Suikoden United and Irrational Kraalesque Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Release date for FFVII:AC?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Njord

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

maken wrote:
okay , we know that you hate every single thing in FF8 but that doesn't make him the worst final fantasy , I think FF9 was the worst FF I ever seen ... that is what I think , not because you said it was your best FF .

You know that's kind of rude, everyone has the right to say what he or she think about anything he or she want, and for you own information I too hate Final Fantasy 8 (not everything actually just the battle system), and love Final Fantasy 9, its story was so beautiful and exciting, and the characters were very unique, it is really my favorite Final Fantasy. :)
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gwendal wrote:

EDIT: One thing struck me...Sophita, why do you hate FF8`s weapon system? It`s fairly similliar to Suikoden`s...the part finding can get a little annoying, I agree, but it`s fun to be able to get the Lionheart on Disc 1...:)

Mainly because it was a chore to find the stuff to make the weapons. If you took too long (I think - been years since I played it so I'm going off of memory) looking around and not advancing the plot you got your SeeD pay demoted (suck) and frankly it got tiring fighting those weird alligator-like monsters for screws and the like.

I did like the magazines, though. Those were awesome.

And hey, I liked FF9's cast. It had the most personable of their main heros. Zidane is hilarious and cute, as is Garnet and Eiko. Steiner is an adorable big, protective lug, and Beatrix is a wonderful character, too. Vivi and his story are lovely; the part in the black mage's villiage just....awww. Amarant was OK. Freya is THE awesome. Quina is...strange. IMO it has a great main cast with only one average character and one really ...strange one. Which is good compared to most FFs were only 2-3 (if that) of the good guys are interesting at all.

However, it had the worst villians. Brahne? Kuja? I'm a villian lover, and even I think they suck.

maken wrote:

okay , we know that you hate every single thing in FF8 but that doesn't make him the worst final fantasy , I think FF9 was the worst FF I ever seen ... that is what I think , not because you said it was your best FF .

Well, I do think it's the worst FF. That is my opinion; I've never tried to pass it off as anything but that. I don't hate everything about it though - It does have a lovely soundtrack.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yesh, the soundtrack was deffinetly amazing ^_^. One of the best in the series, whereas I did not hate the gameplay, it was not nearly as good as any of the others in the series. I think FFV is the worst, the gameplay was good, but the plot was horrible ^^. It's hard tochoose a worst, becuase in my opinion they're all great games.(not nearly as good as Suikoden) My Second least favorite is FFVII(7, yes, I said seven) It might be higher on my list of FF's, but because it's so goddamned overrated I have to put it alot lower then all the others. It really not that great of a game. It has a nice gameplay/battle system. Decent story, and a neat badguy. None of which require all the praise the game got.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

wow...that weebl and Bob thing was quite possibly the lamest thing i had ever seen in my life. Wow, did that suck ass
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The first disc of Final Fantasy IX really impressed me. It had tonnes of nostalgia in it from old-school Final Fantasy games. References were abound everywhere; the return to the near medieval theme was a great turn for me, and the whole mist situation was really promising. Vivi as the black mage, and the skill system, soundtrack and main characters were all great. And on the first disc, I think you only just saw Kuja once - on which he could have led a decent onslaught of carnage and evilness.

However, it went downhill from there; they butchered the whole Kuja/clone/invasion/Garland situation...the story kept feeling re-used and re-used.

I could go on, but I really have probably said too much for those who want to play it for the first time. But basically when I started playing it, I was quite impressed, in honesty I thought it was fantastic, but then it sadly got worse and worse :(

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Rheo

Here and There

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

See, FF8 is really the game you either worship or absolutely hate.

I think the characters and plot ruin the game for me...

I have the same problem with the FFX cast, I dislike most of the main characters. In FFX, I hate Yuna and Tidus, dont like Kimari (or something like that) and Rikku and Wakka, dont care about Lulu and Auron. In FF8, I hate Riona and Squall and Zell, dont like Selphie, dont really care about Quistis and Irving. I dont feel any attachment to any characters, and that is a big problem in RPG. Its a Role Playing Game. You laugh with the character, you cry with the character, you make friends and you lose them. And FF used to do that really well. FF6 has some of the best characters ever; the reason I like FF7 despite some of its flaw is because of the characters; even FFT, a tactical game, got more character developments than FF8 and 10.

The plot of FF8 feels like it was badly pieced together... I have the feeling that the staff of FF8 worked on the graphics so hard that, they finally realized they forgot to write an actual plotline for the game at the very last minute. So many things in the games come out of nowhere. All of a sudden all of us turned out to be orphans, have grown up together, and wow, lo and behold, our enemy was actually our teacher!!!!! We just forgot about it!!!! but now all of a sudden, because the plot cant advance if we dont, so we regain the memory!!!!
is that supposed to be a plot twist?

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm downloading this the day it hits www.animesuki.com or some other anime fansubber site.

Depending on how good it is, I'll buy the dvd when it comes here. If it is bad, I'm not touching that dvd.
Maken

Dust Mages

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Did you hear the news ???

http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2004/1677.html

it will start in Venice festival soon .
Gwendal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*Sigh* I`ve never understood why so many people dislike Tidus...I thought he was an okay main character, and a good contrast to Squall and Cloud. I liked the scene where he yells at Auron at Luca...he really seems like a typical teenager in that scene. :)

I don`t understand why they had to use the grandfather of all tired, over-used plot twists in that scene, though...

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tidus is insanely annoying. The worst FF goes to either 8 or 10-2...FF7 is overrated yes...

I thinkg 6 and 9 are the best...ironically theyre basically clones of each other

Locke=Zidane
Terra=Garnet
Cyan=Steiner
Kefka=Kuja(although Kuja thought more...Kefka was like a weak, magic using Luca Blight)

Freya was more of a homage to Kain from FF4 too

in anycase..i liked them both
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gwendal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I`d think the worst FF is probably the first one on the NES(that comic strip thing has made it more famous, though, hasn`t it?), but I`ll agree about X-2 being the worst of the newer ones. I still think it`s a decent game, but it could and should have been much, much better.

Brotherhood of Strife; Fate

311768 Potch
11 Soldiers
724673 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't really dislike or hate any of the final fantasy games. I know that many things could be greatly approved, but I still believe it had many great things.

My favorite Final Fantasy has to be FF9 because I loved the stroyline and I grew to love and appreciate the characters (I really enjoyed Vivi, all of that clumsy falling and he is so fun, but then the black mage thing made me feel sad for him).

I also do not see Tidus as a bad person, but I also attempt to put myself in his shoes and see what I think. I thought that what he went through would be kinda hard to get through, but that is just me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: