Suikoden Unique and Irrational Knowledge Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What was your Favorite cameo?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inactive07

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:23 pm    Post subject: What was your Favorite cameo? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was browsing the forums, being new, looking at all the "favorite ___" threads. I noticed one missing(unless it just hid itself from me, that is).A really cool aspect, IMO, of the entire Suikoden series is the large number of returning characters and cameos. What is your favorite returning character or cameo from any Suikoden game, and why?
Atavaka

Werewolf Brigade

Location: Fort Retto, which just got a Senseo Cappucino Maker ^_^
0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Probably Tir McDohl in Suikoden II. He's the most nostalgic character I've ever played as in any game.

Why? Well, it's not too often that you get to play as the main protagonist in a sequel. Plus, Tir is a very nice character and has just the right type of sad aura surrounding him to make you remember the times you had playing the original Suikoden.

A close second place goes to the Star Dragon Sword in Suikoden II. I have no idea why I like that sword so much, but for some reason or another, the dialogue between him and Viktor always made me smile.

Viktor and Flik were neat as returning characters, too, but it frustrated me to no end as I realized how much of the story they took up. I think I'mone of the only people who wanted the game to center more around new characters than old returning ones.
Blackjack

78881 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sarah in Suikoden II.

She was my favorite character in Suikoden I, and I had pretty much given up all hope of seeing her, since she was a very, very minor character in the first game. And then I got to Gregminster, and went into the inn. And there she was! I was incredibly happy just to see her...And then I went and talked to her, and she gave me a Cyclone Rune.

And I loved her even more :D

YES. YES IT CAN.

"Life is not a having and a getting, but a being and a becoming." -- Myrna Loy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Weyoun

Jem'Hadar

221521 Potch
100 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My top favorite would have to be Victor and Flik coming back in Suikoden 2. I was so happy when i was reading what ??? was saying after Riou woke up from jumping of Tenzon Pass, then i saw Flik and i was even more happy.

Second would have to be Tir McDohl, i was pretty happy puting "The Team" (Flik, Victor, and McDohl) back together again. I especially loved the Soul Eater, made the final boss easier. (especially when i did the most weirdest thing i only took Riou and McDohl to beat the final boss and i won just with that).

Third would have to be Tuta coming back to Suikoden 3. I never used him in any of my partys in Suikoden 2 eccept of coarse going to Ryube earlier in the game. he was useful in the last dungeon as a support character.

And last Luc coming back in Suikoden 2 and 3. I noticed he got more mature going into the different games and i was very surprised by hearing my brother say when i was playing Suikoden 3 for the first time that the masked bishop was Luc. I was surprised that he died at the end but he deserved it.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Wolf Stew

Riders on the Storm

29081 Potch
43 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Generally speaking, I think just being able to go back to Gregminster in Suikoden 2 was really cool. To walk around the city, see how it had changed, and encounter some of the characters from Suikoden 1 (even though most of them didn't have in-game artwork when they spoke!), it was just really cool. I'm surprised that neither S3 or S4 brought back any of the old cities in a similar way. It's a missed opportunity, in my opinion. It's cool to do something like that for the long-time fans of the series. I understand that it's important to move on to new things, but it's also nice to look back a little bit once in a while.
Benit149

Covenant of Cuchulainn

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lilly from S2 was interesting to see again in S3, even though I was disappointed that she didn't remember anything. It's kind of weird to compare her young self in S2 to her bratty, spoiled self in S3, and that she isn't playable in one Suikoden but is in the other.

Futch was REALLY fun to see again from S2 to S3. Wow, did the guy change. Not only is he a full-fledged adult, but he uses Humphrey's sword and baby-sits Sharon just like how Humphrey used to watch over him. He wasn't whiny anymore like he was in S1 over Black. He's an underappreciated character when it comes to character development. :)

The same applies to Tuta from S2 to S3. Knowing how his stats grow in S2, it's a good thing he didn't quit his day job as a doctor. :lol:

Seeing everyone in Gregminster again was also enjoyable. It allowed for a little nostalgia trip without dominating the game, and the logic behind the visit was well-executed. Plus the city's music is much more lively than the 1st game's version.

I wouldn't really call Viktor and Flik cameos, as they're more like returning PCs, along with others like Clive, Hix, Tengaar, Pesmerga, Futch, Humphrey, Luc, etc. V&F had the most impact on the story at the beginning, since they started the rebellion against Highland. Once it got into full-throttle, they seemed to step down and let the pros handle it.

Benit149: First Lady of Addervon, Princess of Slight Fever, defender of the Nameless.
Mad Mage

0 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I made sure to stay clear of spoilers when Suikoden 3 was released, so I was blown away and ecstatic when the masked bishop was revealed to be Luc. I wish I had managed to avoid finding out about Ted's return in 4 so I could've been surprised again.
Sai Fujiwara

Executors of Divine Providence

22038 Potch
0 Soldiers
5678 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Viktor and Flik hands down. There is no question, nor can their be any argument to tell me otherwise. These two guys were great in Suikoden I. Flik was more a of a whiner, but he was still awesome, and Viktor was Viktor as always. If you've played Suikoden I & II, you know what I mean. The man is great to have in your party, and he's funny as heck to be around, too. Bringing them back in Suikoden II was just incredible. I was really mad when I found out that they weren't in Suikoden III. This was ok because Lady Chris more than makes up for any and all other Suikoden characters who did not return. Flik's character really developed well from I to II, and well... Viktor didn't really need to develop much, but we learned more about him, and hey... That's his personalty style, which is part of his charm on the screen. What you see, is what you get. And the man isn't afraid to speak his mind.

A close second would be Tir McDohl in Suikoden II. Too bad I can't say much about his character. That's the one thing that tends to annoy me a little bit about Suikoden games, I don't really care for a silent protagonist. But hey, I don't design the games, and I still love them for what they are. Tir really makes the game easier, but it ANNOYS THE CRAP OUT OF ME that Gregminster is sich a pain to get to... GRRRR... Should've made a shortcut after your first visit. :P

Anyone say Vincent De Boulle? No? Good.

Anyway, Luc is probaly third. He isn't anywhere NEAR as useful in Suikoden II, but in the first game... Yeah, with a Cyclone Rune, this guy was intense. He was a brat, and it was cool to see him grow up a lot, that was neat. He was also really cool and calm in Suikoden III, with the arrogant personality you would expect out of him. (Reference to his encounter with Sasarai.) He was also REALLY useful, when you got to use him, and it's a shame that you couldn't get him with some kinda' code... Man, I think a new game + would be great for Suikoden III. Where you can use all the characters at the start, like Sasarai, and always have Chris in your party... :D Life would be heaven, and I don't think I'd ever stop playing Suikoden III, if I could keep using her over and over again... *sigh* I'm so in love... :mrgreen:

Happily Married to the Lovely Lady Chris Lightfellow! :D
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

...YUBER!

Without a doubt, the coolest returning character. I hope he comes back OVER and OVER and OVER again. The only thing that bothered me is that Pesmerga was disturbingly absent in S3. I wonder if he lost the trail of our blonde friend.

Anyway, Tir, Flik, and Viktor are all great but I'm not going to repeat what everyone else said.

Sasarai, the appearance of Sasarai in S2 as a set up to his role is S3 was purely genius, we all spent years going "WHO THE HELL WAS THAT GUY AND WHAT DOES HE HAVE TO DO WITH LUC?!?!?!"

Lucia, god I love her. (I have a theory on Hugo's father which makes a TON of sense, PM me if you want to hear) She was impossible to kill in S2 and contrary to most RPG logic, she stayed good when you got to use her.

FYI, I could've done without Apple's obnoxious appearance in S1-3. However, Leon Silverberg returning in S2 to play a real part in the story was a shock and a welcome surprise.

Leknaat appearing in every game is starting to get a bit annoying though...

Clive of course made me incredibly happy to see, he was one of my favs in S1, and to bring him back in S2 (I completed his quest!) was probably one of the coolest things that they could do.

All of these cameos lead you up to one fact, Suikoden 2 is a TRUE continuation of Suikoden 1, whereas 3 just takes place later on. (Signified byt the fact that there was no "I fought beside him" or "HEY I REMEMBER YOU!" even when Lucia came into contact with Yuber (heh, I love bad fanfiction pairings)

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Excalibur1027

The Dark Ones Own Luck

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
15000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can't possibly choose only one, so I'd say my favorite returning characters/cameos are: Tir McDohl, Gremio, Viktor, and Flik in S2, and Luc, Nash, Futch, and Bright in S3.

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Pesmerga returning was great as well. Yuber and Pesmerga are my favorite characters, so seeing them again was like a wish coming true.

Clive's return was a huge plus too. And we got to learn a lot more about him in the second one, giving you that sense of completion.

ANd of course Flik and Viktor returning was great (two more of my favs).

The only one that really SURPRISED me was Lucia. I did not see her coming back as a hero in 3. Wonderful twist on Konami's part.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Valeria was nice since she's such an awesome character.

The whole Gregminster/Border thing was cool too.

Max was probably my favorite, I love that senile old codger.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, and then when Fred showed up in S3 I immediately predicted who he was.

And Kasumi was great, I used her in S1 and when she showed up I was like "YESSSSS!!!!!!"

Not to mention seeing Lepant, that was awesome.

Sheena returning was quite a surprise, and I was shocked to see how powerful he was.

Sierra Mikain

Blue Moon

19500 Potch
0 Soldiers
666 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the best cameo was Lucia coming back for Suikoden III. I didn't know hardly anything about her except that she killed me once. Amazingly enough, my party wasn't healed at all and I wasn't paying attention and she hit me with a high fire spell and killed all but one character and then it was more short work for her.

Anyways, it was really cool to get a background story on a character that appeared for a short while and made a big fuss for us. I know she was fighting to avenge her father who was poisoned by members of the City States during peace talks and that makes it even better when you get to see the area that she and her father hailed from. I was sad to see that age was taking its toll on her looks though, and the fact that she gave birth to the dumbest hero of all the games, but it still was a pleasant surprise to see her again.

I just wish I could say Sierra...

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Heh I've figured it out! The best cameo isn't from a person but from an item! And that of course is Cleo's diary!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: