Suikoden United and Infamous Knowledge Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Leknaat's location
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:19 am    Post subject: Leknaat's location Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

We first saw Leknaat in an ornate, indiscreet palace in the Scarlet Moon Empire. Now supposedly, she was in hiding from Harmonia for some time, so this baffles me. On top of that, after her involvement in the Gate Rune war, she picks up and leaves.

My question is: Where is she now, and where was she before Suikoden 1?

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Shes in a tower somewhere apparently. It could be near/in The Grassland/Zexen, or it could be on the other side of the world, I don't think anyone knows.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh, I'm sure SOMEONE can figure it out. And if not, then why did she move anyway?

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe her old tower smelled or something.

Anyhow, Leknaat was living in the Magician's Isle... a secluded island far to the Northeast edge of the Scarlet Moon Empire, unreachable by normal means, and protected by powerful magic wards. So yeah, she was hiding pretty well.

She left after the Gate Rune Wars because Hellion stole her job.
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I know Hellion stole her job, but did she actually move? I suppose it makes sense if she did, since she made all the wards and what not to protect her from Windy.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Did Hellion steal her job or just get it after Leknaat left it?
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, she moved to another tower. It has a different shape than the tower in the Magician's Isle. But there's basically no information on where exactly it was. We'll probably never learn, either.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Anyhow, Leknaat was living in the Magician's Isle... a secluded island far to the Northeast edge of the Scarlet Moon Empire, unreachable by normal means, and protected by powerful magic wards. So yeah, she was hiding pretty well.

But wasn't she hiding from Harmonia? Scarlet Moon only seceded from Harmonia in IS 230, while the Gate Rune village was destroyed in IS 70. Was she really there right under their noses all that time?

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, we don't know how long Leknaat has been living at the Magician's Isle. She may have been there for centuries, but she may also have been there for only a few decades. We simply don't know.

Also, It's not like Harmonia knew Leknaat anyways-- she was just one of the many people who lived in the Gate Rune Village, and Harmonia wouldn't know about her if she has escaped. So, it wouldn't be too hard for her to hide if she wanted to (especially with her skill in magic), but also, Leknaat isn't her real name-- or properly, her name used to be different when she was a member of the Gate Rune Clan (this name is unknown, though). That's why Windy didn't go after her to get her other half of the Gate Rune. She simply didn't know.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Seemed a bit strange that an imperial mission to recieve star readings from the country practically now run by Windy. That was pretty subtle if that's true Vex.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Considering Harmonia's habit of wanting true runes, I'd find it odd that they wouldn't have been actively searching for her and/or Windy. Or were they? Windy's actions over that time period weren't exactly inconspicuous, so I would think they'd've been hot on her trail. I guess it just doesn't add up.

However, back to the original topic, what I was wondering was whether Leknaat is on this plane at all. Her half of the gate rune in Suikoden 1 was able to send back the myriads of creatures Windy summoned. Could it not also be used to transport her to another plane herself?

6724 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd say that's possible, Yvl. It's right in keeping with the rune.

It also brings up a point. In Suikoden V her appearances seemed to be illusions or something. Like she wasn't really there. I imagine that would work through some kind of magical Astral Projection of sorts. (Transparent, Voice was muffled/staticy) Now in Suikoden I and II I never got this impression, and always assumed she merely transported in in the flesh and that teleported out again. I'd be very dissapointed to learn that Leknaat's appearances in previous games were merely Astral Projections too.
EggMan

Ordo Lusus

167874 Potch
250 Soldiers
180 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

It also brings up a point. In Suikoden V her appearances seemed to be illusions or something. Like she wasn't really there. I imagine that would work through some kind of magical Astral Projection of sorts. (Transparent, Voice was muffled/staticy) Now in Suikoden I and II I never got this impression, and always assumed she merely transported in in the flesh and that teleported out again. I'd be very dissapointed to learn that Leknaat's appearances in previous games were merely Astral Projections too.

I never got that impression of her. She always seemed fully clear and just as she would in the other Suikodens (except Suikoden III of course).

I think she stayed in the Tower on the Magician's Isle because it seems like that was where she was in the picture at the end of Suikoden III, though I may be wrong. It was hard to tell by just one picture plus its from their back so I couldn't really tell if it was Leknaat.

"I think we are blind. Blind people who can see, but do not see."
Jowy Atreides

486378 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vextor wrote:
Also, It's not like Harmonia knew Leknaat anyways-- she was just one of the many people who lived in the Gate Rune Village, and Harmonia wouldn't know about her if she has escaped. So, it wouldn't be too hard for her to hide if she wanted to (especially with her skill in magic), but also, Leknaat isn't her real name-- or properly, her name used to be different when she was a member of the Gate Rune Clan (this name is unknown, though). That's why Windy didn't go after her to get her other half of the Gate Rune. She simply didn't know.

Leknaat is known to be Windy's sister.

Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:57 am; edited 2 times in total
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It said that in the game??? Wowzorz!! That's bizarre though... because then Windy'd go ahead and kill Leknaat. And stuff I read won't make sense either....
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: