Suikoden Urgent and Illusional Kriegspiel Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Odin Sphere: holy crap, 2d fans MUST SEE
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:24 am    Post subject: Odin Sphere: holy crap, 2d fans MUST SEE Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hooooly shit. Odin Sphere, the spiritual sucessor to Princess Crown, looks HOT.

2d

Atlus

Finally 2d has evolved. This is the step 2d should have taken years ago, but instead of evolving it, people decided to abandon it. My God. Ps2 just won't die. Best system ever.

No wonder Atlus USA delayed Persona 3. They're pushing OS already.

And here it is in motion:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lU8zyH7XP5Q
Rune of Corruption

Ficky Ficky Frog Eyed Frustrated Fools

2319 Potch
0 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Some of these characters look suprisingly like characters from threads of fate. English seems to already have been completed. Can't wait until this comes out.
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yep. Comes out this spring!
Blackjack

78881 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Point of order, Atlus hasn't delayed Persona 3.

The only release date ever given has been "June." All the "early 2007s" and "February '07s" were pulled from the ether by people not Atlus.

Just for the record.

YES. YES IT CAN.

"Life is not a having and a getting, but a being and a becoming." -- Myrna Loy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The Chizen Star

5907 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Saw this a few days ago, and I'm really excited about it. It reminds me a lot of Valkyrie Profile (I guess beacause I never played Princess Crown), what with the 2Dness and the...Odin.

I agree with you completely, Himuro. 2D = <3

Valence Turmeil

363113 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Can't wait for this game.

It looks great

Valence Turmeil
The Protectors of the Crimson Deep
Yohn

Confused Chaquita Banana Minions

464538 Potch
425 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*dances* Huzzah! I heard about this, and it looks like so much fun. 2D games rock my console world. <3

Hooray PS2! *hugs*

"And as the lion slaughters man, I am the wolf and you're the lamb." ~Blind Guardian
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What did you expect? It's Atlus.

Blackjack wrote:
Point of order, Atlus hasn't delayed Persona 3.

The February release date was only put on ordering sites and the like, so yeah, it was never official. =/

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
Futch

JUST ME AND THE OTHER BIG DUDES

125356 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, in the video you can see them "in motion" but just for a bit. I would like to see it in real action, like in battle or something.

I think the art is good but it somehow gives me this eerie feeling. It's probably because everyone is just too thin.
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I love the graphics. Characters look cute, too.

I'm looking out for this.

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Futch wrote:
Well, in the video you can see them "in motion" but just for a bit. I would like to see it in real action, like in battle or something.

I think the art is good but it somehow gives me this eerie feeling. It's probably because everyone is just too thin.

There's a battle shot.

Many gameplay shots haven't popped up. It's an action rpg, and I tell you the battle system will be awesome if it's anything like the original. It has a fighting game battle system. In the original, it was only one on one battles. In the sequel, it's only one character versus many. So awesome.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow, that's a very pretty game, alright (Yay 2d!) but is there any information availble on the storyline...?

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Not terribly much. Several kingdoms have a fragile peace that's broken when the Kingdom of Valentine is suddenly wiped off the map. So, Odin and the Fairies and whoever else go to war, the surviving princess of Valentine discovers that they're all acting out an apocalyptic prophecy, blah blah blah. The blonde prince kid who turns into a bunny strangely seems to have a self-contained story, since it will focus on his own insecurities and his fiance.

Don't care, though. It's from the guys who did Princess Crown, so I want to check out the combat.
Arenegeth

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This seems very interesting to me though I haven’t been a fan of Atlus RPG’s (thanks to very few of them making their way to Europe)…

The artistic 2D approach looks very nice however after Unlimited Saga I’m weary of 2D graphics versus gameplay, but this definitely looks good…

It reminds me of Guardian Heroes somehow though I’m sure it will be quite different in execution…
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Leb wrote:

Don't care, though. It's from the guys who did Princess Crown, so I want to check out the combat.

Yes. I completely agree. <3
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: