Suikoden Uncouth and Inspirational Kraalesque Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Oboro, Sagiri, shagure, and Fuyo, a relation ship between taylor too?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mumbay

White Maiden Mercenaries

167500 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:37 pm    Post subject: Oboro, Sagiri, shagure, and Fuyo, a relation ship between ta Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

How did they meet i replayed it and all i found was that Oboro took them in after Nether gate disolved. We know that Fuyo joined because she was the first client from what i saw, but why did she truly join did she really think they needed her help to keep them in business and organize. I'm going to put what i found but a little confused as to why they came together.Taylor seemed to know Taylor too since they all worked together to free Doorat.

Oboro- was it stated he was truly nether gate. If he was truly nether gate then why didn't he fight. Kage must have been atlest Oboro's age in Suikoden I.Was he just some kind of intel guy hence he opened a detective agency.And what happened to his business cards where did htat idea fcome from

Sagiri-it has been proven that she only knows one emotion. But like Nakula do you think that there were others just as angry at Sagiri for killing someone close with her sidious smile.

Shigure- we don't know much about what he did in Nether gate. Was he truly a nether gate operative seeing to how he is always so lazy. From what we are told of Nether gate why is it that shiqure is the only lazy Assasin.

Fuyo-Is there a romantic connection between Oboro and Fuyo. Does she see some oppurtunity for money. Did she really feel she was needed or was there a personel gain there.

Taylor- was he a nether gate operative too. Look at the actions he has done. Apparently he has some skill with gathering intel like Oboro does.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Calvin

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Oboro- was it stated he was truly nether gate. If he was truly nether gate then why didn't he fight. Kage must have been atlest Oboro's age in Suikoden I.Was he just some kind of intel guy hence he opened a detective agency.And what happened to his business cards where did htat idea fcome from

Oboro was part of Nethergate, and was actually Shinatsu, leader of the intelligence division.

Quote:
Taylor- was he a nether gate operative too. Look at the actions he has done. Apparently he has some skill with gathering intel like Oboro does.

As far as I know Taylor was never in Nethergate. He is merely a journalist, and Oboro knows of him because their paths had crossed on occasion. If I recall correctly, Oboro said something like "both of our jobs require us to expose secrets." So, it's obvious that Oboro respects Taylor in that regard.

As for Sagiri and Shigure, after Nethergate disbanded, I believe the official line is that Oboro basically took them under his wing, and they became the Oboro Detective Agency. They simply knew each other because of their association with Nethergate.

Fuyo was the groups first customer, and seeing that Oboro was so disorganized, stayed on as a secretary-type.

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Like Zonder says, Obaro is Shinatsu, the leader of the intelligence division, so his focus wasn't really on assasination. I think the mouse and the business cards are just meant to show Obaro is an inventive guy with a gift for creating new things (and it's funny to the audience).

Sagiri was definately an assassin and I'm sure if people could recognize her like Nakula can, they'd definately be mad at her for killing their loved ones; I'm pretty sure Shigure was an assasin too, although I can't remember where I'm recalling that from.

I don't think there's a romantic connection between Fuyo and Obaro; it's not unplausable, but there's nothing ithe game that shows they're in a relationship. Fuyo just seems like a nice woman who wants to help Obaro, Sagiri and Shigure turn over new leaves after their lives as Nether Gate members and does all the office work parts of it.

There's no information on Taylor being one, so there's no official word one way or the other. But on a purely speculative note, I think that he has a bit of a Nether Gate-ish vibe to him. He's rather Obaro-like; whether that's just coincidence due to them being in a similar profssions or because they were both part of Nether Gate is pure speculation.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD

Last edited by Sophita on Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Calvin

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

I'm pretty sure Shigure was (one) too, although I can't remember where I'm recalling that from.

I think he confirmed it during the Nakula confrontation. He said something like "we all were, man." I'm sure there is other evidence to show that he was part of Nethergate, but I can't recall anything else at the moment. I'm sure there's something in the investigations or comment box letters, though.

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ack! Sorry Zonder, you read that before I could edit in a word I accidently left out. :oops:

I knhe was definately Nether Gate, but I'm less certain as to what division he belonged to. I think he was an assassin, but I'm not entirely 100% sure of it. Pretty sure, though. :D

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

maybe shigure was some kind of ambush expert thanks to his special ability in war battle.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
mumbay

White Maiden Mercenaries

167500 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Possibly but it doesn't make since that he is in nether gate since he is so lazy to me. How would someone in nether gate always whine about doing work, saying they'll rather relax
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

he may rather relax but when oboro says that shigure has to do more work because shagiri didn't want to join, he said that it was fine.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sagiri also has the Ambush ability, I believe.

At one point, if you talk to Fuyo, she'll reveal all the details of her joining Oboro's agency. I forgot what point it's at, but it's one of those "in between scenes" situations where you wander around the castle in between story changes or during special events and talk to all your characters, hoping they'll say something important.

^Actual quote!
Aesa

Those Who Slumber

427118 Potch
250 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mmm, perhaps Shigure was like Sagiri in that he was trained to disarm people, if he just does it now out of laziness is anyone's guess....

The setting sun means the rise of a new day...
...excepting for Ragnarok, of course

~Tinto~
redxa3

Valence Turmeil

363113 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think he was like her in that aspect as well

Valence Turmeil
The Protectors of the Crimson Deep
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Perhaps Shigure's laziness is something that has come onto him since he left Nether Gate. If you use Sagiri as an example, we all know that she was trained to have just the one emotion, chances are they'd use similar systems for the other assassins there as well. Perhaps his laziness is his way of saying he doesn't want to kill any more, just less direct that Sagiri who says it outright.

I doubt we'll get any definitive answers on this, as we're unlikely to see them in games about any other nation.

Unknown Warriors of Kooluk

500 Potch
2 Soldiers
13571 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

From what im thinking Orbo must have been intel.

Sagiri probably has many more enemies just none as determined as Nakula

Shigure was probably trained like that to throw people off and get the mission done, like Sagiri was trained to smile, Shigure might have been trained like a lazy little boy.

Fuyo just says that she liked the way Orbo did work and she was disowend by her parents for wanting to work for him.

Taylor just the way he is kinda seems like he could have been in Nether Gate but if he was couldnt he have just snuck into the Sun Palace instead of leaving. He couldv'e snuck in and spied and still got all the true facts.
EggMan

Ordo Lusus

167874 Potch
250 Soldiers
180 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm pretty sure that at some point Oboro blatantly says that Taylor was never part of Nether Gate. I remembe Oboro saying that they used to share info and thats how they knew each other, though Oboro was in the business of keeping secrets while Taylor exposed them they had a good relationship.

"I think we are blind. Blind people who can see, but do not see."
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

EggMan wrote:
I'm pretty sure that at some point Oboro blatantly says that Taylor was never part of Nether Gate. I remembe Oboro saying that they used to share info and thats how they knew each other, though Oboro was in the business of keeping secrets while Taylor exposed them they had a good relationship.

He says the latter but not the former. And the latter doesn't quite disprove the former, although it's a knock against it, alright.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: