Suikoden Urgent and Infamous Keystone Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Mass Effect
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Locke

Poker of Doom

157293 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

First person, third person, all shooters are the same to me. Except for the Ratchet and Jak series's. I'm gonna wait till I try Mass Effect before I make my decision on it. I'm not sure if they may have over complicated it with add this to this or do this and this will happen.

3 Time Suikox WWE Fantasy Champion
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It looks like this game is gona have a setting like KOTOR without starwars elements, while the gameplay maybe like Dues Ex but playing much more smooth. Although from the xbox live videos shown of this game it seems other than just the simple aim and shoot gunplay, magic/skills/special moves still looks a bit chucky like KOTOR or jade empire instead of a pure action game, so it's not really a shooter.

I loved the first KOTOR but thought the second one got a bit tiresome after not really adding much cool new stuff plus the ending was pretty lame compared to the first one. I hated Jade empire mainly because it's stupid asian setup that's more annoying than enjoyable, the battle system was okay but for a game that tried so hard to seem more like an action game than a rpg, it's not nearly as smooth as it should.

It's great that for mass effect both male and female voice overs of the main character is said to be recorded. I personally would be much less interested in this game if the only option I had was to play as the matthew fox look alike default hero. Anyone know how exactly are the weapons going to be handled in this game? could I have my character as a melee weapons user instead of a gun fighter? like I said, I was rather unimpressed by the non-gun weapon usage from the videos(I recall seeing skills being used and explosives being thrown to hitting enemies dead on) not that they looked bad or anything but after action game like gunplay if other weapons and skills are used like a rpg it'll just feel weird.
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You can customize your character like in past Bioware titles (kotor;etc). The cool thing is that you have a voice over. So you despite creating your character, you can have a voice over, and STILL decide what he says. If only these game companies would get rid of thise mute character bs after this game. So awesome.

I think it may be possible go melee, but I haven't heard that one yet. Tull?

I am assuming there are jobs in this, like in past titles. They haven't gone over the jobs yet though.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I haven't read anything about melee and I think the setting doesn't make hand-to-hand combat to make much sense. There are certain Biotic abilities that need to be used up close that could qualify as close-combat. The character customization doesn't go for the traditional warrior/mage/ranger classes of past BioWare RPGs but instead makes it more open.

I'm leaning more towards no bladed weapons in Mass Effect since not one screenshot or design artwork contains a character wielding one. BioWare may still turn around and suddenly announce that there will be bladed weapons, but if they haven't announced now and don't within the next two months then it probably doesn't exist.

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As if fans of the game's were'nt given enough cool things to see and do in Mass Effect now comes word of why the BBFC has certified the game for having partial nudity.

Quote:
While we knew that Mass Effect was going to contain partial nudity, we were sadly lacking on details, but no longer. The British Board of Film Classification has revealed it's rating for Mass Effect, revealing in the process some revealing details about...well, revealing. According to the classification the game has been given a 12 rating due to "moderate violence and one sex scene". Ah, the sound of happy GameStop employees raking in preorders. While the scene is undetailed, one version does contain breast nudity. Wait, there are different versions?

"If playing as a male character the scene can take place between him and a human woman or a humanoid female alien. If playing as a female character the scene can take place between her and a male human or a female humanoid alien."

Lesbian alien sex and the Brits only give it a 12? I am living in the wrong country.

now, I'm wondering just how quickly the amount of people who buy this game end up playing as female right from the get-go.

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

fucking awesome. I'm going to make my character a lesbian like in Jade
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Here's another clip which shows the character creation and the first few minutes of the game's intro. The graphics in the game looks much better than previous clips. I'm guessing they were really using the months since E3 to optimize the look of the game.

Mass Effect Character Creation

New Gaien Wildcards

132495 Potch
1660 Soldiers
2625 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

...is that Seth f'n Green playing a Normandy crewman? Sweet! I didn't expect that at all. I wonder if Bioware has any other niche celebrities on the cast? Maybe Nathan Fillion will be back from Jade Empire. Maybe Seth Green will do something about Mass Effect on Robot Chicken. The possibilities are endless.

As for the question about playing a female character, yes, I'll be doing that myself. I always do when I'm given a choice, actually. Why? Well, I already play a male in real life, so why not switch things up now and then when the option to do so is available? I tend to play elves in NWN for the same reason. Simple as that! The chance for a little interspecies lesbian erotica is just gravy.
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

first post updated
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh geeze, is it really coming out that soon? Not a good time! I have a lot of other stuff to worry about. Blah.

Actually, this is one of the few video games coming out that I'm really excited for. I generally don't tend to be much of a Bioware fan (I have a historical feud with their other titles) but this game...just looks so good.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I got my game.

The presentation is such a step up for rpgs. This game feels really next gen.

My character is a black female lesbian Engineer named Sera Shepard, and she kicks all ass.

After Assassin's Creed it's pretty hard to get into these sparse, not so densely populated locales. Oh well. That's my only complaint thus far, aside from the really confusing menu interface.

The battle system is really fun, unlike Jade Empire, and the story is really good so far.

I'm loving it a lot so far.

Last edited by Himuro on Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sniper_Zegai

Gaien Magic Men

659144 Potch
850 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The visuals look amazing and although there has been alot of hype, I think its warranted. Bioware are a huge company when it comes to making RPG's. Baldur's Gate for example is one of my favourite RPG's of all time and I think if even a fraction of BG's gameplay, customization and non-linear gameplay. I think this could easily be the RPG of the year.

That being said I think I should wait until I actually play this game first but it wont stop me from getting down right excited about it. I know its got some decent voice talent backing it up, Seth Green plays one of the characters. So it may have some decent comedic moments in there as well.

Wait and see people, wait and see.

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just received my Mass Effect: Limited Collector's Edition but unable to play since the office 360 is being occupied by the Rock Band set-up one of the employees brought over for people to oooh and ahh over. Bloody tech geeks are butchering Run to the Hills! I could sing better than a bunch of these ponces!

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is it just me or is there a lack of quests compared to the beginning of other Bioware games? I'm sure quests will pick up, but I've noticed there are less npcs you can talk to than before. Maybe it's because the environments are so much bigger, thus, the npcs are more spread out.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I haven't seen it so far but then I only got to see the intro sequence before people wanted to rock on some more on Rock Band. I probably won't even get to properly play the game until sometime early December. I still need to get Call of Duty 4 multiplayer played out of my system before I can move on to the next game.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: