something like that. The best I can think of is games that allow you to unlock secret costumes.

I don't believe the PS2 is powerful enough to model hairs being out of place, or ripped sleeves, or notches in a sword that increase as you get into more battles. The other problem of course is that someone has to DRAW all of these things, and it's difficult to fake it all the time.

Back to topic.

I do have this little crush on Sarah. Oh man what a babe Err, Sarah looks nice. And her pale hair and fair skin... it's just... so... really reallyhot extremely fascinating.

In general, the Suikoden art took a nice upturn going from Suikoden I to Suikoden II/III. However I know that many people found the art in II and III to be much cleaner and more detailed, but also more... well, it kind of went from this weird stylish watercolour art to a very generic CG-ed anime cell look. I personally prefer the generic CG-ed Anime cell look myself. However I also haven't played S4 yet and cannot comment on how those characters look; I believe the S1 artist and the S4 artist are the same. (Can anyone deny or confirm?)
Excalibur1027

The Dark Ones Own Luck

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
15000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden I

Tir McDohl (my favorite character in the series. I love everything about, everything from the green bandana to the goofy toe shoes, it's all good) Gremio, Cleo, and Valeria.

Suikoden II

Viktor, Flik, Sierra, Millie, Meg, Viki, Futch, Humphrey, Killey, Lorelai, Ridley, Shin, and Sasarai.

Suikoden III

Lucia, Geddoe, Nash, Albert (the coat just plain rocks), Sarah, and Luc (without the mask preferably, but I don't think it's as bad as people make it out to be).

Suikoden IV

Kika, Troy, Colton, Paula, Jeane, Viki, Mitsuba, and of course Ted.

The Spectral Nightmares

163602 Potch
2 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Arcana wrote:
I personally prefer the generic CG-ed Anime cell look myself. However I also haven't played S4 yet and cannot comment on how those characters look; I believe the S1 artist and the S4 artist are the same. (Can anyone deny or confirm?)

Um, Confirmed, at least i'm 99% sure it's the same artist. I have played Suikoden IV and the art is better than 1, but still not as good.

I think it was a big mistake going back to that artist, I too prefer the 'CG-ed Anime cell look' much much better.

You must not fear death, my lads; defy him, and you drive him into the enemy's ranks.
~ Napoleon Bonaparte
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I got quite a few...

Kage from suikode one... he was an AWESOME looking ninja... I like the colour mix using purple and black... he looks great in the game... but looked wierd when I saw his entire portrait... but anyway, yeah Kage looked like a bad ass ninja in suikoden one...

Hanzo from suikoden one... even though you don't get to use or recruit Hanzo the leader of the ninjas... you still get to see his portrait and him... he, like Kage, has an awesome mix of colours... though his colours are a bit too bright, he still had an awesome portrait, and looked great in suikoden one...

Yuber from suikoden two... of course this guy was going to be mentioned... he is the greatest character design I have ever seen... or that's what I like to think anyway, even though I have seen thousands of designs but meh... he has that greatly designed black armour smooth in most parts with a single spike coming out of his pauldrens, his leg guard shields are simple and smooth, black and well designde, his boots are not too bad, sharp and knight like... his helmet was a great design, covering the top half for mysteriousness, also with devil like horns coming out of the top... his helmet is not fully on, cause if he were to pull down the part covering his eyes, you would see that he has a medievel helmet... the colours are a great... no the greatest mix... black and red, with small hints of dark green on his clothings underneath... his long hair was rather anime like.... okay I think I have said enough...

Pesmerga from suikoden two... he looked good also, black armour,black hair... I thought everything or almost everything about his deisng was good... until I saw his yellow cape... but aside from the colour, he was overall a great design...

Luca Blight from suikoden two... Luca blight was the second greatest character design to me... he had an evil face, a anime vilain face... he also reminds me of bradon heat from gungrave... his great armour, his great colours... a great design...

there are more... but I will post them after... I am a little bit tired right now hehehe...

JNX out
mishia

Arcania Orion

109 Potch
89 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden
Tir *of course* and Gremio
Suikoden II
Sierra, Filk, Futch, Meg, Viki and Luc
Suikoden III
Nash, Luc, Yuber! and Hugo. I like the hair~
Suikoden IV
Hero *yes, I like the cute shorts and badana*, Troy, Kika, Rita and the mermaids.

I liked the artwork from Suikoden IV. Well yup, that's it. I didn't quite like Yuber with so much armor so the swtich in wardrobe was a good move, in my opinion.
Chris McDohl

Chris

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tir,Gremio,Pahn,Cleo,Jeane hehehehhee Ted is a bit ok

Riou Jowy Nanami Flik Viktor Luca Seed Culgan Solon Jhee

Geddoe(because of the chain mail), Flame Champ(not Hugo),the PE instructor (hahahah the one you'll see on the plains near Budehuc hahahhhahahhahahah

S4 hero(too modern) , Jeane, Jeremy, Troy, the mermaids
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay, as I said, I am back to post some more in my mind hehehe.... let me egin...

Pahn from suikoden one... who DOESN'T like this guy... sure he has his faults and does bad things which I will not say as it is a spoiler... but he's a cool character, strong and all... not thye best but still... his rune makse me laugh the way he boars people up... also, he looks almost exactly like evil Ryu from the street Fighter series... yeah a red version hahaha... he also takes on a strong person in a duel, to save your life... oh wait, his head band is common, his armour o body clothing isn't bad, still looks good, he has some ok medium baggy pants... yeah everythin seems fine... or is it? NO his portrait is not fine... what happened to his jaw? lol other than that he is a great design...

Camus from suikoden two is another great design... what I am about to say also goes for Miklotov, Alen and Grenseal from suikoden one and suikoden two... they all look the part when it comes to strength and loyalty, they all have a sort of colour code as well... like ones a blue knight, he's a red knight, green knight and so on... their faces don't seem messed up that much in their portraits... and overall... they look decent in design wise...

Seed from suikoden two is a great design... his cloths are unique and rather cool hahaha, his hari style is great, like an anime style hair... also making it red, looking like a small blaze of fire hehehe, his face reminds me of Luca Blight, and overal, his design is good...

Flik from suikoden two... Flik in suikoden two looks like a main character... he is in complete blue and some brown and yellow parts may show... his bandana is cool... notice that in quite a few games the main hero wears a bandana... Tir in suikoden one, Serge in Chrono Cross... anyway, Flik wears one and it looks good hahaha... his armour and all looks fine, his cape was a fine addition... overall fine... no wait, overall good design...

Tir Mcdohl from suikoden two... yeah, I am trying to avoid the suikoden one Tir Mcdohl simply because of the ugly portrait lol anyway, the rebelious design works fine the colours match well instead of making him look like a fairy or a gypsy or something, his face here does seem a little wierd... but still overall he is a well designed character... yeah...

that's another few from me today... maybe I will return with more later...

JNX out
Felipe

Intelligent Turtle

584845 Potch
1200 Soldiers
500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like Albert,that coat is like a light version of the Matrix one. :mrgreen:

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Here are a few others...

Kwanda from suikoden one, his armour is rather cool and looks like a big mans armour... the type that uses a greatsword or a giant halbard or something... asically, his armour makes him look rather stronge even though size does not judge strength and all... a greta character design...

Another good character deign is Joshua of the dragon knights... his portrait don't look as bad as most others... and his armour looks cool and all... not too big and not too small... strong and fast... that's the looks it gives out hahaha...

Crowley from suikoden one... I don't know why this simply design is in my good side, but it just is... he is a simplistic and effective character design that gives off the mysterious message very well, his portrait too shows some signs of great power and secrecy... enough said, great character design here...

Teo Mcdohl... I think that the reasons have already been mentioned somewhere...

JNX out
Kohaku

Red Veil

309182 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Let's see...

Suikoden I -
-Kraze...well I just find that the design and potrait was hilariously funny, and he remind me of some typical villain from Disney cartoon.
-Ted...his smile in his S1 design is bright... I like it a lot than his potrait in S4, where he had a sad expression. He looks like a nice boy next door...he had standard design though....

Suikoden II -
-Luca Blight of course, the artist really suceed in making his expression. The set of armor is nice too, made him look very superior.
-Culgan, I like his winged coat, even though some people told me that culgan's coat design is a bit corny. Bah, I think it's cool and the color fit him well.
-Plus Seed and Pesmerga for the same cliche reason, they look cool.

Suikoden III-
-Sarah, while I remember falling in love with her the first time I see her, her design is also pretty nice. I really like the dress design, and the blue-white combination for it comes out really good.
-Yuber, the chinese-style coat really fit him I think, as he comes out very exotic (well, at least to me) plus the hat, he remind me of actor from old hongkong movie that took place in early Shanghai.
-I also like Albert. His coat design is pretty unique and it's very cool looking. Combined with Albert's expressionless face, make the result very awesome.
-Nash is also better than he was in Suikogaiden. The coat remains the same, but his expression become a lot mature, he doen't look anymore like a bishounen

Suikogaiden-
-Sierra, the dress is just adorable, not to mention that this pale vampiress is very beautiful. The blue scarf make them a very nice combination. My brother told me that her dress is just like a sleeping dress, but hell with that.
-Elza, for the combination of beauty and brutality (the brutal part come from her scar) but still she's a very beautiful woman and her dress is very nice (the one after she open her coat)

Suikoden 4-
Haven't really look for it but I like Kika and Flare. Their design is pretty standard but it comes out very well. I also like Amaria (do I spell it right? the kogal girl)design, comes out a little erotic but not disgusting, and Mizuki's minimalist's clothes really fit her well.

Enjoy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: