Suikoden Uncouth and Infamous Keystone Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Treasure

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mad Mage

0 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:30 am    Post subject: Treasure Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So I've been seeing a lot of fellow Suikoden fans post about other great games. I figured I'd test my theory that Suikoden fans have impeccable taste by seeing if there are any Treasure fans out there.

For those of you who don't know Treasure is a small Japanese game company with a cult following. They believe in polished arcade style gameplay and have made some of the most solid, incredible, beautiful 2D games ever.

So, does anyone else recognize Treasure's immense greatness?
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have got quite a few games... treasure games... but I don't know what game you're talkin about... all the games I got that has the word treaure on it has another word as well... I have treasure planet on the playstation and treasure gear... though I haven't played them yet LOL and for my personal computer I have got Treasure hunt, treasure island (these games are not really mine :roll: ) and treasure quest...

is the game just called treasure?

is this another rare game like suikoden or something?

JNX out
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is Treasure a game or a company?

I've played Treasure Hunter G which was a really good game does that count?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Treasure games? aren't they the ones that made Ikaruga for gamecube? One of the very very few gamecube games next to the Zelda collector's edition that is worth holding on to because it has some value and not extremly mass produce like all other gamecube games.
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Unfortunately I have not had the pleasure to play any of their games to my knowledge anyway. However like most other game companies with good reputations for making 2d games or even 3d games among a large amount of people I could consider picking one of the games. Though only if said game was for the Playstation two considering that I do not own a Gamecube and games for the XBOX tend to be made in Europe or the US. Does anyone have any links to screenshots or something of that nature for some of their games? I dont know of any titles besides the above mention Ikaruga and one game makes it kind of difficult to form some kind of opinion.

The missing liberty

25000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Give us some game names please.
Mad Mage

0 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

JNX and Milan: I said right in my post "For those of you who don't know, Treasure is a small Japanese game company with a cult following."

As for what they've made, I left it blank because I love all their games. But I'll list the ones people have most likely played.

Mega Drive:
Gunstar Heroes
Dynamite Heady

Saturn:
Guardian Heros
Radiant Silvergun (infamous for being expensive)
Silhouette Mirage

N64:
Mischief Makers

DC:
Bangai-Oh
Ikaruga

GBA:
Astro Boy (really good game. Don't let the name fool you)

Some of those have been ported to other platforms

Treasure is comprised of former Konami Employees who quit and made their own company.

Well, it looks like I'm alone in my love of Treasure. Oh well, I should have figured.
Spell Breaker

The Long Patrol

162411 Potch
122 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've only played Gunstar Heroes. That game was ridiculous with its large number of weapon combinations and hand-to-hand moves that the characters could do. I loved Black's Dice Palace and the space battles. That game was pretty hard though; especially with Treasure being so cheap with health powerups. I ended up using a Game Genie in order to beat it. I'm glad that I'm not the only one who ever played it. :D

I believe that Treasure also made the Gunstar Heroes Advance game for the GBA that came out last year. I might check that out, but I'll definitely buy Astro Boy.
Mad Mage

0 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's Guardian Heroes Advance (a sequel to one of their other games), and it's not half as good. Still a decent game though.

Astro Boy on the other hand is - well, I'm not going to waste time talking about this since I've once wrote a review for it. I'll post the link but I'd only check it out if you're actually interested in this game

http://www.blinkysrus.com/modules.php?module=reviews&id=2
[/u]
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

OMG! GUNSTAR HEROES! I haven't heard anything abot that game in the longest time. My brother and I both played it. He beat it, I didn't. and Mischief Makers sounds remarkably (That's why I'm remarking on it) familiar. Mind giving me some info on Mischief makers? I've played a lot of Video games in my life.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Mad Mage

0 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mischeif Makers is one of my favorites. You are Marina the inergallatic robot hero. You land with your creator, a perverse professor, on plant Clancer. It's a 2D sidescroller based around picking up things and shaking/throwing them.
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh... sorry, maybe I wasn't thinking straight... anyway

YAY... I have played gunstar heoes at my mates place and couldn't get enough of the game... of course I was for some reasno the red one or player two... can't quite remember well but anyway, we were racing through the levels and he would lose early and I would continue much further than he lol memories...

wow... mischief maker does look kinda cool... the second picture somehow makes it look like Poke'mon hahaha... anyway, thanks for clearing things up

JNX out
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: