Suikoden United and Inspirational Karma Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Ace and Gilbert resemblance
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
blueflame

Blue Rookies

294148 Potch
4022 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:51 am    Post subject: Ace and Gilbert resemblance Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

When I played the part in Suikoden 3, where Ace appeared I just thought he kinda looked like Gilbert. I was looking at suikox and suikosource. It said that Ace was with Gilbert's mercenaries. I was shocked from that thing so I just thought. Is there a possibiliity that Gilbert and Ace are only one person or that they're relatives or something like that? I just want to know if anyone else thought of this.
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2327939 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I didn't think about this till you mentioned it....there is a slight resemblance in their hair styles but I don't think their faces look anything alike.

With only their hair being similar I doubt there is a solid link between the two...
who knows...maybe Gilbert made all his men style their hair like that? (I've seen it done before...in anime at least...)

Though I guess the possibility of them being distant relatives or something can't be dismissed either but we'll probably never hear anything else about it.....

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Due Fiumi.com wrote:
Although his real name is unknown, Ace is the alias he goes by. He's from Zexen by birth and joined Gilbert's mercenary army, fighting and accumulating experience during the Dunan Unification War, becoming a veteran soldier in due time. Eventually, Ace left the mercenary army and joined the Harmonian Border Guards becoming an accountant and liaison with headquarters.

Ace was actually a member of Gilbert's mercenary army during the Dunan Unification War, but besides that no link has ever been hinted at or confirmed.

Although that's a pretty big link in itself, no?
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ace and Gilbert being the same person is impossible, because Gilbert is 36 years old at the time of the Dunan Unification War, and would therefore be 51 years old at the time of Suikoden 3, and Ace is 35 at the time of Suikoden 3, and would thus be 20 years old at the time of the Dunan Unification War. They also have different stars of destiny.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ace does however look older than 35 though...! :D

I love my conspiracist assumptions.
Scar

Scar's Scourge

24083 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've always assumed Ace to be his son or nephew to some degree.

but as someone earlier mentioned, the world may never know.
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Did Ace fight in the Dunan Unification Wars? If not, then Ace could possibly be Gilbert's son. If I remember right, Gilbert had a wife and son waiting for him in Vinay del Zexay. And Vinay is Ace's hometown.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
mumbay

White Maiden Mercenaries

167500 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Didn't Gilberts son have the name of Thomas. But then again this proves that it might very well be him to. Since All of the Team changed their name Like Wang became Joker like "Jilia" supposedly was Queen if that is her real name, Jacques eventually changes his name to jacks, and Geddoe suppose to have changed his naem to king probably. And rumored that Aila changes her name to Heart after the Fire Bringer war. So I am not sure if this helps those chances or hurts them. But i do believe that this very well may help possibly.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gilbert's son is called "Thomas" who was a small boy and living in VDZ while Gilbert was fighting in the Dunan Unification Wars. Ace was a soldier within the mercneary group, fighting in the Dunan Unification Wars. If he was Gilbert's son, it would be strange for him to say, "I was in the Gilbert Mercneary Group." At least the game would show some sort of indication that Ace is related to Gilbert, such as a ominous "........" or whatever.

At the moment, there's no evidence to say Ace is related to Gilbert. If being in the same mercenary group is enough to qualify people as being related, we may as well say that Flik is related to Pohl, or Mueller is related to Richard.
Calvin

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ace did fight in the Dunan Unification Wars and was part of Gilbert's Mercenary group. I think its unlikely that Ace was Gilbert's son given that Gilbert would have had to be 16 when Ace was born. Not impossible, but not likely either.

Another piece of evidence against is the fact that the only son we know of that Gilbert has was in Zexen during the Dunan Unification Wars, while Ace was not.

EDIT: Vextor beat me to it.

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gilbert often talked of his home sickness for Zexen, and referenced to his family there, family being more than one person, most likely his wife and child.
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, his wife Marie (separate from Marie in Suikoden 1).
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think it totally slipped my mind that Ace was part of Gilbert's merc's! Nice reminder though ^^ Thanks guys!

-My DeviantArt-
blueflame

Blue Rookies

294148 Potch
4022 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, who knows. Gilbert might have some True Rune or something and changed his name to Ace because we really don't know. Its also weird that the Highland Army would get Gilbert unless he has some special ability. The Highland Army got Leon for his strategies, Jowy for his witt and True Rune, Yuber because of his taste for blood?, and Lucia for her anger for Greenhill. What does Gilbert have? A bunch of mercs? Besides, I doubt the Highland Army would guess that they would fight with Viktor and Flik so he got Gilbert. Think about it.

Last edited by blueflame on Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Calvin

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

blueflame wrote:
Well, who knows. Gilbert might have some True Rune or something and changed his name to Ace because we really don't know. Its also weird that Luca would get Gilbert unless he has some special ability. Luca got Leon for his strategies, Jowy for his witt and True Rune, Yuber because of his taste for blood?, and Lucia for her anger for Greenhill. What does Gilbert have? A bunch of mercs? Besides, I doubt Luca would guess that they would fight with Viktor and Flik so he got Gilbert. Think about it.

There are several innaccuracies in your post, disregarding your "Gilbert has a True Rune" theory, which I find very doubtful.

1. Luca did not hire Gilbert, Solon Jhee did--which is much more believable.
    2. Luca didn't hire Leon either. Leon was Jowy's strategist.
    3. Luca didn't hire Lucia, Jowy did, and she accepted because Jowy promised Karaya land if she helped him.
    4. Yuber was summoned by Leon Silverberg basically on Leon's own volition. Luca only asked where Yuber came from after Yuber was already summoned by Leon.
    5. Its not really known officially why Luca took a liking to Jowy.

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: