Suikoden Ugly and Irenic Knowledge Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Blizzard in the midwest
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flare

Flying Bolts of Doom

680830 Potch
3700 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:01 am    Post subject: Blizzard in the midwest Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So, did anyone else get hit by the ginormous snowstorm that I'm calling a blizzard even though it's technically not a blizzard? We got out of school yesterday and it got called off for tomorrow yesterday. There's at least a foot of snow on the ground, if not 2. IL hasn't had this much snow for about 7 or 8 years, at least in my area. It's insanity.
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am right in the middle of it. I was sent home from work today, and it seems like we'll be closed tomorrow. Outside, snow has covered everything till the horizon (I live out in the boonies).
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm just getting hit by it now. It started snowing 4 hours ago here, and there's already almost 2 inches on the ground. It's supposed to stop around early Thursday morning. They're calling for around 24-35 inches. It's encompassing the entire Northern part of the US not just the mid-west.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't see any of it coming out to the northeast, at least not where I'm at and not in large quantities. That's fine by me. The last time we really got a lot of snow dumped on us, it took me 2 whole days to shovel my driveway out. With no snowblower and no snowmobile, snow has really lost a lot of its charm for me, especially when I have to work in it.

~Uguu!~
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's not the entire northeast actually. I live in New York and I've got something like a quarter inch of icy snow on my lawn and nothing but wet roads. It's pretty lame, I'm stuck home with a fever, I'd like something pretty to look at.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wait huh? I'm in New Hampshire, and and we're getting hit hard. Almost 3 1/2 inches in only a few hours.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow....lots of snow.

Here in Ireland we rarely get snow and when we do it is usually gone within a day!
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm in PA, and it sounds like I'm getting hit, but its hard to tell since I only have one small window in my room. From what I can see it's a couple inches, and there's either freezing rain or lots of termites by the sound of things.

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Freezing Rain with the snow will be hell. It'll just make it that much worse to shovel, and make the roads that much more dangerous.

And Iskas, that's how it's been for most of this winter. Maybe an inch of snow here or there, but in a day or two, it's completely gone. This is the second really big snowstorm all season.

Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Considering I just woke up because I cracked the window a bit before sleeping and woke up because I was cold...Yeah, I'd say I'm in the middle of it. Brr. I don't know how much snow we got today, but I know it was a lot. The snow outside my doorway is up to my knees, though I think that's drifted. And the snow on the ground from January and on the ground; there's not much of it, but it's been there. All my classes were open yesterday though, and I expect the same to happen today - even though it's Valentines and if anything would be the perfect holiday to have school off. :mrgreen: Although I don't know why they bothered - very few people showed up in the heavy snow and nearly if not over 30 mile per hour winds. With all the drifting on the roads, I think a lot of people just couldn't drive it. But they kept it open anyway.

But then, my school is pretty darn scroogish with breaks. I only get one break in the entire semester, and it's Spring Break. Not a single other day off. And since we already had one snow day after a blizzard a couple months ago, I don't think we'll get another unless they can't literally get the doors to the resident halls open due to the snow. :*laugh*:

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I hope you all enjoy shoveling it! Now you'll know what I go through nearly every day of winter! xD

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2327939 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

YES! we got cancelled from school! The last time it snowed (2 weeks ago or something) we didn't get cancelled even though all the little kiddies did *grumbles* =_=

I'm rather in the middle eastern part of the US and ours was more of an ice storm then anything...if I recall correctly...the news/weather people said we haven't had anything like this since 1999.....

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, my work was called off as well. sweet
ard

Einherjar

804051 Potch
178 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Some people have all the luck of the world. :(

Like Iskas said, we rarely have any snow in Western-Europe. I wish we had snow and storms or more prefferably, both at the same time more often yet here we are stuck with temperate weather and loads of rain. Enjoy the mayhem and pretty whiteness while you can! In the meantime i'll be seeing green with envy.
Malt Hitman

31st H.R. Regiment: The 31st Wrecking Crew

9905 Potch
0 Soldiers
5035 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A couple good inches fell where I live but it wasn’t enough to cause any major closings of schools or businesses. It did do a little havoc on the roads yesterday when it snowed all day and the assistance provided by the high winds in cutting down visibility didn’t help the situation but that didn’t last.

Aside from having all of that slush on the roads again it’s pretty nice outside.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: