Suikoden Urgent and Irrational Keystone Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Under-rated Suikoden IV characters [spoilers]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mishia

Arcania Orion

109 Potch
89 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would say I liked Hero 4 and Helmut. I though a lot of characters in SIV was underrated. Especially since Snowe had the most character developement....
Kohaku

Red Veil

309182 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

....Amaria. I used her a lot of time. She's a good character and I compare her with Flik or camus, because she's that type (swordwielder who's also good with magic). Simply spoken, I never let her go of my party after I got her, but to tell you the truth, the first thing that attract me to her is her clothing.

...I also used Mitsuba a lot. At a time I tried to level up all of my character into 40s (well that takes quite some times) and I found out that Mitsuba excel most character in term of strength.

I also like Flare...as you can see from above, I had a habit of never put in male character when I got the chance, so the three is my main party. Flare is good with her bow, and she's a competent magic user. well, but I have to admit that I used her mostly because of her look, she looks like a pure girl with a strong personality. Too bad she's not well-developed, as well as some other character I like.

Enjoy.

The Plateau Wolves

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I will give you my three most underrated characters from Suikoden IV.

#3 Wendel
I am happy to hear that other people appreciate her talents as well. I've heard so many complaints about her it's not even funny. Most of the complaining was that she had too low of an HP level. Her bonuses of being fast and powerful more than make up for that though. If you level her up some, and upgrade her weapon, then you should have no problem using her in battles. If your opponent is dead before they can hit her then there is no reason to worry about her low HP.

#2 The Mermaids
I really liked Lilan, Lilen, Lilon, Lilin, and Liloon. My favorite being Lilin, simply because she was the first one recruited. I admit that I didn't put much use to them the first time I played the game, but I found their accessory shop to be invaluable during my second time through the game.
Some of the accesories you can have made there are not found anywhere else in the game. Finding some of the materials needed to craft the accessories was a bit time consuming, but well worth it. The pearl jewlery was what most of my characters were wearing, if they could equip it they had it.

And now for my #1 most underrated character....

Mr. Ramada!
He may not have been a character that you were physically capable of using, but he was very useful. Think about it, if it hadn't been for him and his poor bird, you would not have gotten the information that you needed on Fort El Eal. He risked his life to go on those dangerous missions to make up for what he did earlier in the game, and he nearly died for it. Also, if it weren't for him Cray would have killed Elenor. (Which, IMO, would not have been such a horrible loss. I didn't like her much.)

"If somebody's trying to shut you up, sing louder and, if possible, better."
OptimisticPessimist

Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

84561 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Soria wrote:
Also, if it weren't for [Ramada] Cray would have killed Elenor. (Which, IMO, would not have been such a horrible loss. I didn't like her much.)

LOL. She is, after all, your strategist.

But I guess you were happy in the end when Elenor died (?) alongside Cray in the explosion of the Fort El-Eal.
Soria

The Plateau Wolves

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wasn't happy per se. It's not like I started cheering or anything, but I wasn't grief-stricken either. I was more like "Oh, she's gone, oh well." and then proceded to finish the game. I didn't say I hated her, but more of a strong dislike. I found that her attitude got on my nerves a little, I'm not sure why though. She seemed to bring my mood down, I think it was the sour look she always had on her face. We all have characters that we dislike.

"If somebody's trying to shut you up, sing louder and, if possible, better."
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought that the cats were really fun to play as. I don't know if they are underrated though.
Percival

Go Go Power Rangers

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree that most SIV charas are underrated. You always see Ted, Snowe or Kika in people's parties =p

Eugene is a badass. Slap a Violence Rune on him and mmmmm...
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay, my two cents:

Millay - became one of my candidates as Elenor's party members. Decent strength, enough magic to earn her a third rune slot, above average skill and luck, and high speed. She's really a great asset. Being cute helps a lot too. She's in my final party below Level 60.

Ameria - Almost like Millay, except she has lower speed and luck. She another one I put in Elenor's party.

Reinbach - I haven't seen anyone mention Reinbach at all. If Reinbach had an awesome speed, he would be one of the top-notch offensive attackers. Both high in skill and luck so it's practically like 90% critical hit rate. Drawback is that he can only equip two runes because of his Red Rose Rune.

Wendel - I find Wendel much more useful than Maxine or Jeane. It's because of her high speed. Only Wendel and Ted are the only fast mages in the game (Sigurd too at Level 99) and Wendel has the highest speed among them. Only drawback is that she has high affinities only in Lightning and Wind.

Chiepoo - Yes, the cat... At first, I was really irritated by him because his physical strength gets pretty low, but then I noticed it dramatically increases between Level 60 and Level 99. He had about 186 PWR at Level 99. Add to that his high luck and above average skill, plus his high speed is a great help. He's basically a stronger version of Reinbach (higher power and speed, lower skill) but he has one big advantage and that is the ability to equip three runes. Goblin Set + 3 Power Rings + Fury + Double-strike + Warrior = major pwnage.
Dura Sinai

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I put in Eugene simply out of pity..... and surprise surprise he was a fairly decent fighter/mage. Not the best strength but when his weapon is improved that becomes a bit less of a hinderance and I did something I mention below to boost that. He has the permanant Firefly rune which is a major flow but he does get the HP and defense to not crumple and die. He also has rather decent evasion, even in later levels that seems to still go upward.

So how to counter the permanant firefly rune? Well, have a healer. Someone is going to need to do this. However that means hero can abuse his rune with less fear of being struck down. Also this worked nicely later on with the angel hairballs whcih had the virtual instant kill lightning spell...... simply use lv 2 earth spell on him and the spell will target him and do no harm. Whenever possible I took him into those chest battles.

Also once that third rune slot opens up even more fun can come from firefly (Before that I use him for fire magic as that is where his affinity is best)..... give him a violence rune. With everything attacking him chances are decent he is going to activate that rune. Now even with a character on the weakish side he is going to seem a bit more useful.

So yeah, I made decent use of a very average character. It is easy to make use of kika and ted and jeane and such. Hecdk Ted is probably the BEST character in the game statwise. He's like suiko 1&2's heroes in absurd power.
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Aldo- I don't know his stats, all I know is that he was strong and cool to have around (his "friendship" with Ted made me think of Tir, and anyone that reminds me of Tir is automatically AWESOME!)

Ameria- My favorite S4 character, higher speed, magic, and strength than Kika. She did 575 against the giant tree on a regular attack. Fury and Rage rune on her make her awesome.

Akaghi- Everyone hates him, and I won't lie, I did too, until I saw him change after Ramada "died". I was very surprised with him. (On a side note, the death of Ramada's bird was the second most touching moment in S4...which brings me to my next point.)

Colton- Could Colton have been cooler without turning into McDohl? I THINK NOT! "It is my generation that must secure your future." and "In order to thrive you must survive." Colton just kicks ass.

Helmut- Like his father, Helmut is on the list of awesome, yet unmentioned characters. Battle-wise I don't think he was much, but I didn't use him so I wouldn't know.

Overall, I would say that Suikoden 4 surpassed 3 in character greatness.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Reideen

Silver Arrow

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well....I liked taking Schtoltenheim Reinbach III. into my party because he was pretty strong and I never regret , taking him into my party when I had to choose one.
apathy

14000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

after a qiuck review of the fav character threads i didn't see anything about Selma. first of all she is an elf which makes her cool to me. also when her levels are in the mid 80's she is an above average fighter and magic user. i always try to use characters who can fight well and use magic well, and she was one of them.

Executors of Divine Providence

22038 Potch
0 Soldiers
5678 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You mention Selma, but what about Paula?

She's better than Selma in terms of looks as well... lol A LOT better. Paula is ultra-well rounded for a character. She does really good magical damage, and she's able to do pretty good damage in terms of her physical attack, as well... Provided that you sharpen her sword, AND put a double-strike rune on her. In fact, at higher levels (near 60), she likes to land a lot of criticals, as well, easily making her as deadly as Snowe. Really, There isn't much more you can ask for out of a character... Cute, and she's well-rounded. :wink:

Kenneth was also the same way, and though I never used Jewel or Tal, I can make the same assumptions about them. Paula pretty much never came out of my party until near the end of the game. And she was in my party against the final boss.

People didn't like Mitsuba? Mitsuba was like having another Lino en Kuldes in your party... Put a double-strike rune on her, and let her hack away. She had some major power, and was a great asset.

Oh yeah, Lino was also just as good as Snowe, if not better. The only thing that he lacked was the unite... Which was DEADLY when you got to the last boss.

Helmut was mentioned. Good, all of these characters do great damage with that double-strike rune on. Don't forget Sigurd, either. This guy landed criticals like it was going out of style. With a drain rune, water rune, and double-strike rune, this guy was a great addition to any party.

Kika... OVER-RATED :P I used her a whole lot when I first got her, but she wes just kinda' meh. Mizuki was in my final boss party, but Kika didn't even make it in the support party.

But, you know who did? Flare. Not only arguably the best looking female in the game, (I think Paula and Mizuki come pretty darn close,) but she's another incredibly well-rounded character. She has a nice unite with Lino en Kuldes, that does some decent damage. (Nothing next to the True Friend Attack, but oh well...) She's also really good at magic. She's a lot like having another Paula in your party. (Not as good at physical attacks, though.) She's made a lot more useful with a double-strike rune, though.

Of course, I think I had a double-strike rune on all eight of the last party. If you're wondering where the potch came from, it's called Noah, Prosperity rune, Runes of Obel. If you're at an average of LV 61, (at least THREE at 61, the 4th at 60,) and someone has a slash rune on, you can flash for 18000 potch a battle. (Gotta' smack around Reinhold, first! :P )

Happily Married to the Lovely Lady Chris Lightfellow! :D
Dragonstar13

13th Dragon brigade

493466 Potch
5000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I personally have a soft spot for Keneth and Paula. They're both good all-around characters. They may not exceed the others in terms of strength, magic and defense, but they're good to have around if you don't know what's coming. Character-wise, I had a soft spot for them both. Keneth always spoke with some logic, and Paula was just so polite and formal.
Tal and Jewel I like as well. Tal I begun to see as a someone who can get others to care, while Jewel has a lot of spirit. Both of them are good attackers as well, so it's good to have them as well. They both seem to level up quite quickly as well.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

During my first playthrough; when i didn't recruit all the stars, I found Mitsuba and Izak invaluabe against Graham Cray.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: