Suikoden Uncouth and Informational Kriegspiel Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The Fashion Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Schala-Kid

Sol Incorruptible

68845 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:46 am    Post subject: The Fashion Thread Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is The fashion thread

of course, you could be one of those people who say they don't follow fashion, but fine then, you've got a style. If you say you didn't, you'd be wearing a sack of potatoes as clothes.

so what's this thread for? Anything to do with Fashion, Style, Clothes, Accessories, Adorning yourslef and making yourself pretty with stuff you put on (as opposed to beautifying yourself with makeup and hairdressing)

Is there a top you like? did you buy something really special? do you need help picking something? stuck in a fashion rut? wanna talk about your fave designers or brands, or something you picked up at a thrift store, or some big sale, or the fashion shows and big designer labers. Want to talk about trends, fads, fashion history, socks, scarves, dresses, pants, ties, shirts, colors, fabrics, layers, prints, what's in your wardrobe, your favorite item, your style, your likes and dislikes, what you like to see other people wear....

anything. Anything at all, if it has to do with Fashion, put it here, kick back, and enjoy the beauty, the best, and the horrors, and the worst.
Fu Su Lu

Hungry Drunken TigerMen

569802 Potch
3084 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Not to be a male chouvinist, but it looks a thread for girls and women.
Anyway my this month banner is driving me to post :*laugh*:

For some years, jeans have been mega out (at least in my country), but last year, its freaking madness with them again. And I mean women and men. All colours and styles. I like using jeans sometimes, they fit me fine. 8-) :*laugh*:

What I hate, people using too much -too much- tighted jeans and well, lets say the result is a terrible remarking of their fatty behind... :x :*laugh*:
Schala-Kid

Sol Incorruptible

68845 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Fu Su Lu, that's the kind of thinking that i'm trying to discourage. If a guy gives a damn about the clothes he wears, it doesn't mean he's effeminate or shouldn't call into question his sexuality. even the most anti-fashion person still has clothes he would refuse to wear, so it'd be nice to see where everyone is here on the suikox forum, how much they like or dislike fashion, and so on. it goes beyong the "my style" thread, because of the broad range of discussion, not just how you dress yourself, but things you're looking at, things you want, things you hate... so on.

Right now, I need a belt. I want a skinny belt, but I don't want a cheap quality one. I want a nice leather one, black, and I want it to be skinny. I want it to be affordable, and very damn sexy (well, as sexy as a belt can be, but that's a whole other can of worms).
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Here's a simple question about fashion that I've wondered for years: Why do Fashion magazines always have such ridiculous prices? I've flipped through them from time to time at the doctor's office and the like and it's always mystified me. Who buys shoes that run in the hundreds (hundreds!) of dollars? Who can afford a thousand dollar dress or bag? Certainly not me. I get that some magazines (Vogue) are meant for "couture" fashion and rich people who can afford to throw their money away on the big brand name items, but it gets a bit ridiculous flipping through a magazine that claims to be there to a "shopping guide for every woman!" and finding page after page of camisole tops that cost $100 or more and dresses into the $500 or more range. Do most women in their twenties truly spend so much on clothes? I couldn't imagine putting down a thousand dollars on a dress.

It's boggled me for years. There are lots of stores that aim towards the young person's market of late teens to early twenties - Old Navy, Urban Outfitters, the Gap, etc. - but the magazines never seem to cover stuff like that. Although admittedly I find them wastes to read so I don't really look through them that much - just when bored at the doctor's office or the hair dressers where it's between that and Better Homes and Gardens, so perhaps I just keep picking up the wrong issues. 0.o But...it's a lot of years of noticing that trend if I keep picking up the wrong issues.

As far as the clothes themselves go, anyone else find themselves gravitating towards one kind of thing in particular when they look at clothes? Like, for me, it's dresses. Dresses (though I prefer them with sleeves in winter. Why are practically all dresses sleeveless these days? :? ) tend to catch my eyes more than anything for some reason. 0.o This season hasn't been so bad fashion-wise, I think. Ponchos being out are a definate plus, I think. :*laugh*: And wrap dresses and kimono sleeves are in too, which I really like.

I wonder what the spring line-up will be like?

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Fu Su Lu

Hungry Drunken TigerMen

569802 Potch
3084 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Schala-Kid wrote:
Fu Su Lu, that's the kind of thinking that i'm trying to discourage. If a guy gives a damn about the clothes he wears, it doesn't mean he's effeminate or shouldn't call into question his sexuality. even the most anti-fashion person still has clothes he would refuse to wear, so it'd be nice to see where everyone is here on the suikox forum, how much they like or dislike fashion, and so on. it goes beyong the "my style" thread, because of the broad range of discussion, not just how you dress yourself, but things you're looking at, things you want, things you hate... so on.

Altough some people might say I abuse of this nice smiley: :*laugh*: I do it cause it serves a beautiful purpose, show im just joking.
I agree word per word with your civic words, I share them and have told them to many people sometimes, the matter is that you are telling them to me! You are wrong sister, you got me wrong at all, I love shopping, hell i go myself alone most times, i dont need my girlfriend or a friend, so I can try clothes at will and take my time. And the sexuality reference was out of place, there was nothing i wrote to induct you to think i was referring to clothes related to sexuality. You may find interesting I have gay friends and that I have had more than words with some people to defend them. And they are pretty useful to give some advices about clothes too! :D
Count with me to discourage any kind of primitive, cave men thoughts ;)

Coming back to the topic: I bought some confortable black shoes to wear while i am working. It was really cheap, since there was a 50% discount. But the point is i saw a couple of man boots really really tempting, I guess i will make another assault to that shoes shop this week! :*laugh*:
ViktorFan

Shalimar

1825501 Potch
200 Soldiers
4195 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

When I was younger fashion was very important for me. I bought what others told me it was "in". Nowadays I'm more relaxed when it comes to fashion. I don't mind when designers say that in the winter season all clothes are brown, beige, camel, orange or olive-green. I can't wear these colours, I'm looking sick when I wear this. When they say in summer the colours are yellow. rosé, lightblue, kiwi-green and apricot, well I don't buy the clothes, because I can't wear these colours either. I've found my own style and I wear mostly black and red clothes. Red isn't "in" now, but it doesn't matter for me. I also like turquoise and pink or violet, with other words: glaring colours. Glaring colours fit me the best, combined with black of course. Not a turquoise pant with a violet shirt (shivers). I have a turquoise sweater and many people who I don't know told me that this colour fits me very well.

The same is for the style. I like clothes with refined details. For example I have a cardigan with holes in the upper arm, so you can see my skin. It's an eye-catcher and I like how men look at it :D . Many men have spoken to me because of these holes. I also like sweaters or shirts with a decollete on (or in?) the back. I often design my own sweaters and knit them in the colours I like. I have my own style with clothes and don't care about what designers say. I don't have special brands or designers, I buy the clothes which I like. Sometimes I buy some expensive things, sometimes they are cheaper.

What I don't buy is: handbags, I hate handbags, I always use backpacks. I have only one handbag for official meetings or the theatre or an expensive restaurant. I also don't like buying shoes. It's always a pain for me because I have big feet (size 8 - 8,5) and it's not easy to find some nice shoes in this size. Otherwise little feet would look very funny because I'm tall so I have to have big feet :wink: .
St. Ajora

SOUL PATROL!

-98944 Potch
-54 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Eeee this is such a lovely thread ^^

Fu Su Lu wrote:
For some years, jeans have been mega out (at least in my country), but last year, its freaking madness with them again. And I mean women and men. All colours and styles. I like using jeans sometimes, they fit me fine.

ALL colours? Ick. Here in Nova Scotia, you won't see anyone in anything other than blue jeans (light and dark, I prefer both). Coloured jeans are just so gross to me, haha. Except if they're brown or grey, since those are really nice to dress up in...but PURPLE and YELLOW and GREEN and RED are so horrible looking! They scream 80s! How can anyone wear them??

Fu Su Lu wrote:
What I hate, people using too much -too much- tighted jeans and well, lets say the result is a terrible remarking of their fatty behind...

Okay. I have SUCH a problem with this. I don't care what anyone's size is, when they feel the need to slide into skin-tight-behind jeans, I think it's just a cry for attention or something. If anyone has the desperate urge to plump up their arse for everyone else to stare at, then I think they have confidence issues. I admit, I like jeans that are flattering to my body, but there's a point where it looks really disgusting on someone, with their skin hanging out and pushed up. Ugh. It looks so uncomfortable and seems to say so much about a person's personality. Why why why?

Schala Kid wrote:
Right now, I need a belt. I want a skinny belt, but I don't want a cheap quality one. I want a nice leather one, black, and I want it to be skinny. I want it to be affordable, and very damn sexy (well, as sexy as a belt can be, but that's a whole other can of worms).

I could never let myself pay more than 10 dollars for a belt. It just seems so wrong since they're so SMALL. I only use belts to hold up my looser pants anyway, and not for a fashion statement (although I do like this look, but shorter tops to show off a belt just bugs me since I prefer my tops longer).

Sophita wrote:
Here's a simple question about fashion that I've wondered for years: Why do Fashion magazines always have such ridiculous prices?

I know. I love looking at the fashions for ideas (and then go look for similar items at a used clothing store :P) but the stuff they suggest sometimes are just not practical. I've abandoned the more popular magazines for my yoga magazines and GREAT, it's the same thing in those too! I'd NEVER pay 40-50 bucks for one particular halter top just because it's tailor-made for yoga workouts.

To me, 20 bucks is a good price for anything new and pretty (except for simple stuff like camis). You give me 100 dollars and I can hit the sales and bargain racks and come up with 5 different outfits. I don't understand the youth mentality today that says you need to spend most of your money on one item.

Sophita wrote:
It's boggled me for years. There are lots of stores that aim towards the young person's market of late teens to early twenties - Old Navy, Urban Outfitters, the Gap, etc. - but the magazines never seem to cover stuff like that.

Old Navy, which was aimed at the "thrifty" types, is climbing in prices and I've always ignored GAP because their new stuff is always sky high (for my price range, anyway). Magazines always seem to pick the most expensive items from their recent collections anyway.

Sophita wrote:
This season hasn't been so bad fashion-wise, I think. Ponchos being out are a definate plus, I think. And wrap dresses and kimono sleeves are in too, which I really like.

Ponchos are gorgeous; I wore one yesterday and I'd love to get more. Sadly, I no longer work as a sales associate in a high end clothing boutique, so I really miss my employees discount, haha. The traditional, comfy look really seems to be in these past few years and I love it. Long sweaters, ponchos, scarves...eee, I love it all. Elegant tops with kimino sleeves are beautiful as well. What are wrap dresses?

Sophita wrote:
I wonder what the spring line-up will be like?

I know that the past few springs have really emphasized bright colours and pastels....strange stuff like lime and aqua have really been in. I like the experimentation and I hope it continues.

ViktorFan wrote:
When I was younger fashion was very important for me. I bought what others told me it was "in". Nowadays I'm more relaxed when it comes to fashion.

Isn't it GREAT when you hit your plateau and find clothes that you're comfortable in, versus wearing what you think is in style?

ViktorFan wrote:
I also like turquoise and pink or violet, with other words: glaring colours. Glaring colours fit me the best, combined with black of course.

Black is so versatile. Black pants and a top with the colours you mentioned can easily be seen as dressy or casual. it's lovely.

It's sad that you can't wear the more "in" colours offered nowadays :( I know some of it is off limits to me as well due to my pale complexion. It's frustrating sometimes.

ViktorFan wrote:
I often design my own sweaters and knit them in the colours I like. I have my own style with clothes and don't care about what designers say.

OHHH you lucky thing...I wish I knew how to make my own...what an interesting and fulfilling pastime.

ViktorFan wrote:
What I don't buy is: handbags, I hate handbags, I always use backpacks. I have only one handbag for official meetings or the theatre or an expensive restaurant.

I hate them too, which is funny because it seems the entire young female population has them (or had them in high school, and they all looked completely ridiculous, especially the hangbags with no straps, and they all still pulled them up to their shoulders :P)

I need to get a backpack, one of those one straped ones that come down across your middle. Purses and handbags are so annoying, I'm always scared of leaving mine somewhere. I've even considered getting a man's wallet.
Yohn

Confused Chaquita Banana Minions

464538 Potch
425 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oddly enough, I used to not really care about fashion as a whole, and I came to a scary realization the other day as I found myself saying some things about some people in a restaurant... and why they should not be wearing what they were wearing... and how I made my friend get rid of all of her tie-dyed teeshirts because she's too old to be wearing them constantly and how they're the tackiest things I've ever seen (I got an uberthumbsup from her mother for that one).... blah! D:

I'm not currently in any sort of fashion dilemma as of yet... but I might be when my mom tries to decide that I need another handbag... which will end up like all of the others, eventually (hanging in the closet to occasionally be swiped my my sister should it match what she's wearing better than her bags).

"And as the lion slaughters man, I am the wolf and you're the lamb." ~Blind Guardian
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Failure_Urn

[SPECTATOR]

672539 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I dont care about what other people think of me, i usually just wear what makes me comfortable. But at the same time i do like to look good. I have never stayed in one style of clothes. So here is the wardrobe i am sporting right now.

I like the button up shirt look right now, the ones that kind of look like dress shirts. It is winter here so i wear either kakis or jeans with them and usually a long sleeve shirt underneath. I also, like so many others today, like pumas. I usually hate wearing the same thing as other people, but the swade pumas are just real comfy. Shades of clothes, i forget what season this makes me but i am a brown, dark shades, tan, kind of colors. And i have an even mix of preppy clothes and skater clothes, but i dont shop at Abercrombie thats just out of my price range. Also i can not stand! the ripped jeans look.

Does anyone else not like it when a store does the trend for you? ie the ripped jeans look they sell pre ripped jeans. For layerd shirts (long sleeve shirt under a t-shirt) they sell a t-shirt with long sleeves sown to it. I like to do that stuff myself if i am going to, i dont like when the store takes over. But that is just me.

As for picking out clothes, i wear what i like so i pick out alot of what i wear. But my sister also helps me find cool clothes. She also helps me with my hair, i have recently grown it out a little and have never done that before so she helped me pick a style kind of.

Sophita wrote:
Here's a simple question about fashion that I've wondered for years: Why do Fashion magazines always have such ridiculous prices?

I agree. but as a guy i have always wonderd how girls can pay soo much for Purses and make up. Not how can they spend money on them in general, but like for a top line designer purse the prices are mind boggeling. And to me it seems that a cheaper imitation surves the same purpos. And make up, well i just think it is too expansive. I dont buy make up but people who do much spen soo much a year on it, not so say "ohh girls shouldnt use this stuff," im just saying it shoud not be so pricey.

Stupid Sexy Flanders!

1757439 Potch
4444 Soldiers
4225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I generally like wearing short-sleeve shirts, but I am starting to "change my image" presumably because I am growng up. I will wear anything now, including cashmere sweaters, suits, button-ups, t-shirts, hoodies, etc.

As for pants, I usually opt for jeans.

My favorite shoe brands are Puma and Adidas (although dress shoes aren't out of the question).

As long as I don't have to go to the Buckle and A&F, I usually enjoy picking out clothes. Call me old-fashioned, but I don't like paying $90 for jeans.

Not all ninja codes are brewed equally. Here at Shinobi, we use the choicest Bavarian hops that are ripened to perfection. One sip and we will have you saying...nothing.
Failure_Urn

[SPECTATOR]

672539 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thor McOdin wrote:

As long as I don't have to go to the Buckle and A&F, I usually enjoy picking out clothes. Call me old-fashioned, but I don't like paying $90 for jeans.

OHH i know!!! I always go in to Buckle and look at all the stuff i would love to have but can never afford. Haha for christmas i set aside so much money to get one thing from there. =P

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm fashion stupid. I feel more comfortable in my chef whites than I do in just about anything else. My normal clothing is just plain tee shirts with some heavy sweaters thrown in for winter. I have a few pairs of dress pants, which I've basically turned into nice looking work pants.

As for shoes a pair of work boots that I've had for the last 6 years, a pair of dress shoes that positively shine!(polished shoes were required at my school) and several pairs of saftey shoes for kitchen work.

I'm due for an entirely new wardrobe since just about all my clothing besides a single pair of pants and two shirts were ruined in the wash a month back. First time I let someone do my wash for me in years, and they throw downy in right on the clothing! Which has the same effect as if you were to throw bleach on them.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Njord

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Blue jeans are like way old fashioned for me, I even like have only one black/gray one in my closet I wear these days, I prefer the straight nice cut pants more, shows my body in a good way, mucho stylish, besides jeans for me kind of deforms ones figure, I mean with all these stupid tight cuts I can't see myself in one.

I don't mind spending lots on one item, just because I'm picky and not everything looks good for me, gotta pay if you want to look good, surely that will make you feel good, at least it does for me.

Besides, the more you pay, the longer the item will last, cheap stuff die fast, I believe.

I most of the time like to be fully dressed (I'm paying money to cover myself, if I want to feel nude I would've not go buy clothes :P) even in summer, not into showing skin, unless I'm on a walk or running.

Not into colors, not bright ones, dark ones always look more eloquent and in style for me, black, gray, white, dark brown, dark red, orange, purple, and pink (As in small items like bracelet or belt or something).

I love my shoes, and I have lots of them, it's colors must fit the colors of my outfit or I won't wear it, I go with smaller sizes (Which is a pain, because I get to be in it for a minimal of time or I'll die in pain) because for some weird reason smaller sizes appeal more for me and they always look better for me, I'm crazy and I have an issue with my big feet :P.
Arenegeth

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don’t believe in “fashion” and I don’t care what others put on and I say that I don’t give a damn about what clothes I’m wearing… That’s what I say….

In reality I have my own way to dress my self which I just named the code of black…

I don’t know black looks good on me or I look good in black it doesn’t really matter that is the way to dress up usually wearing overcoats and trench coats or leather jackets…

However I noticed that I get attention that way (the locals live in another century) and lately I literally dress with everything I find which sometimes makes me look like a beggar but who cares I may get some extra pocket money that way!

However I believe that I can asset in what sort of clothes a woman would look good in and once in the past I considered becoming a fashion designer! Yes to spend all day dressing up super models is every man’s dream! But seriously I thought that I could come forth with unique and bold choices both in woman wear and menswear…

But alas it never took off maybe I should consider opening my business horizons to fashion next I see good money in that…

As for money spend in clothes?

Zero I get my clothes for free!

I have some connections so I get free clothes from them the beggar style unfortunately for the jackets and coats I have to actually pay that’s why I don’t have a lot of them anymore…

I don’t really care about designer names and all that I focus on quality and style and that doesn’t necessarily come from the top designers in the world despite what the media wants us to think…

One key in a look I like is that it has to be rugged I don’t like it even and clean I like it tough, harsh show some rough edges in there I also like gloves a lot which has got some my friends say things like “He is wearing gloves again I wonder who he killed this time”…

Tststs, some people can’t really appreciate individuality in style I just have to dress plain to appease them, and I do now unfortunately damn, I should go get my men in black line back!

Lately I don’t go in congregations where a lot of people gather (like the theater or what-not) and I really don’t see the point of wearing those clothe when home alone or walking about in the street or planning my next move in building my evil empire…

What do any of you think I’m off my nut for dressing that way?
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have absolutely no concept of fashion (strange for a Narcissist, eh?). I absolutely adore Project Runway, but I never seem to agree with the judges (except Tim Gunn ... he and I seem to be on the same wavelength). Last season, I liked Jeffrey, but I thought Michael should have won.

As for my personal style, I usually go with the comfortable stuff. I have four pairs of shoes (sneakers, work boots, sandals and dress shoes), not counting dance shoes and theatre shoes. I favor jeans or cargo pants and either T-shirts or jerseys. I don't wear hats that often (I don't even have one right now), but I do wear bandanas occasionally.

I do have a weakness for guys who dress thug style, though. It's cliched and the whole "suburban gangsta" thing is kinda pathetic in a way, but the "bad boy" thing gets me every time.... :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: