Suikoden Urgent and Irrational Keystone Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Odin Sphere: holy crap, 2d fans MUST SEE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hotspot

Dawlight

147042 Potch
53 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just found out about this game yetserday may/7/07.
It sounds and looks cool,is comming out may/22/07 i can't wait.

Someone wanted to know more about the game, i was going to make a topic of this so i was prepared, but i found this topic, but here is some more information.

Quote:
Odin Sphere (オーディンスフィӝ 0;, Ōdein Suhuia?)is a 2.5D fantasy action RPG video game exclusive to the Sony PlayStation 2, featuring five different playable characters.

The nations of Erion had always held an uneasy peace, as the various kings and queens watched each other for any signs of weakness. When the country of Valentine is obliterated by the power of an ancient artifact, it sparks a bloody war between the fairies of Ringford and the warriors of Ragnanival. Little do they know that they are acting out an almost-forgotten prophecy: one that, if fulfilled, will lead to the destruction of the entire world. Take control of the warrior princess Gwendolyn, daughter of Odin, and follow the threads of an intricately woven story as you uncover the truth behind the prophecy – and how to bring it to an end.

On gamespot someone said that it's succesor(not a sequel!) called princess crown had secret characters, i hope we can play as this frog that is with mercedes(the girl with the crossbowgun)
http://www.atlus.com/odinsphere/chara/big/img/big06.jpg
He reminds me of frog from chrono trigger.
Out of all 5 characters only one is a creature sort of, his name is cornilius and he is turned into a rabbit, i dont know how long though.

Quote:
Gwendolyn
Daughter of the Demon Lord Odin and a Valkyrie princess of the Kingdom of Ragnanival. She is a brave warrior and her name is well known and feared on the battlefield, she has an older sister Griselda who is an even more skilled warrior. Gwendolyn feels she has grown up in her sisters shadow and this has led her to be quiet and reserved, but she will stand up against anyone when necessary.

Quote:
Velvet
She is the last surviving heir of the fallen kingdom of Valentine. Valentine was destroyed by a magical explosion which is shrouded in mystery. Velvet fled to the forest of Elrit to hide her identity, and became known as the Forest Witch. she now devotes her life to piecing together prophesies in hopes of trying to stop Armageddon. She hates her father Odin because she feels his actions caused the death of her mother.

Quote:
Oswald
Oswald is feared as the Shadow knight of the fairy kingdom of Ringford, and renowned as a dragon slayer. He was abandoned at a young age and taken in by the nephew of the fairy queen Melvin. Oswald lives to serve his adoptive father and carries out the orders and duties assigned to him with reckless abandon and an unrivaled skill known thoughout the land.

Quote:
Cornelius
Cornelius is the prince of the kingdom of Titania, a serious young man with a strong sense of justice with views that may be too idealistic for the real world. Cornelius was mysteriously transformed into a beast and taken away from his homeland. He loves Velvet but fears when his journey home is over that she would reject him if she knew what he had become.

Quote:
Mercedes
As the princess of the Fairy Kingdom of Ringford she was always looking to prove herself to her mother. After her mothers death she works hard to temper her maturity and strives to equal her mother's strong leadership for the welfare of Ringford.

I think i will play as velvet first(who seems like the main protaganist) becuase i think she is the main protaganist, maybe not she's a fortune teller, i think the main protaganist is actually gwendolyn.
Although they are all protaganists.
I can't wait for it to come out it looks awsome!,
Although i dont think mercedes should be mercedes, mercedes is more of a city girl name not fairy girl name.
Sun's Vicegerent

Divine Judgement

777674 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow, this game looks absolutely amazing. I must go look for it in Game stores tomorrow~ there's been a lack of good RPGs coming out recently anyway =/. Thanks a lot for the recommendation!

JUST ME AND THE OTHER BIG DUDES

125356 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just hope the Oswald character is not another one of those well known "dark hero, with obscure past learns to love and live" because I shall be exacting holy retribution upon the fools that designed the character.

I never meet a brooding and violent character named Oswald in my life.

I mean "Oswald the dragonslayer" that's just... not cool.
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Huh. I blame P3's crappy localization on this game, even though I'm sure it's not. It's coming out May 22nd? I'll get it, but I won't treat it nicely.

D:

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
Sun's Vicegerent

Divine Judgement

777674 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just got a copy of the game and started playing it yesterday (JP version).

It's quite okay, wasn't as great as I expected it to be.. but I guess you really can't complain. The graphics are beautiful, and the gameplay is somewhat a bit like "Tales" games.

It's interesting, and the music is okay.. but I suppose it's not one of those games which I can't stop playing.

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The game comes out this week.
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm getting it on Wednesday, along with .hack//GU vol 2 and a Persona 3 pre-oder. I'll tell y'all what I think if I end up playing it over .hack//GU or any other game I recently got. E:

Jorge Prima wrote:

Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah I know what you mean. THis game is the obvious reason why P3 was delayed, and it kinda angers me.
Futch

JUST ME AND THE OTHER BIG DUDES

125356 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I demand a review from some of you, I do have great expectations from you all and hold your opinion highly in my ranks. :D
Ayreon

Universal Migrators

7311 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

the game looks great.Finally a good (i hope) scroll game,and the characters design is amazing.The gameplay also looks great.

''Sail away to Avalon.......''
Equus

Sindarin Speed Bumps of Rage

197132 Potch
0 Soldiers
2993 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Got it today! Yay!

Stuck at my friend's place kinda doing nothing because we're supposed to be gaming. Boo.

Let alone the fact that my character has been unconscious since last session, and it doesn't look like things are going to change tonight. Grrr.
Firefly

Wednesday's Army

20952 Potch
328 Soldiers
225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I got it today, and I played for a few hours...

Graphics- gorgeous
Story- Don't know, I'm not that far yet
Difficulty- HARD. There are even settings (Easy, Normal and Hard) and I have it on easy and it's still freaking ridiculous sometimes. Maybe I'm just not used to playing action RPG's though.
Music- Great, but not enough of it.

Sometimes there's a little slowdown (only when there's a HUGE boss with other enemies flying around).

Overall, I'd give it 4/5 so far.

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The animation in this game is fantastic.

Last edited by Leb on Fri May 25, 2007 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

With the long weekend coming up I really need to stop into the game store and pick up this game. It really does look quite nice, and enjoyable. I'm always up for a pretty 2D RPG romp. The hard difficulty that you mention, Firefly, will give me something to work on over the summer. ^^

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My EB had a screw up with the shipping this week. No new games for a while!

=D

Jorge Prima wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: