Suikoden Uncouth and Irenic Keystone Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Doctor refuses to see child because mom has tattoo
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Community Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rune of Corruption

Ficky Ficky Frog Eyed Frustrated Fools

2319 Potch
0 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:05 pm    Post subject: Doctor refuses to see child because mom has tattoo Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That is just infuriating to me. Has people lost their mind now? What does having a tattoo have to do with tending to a sick child?

Have anyone here experienced similar hateful stupidity towards them or their families?
Failure_Urn

[SPECTATOR]

673539 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

OH whao, did that happen to you? I would be furious if i was the parent. Regardless though I would find another doctor because that one I could never get along with even if i made him treat my child.

And WHO does he think he is? Deciding the child is going to stay sick because of his own opinion. jeez people these days.

2319 Potch
0 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just heard that on Fox News. It was appalling.
Spiraling Entropy

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's totally smegged up. Caring for the sick is the first priority.
Seraphblade

imaginary soldiers

935122 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That goes against the hippocratic oath. All doctors have to take the oath. The oath is that your job is to treat the sick and wounded regardless of personal opinions.

That makes me really mad because I'm studying to become a doctor myself.
Yohn

Confused Chaquita Banana Minions

464538 Potch
425 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wonder how his practice will continue with prejudices like that? What an asshat.

http://www.kget.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=f290458b-dd7d-4a20 -ac99-525e48365b08

If anybody is interested.

"And as the lion slaughters man, I am the wolf and you're the lamb." ~Blind Guardian
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Seraphblade wrote:
That goes against the hippocratic oath. All doctors have to take the oath. The oath is that your job is to treat the sick and wounded regardless of personal opinions.

Maybe it's all up to interpretation, but the basic tenant of the Hippocratic Oath is to do no harm to your patients. If he refuses to allow them to be patients then he's not violating the oath. As long as it's his own personal practice, he can decide who he wants to treat. I don't agree with it, but that's the way it is. His reasoning is dumb, but thanks to people having rights, not much can be done about it.

~Uguu!~
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

...That's complete discrimination and I'm shocked he hasn't gotten in trouble with it up to this point. How disgusting; I wasn't aware that having a Tattoo meant you were a second-class citizen. Even if it's an obscene tattoo, unless she has it on her face it's not like she couldn't have covered it up. And it shouldn't even matter, because going through the pain of getting ink on your body says jack squat about you as a human being.

Quote:
For Dr. Gary Merrill of Christian Medical Services, that means no tattoos, body piercings, and a host of other requirements—all standards Merrill has set based upon his Christian faith.

So are they also not allowed to wear polyeester? If someone is allergic to oysters and having an allergic reaction, will "Dr." Gary Merrill refuse to treat them due to the fact the bible forbids shellfish?

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd understand if the patient wanted an abortion or something, but a tattoo shouldn't really prevent one person from helping another, depends why the doctor got into the business I suppose.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Words fail me.

How does tatooing have anything to do with christianity? And how many other aspects of Christianity is he violating by doing this? What a goddamn prick.

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think he missed out the "respect thy neighbour" part.
Yohn

Confused Chaquita Banana Minions

464538 Potch
425 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sophita wrote:
...That's complete discrimination and I'm shocked he hasn't gotten in trouble with it up to this point. How disgusting; I wasn't aware that having a Tattoo meant you were a second-class citizen. Even if it's an obscene tattoo, unless she has it on her face it's not like she couldn't have covered it up. And it shouldn't even matter, because going through the pain of getting ink on your body says jack squat about you as a human being.

Quote:
For Dr. Gary Merrill of Christian Medical Services, that means no tattoos, body piercings, and a host of other requirements—all standards Merrill has set based upon his Christian faith.

So are they also not allowed to wear polyeester? If someone is allergic to oysters and having an allergic reaction, will "Dr." Gary Merrill refuse to treat them due to the fact the bible forbids shellfish?

And don't forget to remember cute fluffy bunnies. Bible says that you're not supposed to come into contact with rabbits. This is why I don't believe in old law, as I'm not Jewish.

"And as the lion slaughters man, I am the wolf and you're the lamb." ~Blind Guardian
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Scott

Demon King's Ambition

41 Potch
1150 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sophita wrote:

Quote:

No! haven't you heard? Those parts aren't applicable anymore! They don't count. Only the parts about homosexuality, tattoos and such do. The rest is just outdated silliness ;D

All joking aside, that man is a joke.

To relive those Halcyon days of youth
Rune of Corruption

2319 Potch
0 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was beginning to believe that I may have heard the article wrong. I was beginning to think that no one would be that cruel, that selfish, that evil, but after I read Yohn's article I was shocked yet again. What that man did was a sin and not just a sin it is multiple sins. The Bible says that you shouldn't turn away people who need help, that you should not offend the"little ones", that you should not judge, and the list goes on and on.

Last edited by Rune of Corruption on Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Friendly Moderator Notice!

I have no personal problem with this area of discussion, being infested with evil atheist germs myself, but I am aware some other members and moderators will likely find this is edging towards slightly sticky territory.

I'm not requesting a halt to the discussion, but tread carefully folks.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.

Last edited by John Layfield on Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: