Suikoden Uncouth and Illusional Keystone Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Beer Fest

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cloudless Eye

Advance Pawns

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:20 pm    Post subject: Beer Fest Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Anyone seen this little gem yet? Wow, never did I think beer drinking could be this intense of a sport until now.

One of the funnier movies I've seen lately, I almost had to run to the bathroom a couple of times watching it. I mean, some of the scenes were pretty far-fetched but that's what movies are about.

At the end of the movie, there was just one question: Why would you spend that much time training for this contest? I mean, near the end it takes them so many beers to get drunk that it totally takes the meaning away from drinking. (Getting drunk.) It would cost so much to get drunk after that. (40 beers a piece! Lol.)
Scar

Scar's Scourge

24083 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I loved it!

One of the funniest movies of the year, for shizzle!
Earthquake923

SB90's Mechanized Monsters

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah I love to take a sausage to bed.....
Vincent Chase

1st H.A.C - Spread Your Love

314554 Potch
0 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
At the end of the movie, there was just one question: Why would you spend that much time training for this contest? I mean, near the end it takes them so many beers to get drunk that it totally takes the meaning away from drinking. (Getting drunk.) It would cost so much to get drunk after that. (40 beers a piece! Lol.)

Well those steins are probably about 4 beers, and the boot (which I want) could very well be 6, and to me, a person who can't even chug a beer, the thought of chugging 6 beers is just crazy. I think that you have to be able to drink a lot of beer so you could compete with the Germans (again, crazy). You could also just give up drinking for at least a few years and be back to a normal tolerance...I think. A year of solid beer drinking would make you pretty fat I'd imagine.

I really liked it, it's a good party movie. It had everything; beer, male prostitution, American superiority, Europeans with funny accents and one of the funniest games of Asshole ever. I really would like to find the script so I could learn Barry Badrinath's whole sales pitch when they introduce him; I know it starts out with something like "$2 I'll touch you, $4 I'll let you touch me, $5 I'll touch you while touching my toe..." and so on, classic. It's not exactly art, but its fun, and everyone likes (or should like) a fun movie once in a while.
Failure_Urn

[SPECTATOR]

673539 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

haha *remembers the Hold your wii for a wii thread* yea maby drinking that much could be a bad thing.

I did like the movie though, im not even a big drinker, but it was still funny.

Cosby You! Black Entertainer

102725 Potch
420 Soldiers
30 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hard to believe how a movie like this turned out to be so incredible. i didnt see ti coming but i'm so glad i caught it in theaters.

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I got a kick out of this movie. It's be no means high brow entertainment, but a lot of the stuff going on in the movie were things that my friends and I did back in college, just taken to a more extreme. It was definitely a nostalgic trip! That was definitely another winning by the guys of Broken Lizard.

~Uguu!~
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I really should go see this. I think I have the dvd but I can't remember. If I don't have it then I must rectify this and get it. Funny, I had bugged Sailor to go see this movie and I haven't seen it myself.

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Indeed, I think this was one of the rare times where I was going around bugging you to watch a movie instead of the other way around :) Beer Fest! Watch it now Tull!

~Uguu!~
Firefly

Wednesday's Army

20952 Potch
328 Soldiers
225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I really don't like beer or "beer culture" (if that makes sense?) but I thought this movie was hilarious! Especially the part where they go to the underground beer fest in Germany and there's that lady grinding down a human leg and that gay guy "I miss youuuu!"
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: