Suikoden Ugly and Infamous Kibbutz Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Twelve Kingdoms

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
poorguy171

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:08 pm    Post subject: Twelve Kingdoms Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm really interested in the Twelve Kingdoms anime series, and I just wanted some information so I can get as many episodes as possible for as cheaply as possible.

1) Is the series finished? Or is it made up of multiple "seasons" (such as InuYasha)?

2) How many episodes are there (in English)?

3) Where's the best place to find the DVDs cheap?

4) Are there any box-sets that include the entire series or anything like that?

Thanks for any help!

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There are 45 episodes currently, but the show ended without a real conclusion, and one can only hope that Studio Pierrot will resume production. Originally, 68 episodes were planned.
I think the novel series the show is based on is not yet complete either.
Equus

Sindarin Speed Bumps of Rage

197132 Potch
0 Soldiers
2993 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

iscalio wrote:
There are 45 episodes currently, but the show ended without a real conclusion, and one can only hope that Studio Pierrot will resume production. Originally, 68 episodes were planned.
I think the novel series the show is based on is not yet complete either.

iscalio speaks truth. At least, as far as I know. ^_^

1) As in wrapping up the storylines that they started, there are a few that are not finished, but the major storyline revoloving around the main protagonist does reach a conclusion. The series as a whole feels somewhat incomplete, as each of the story arcs pretty much corresponds to each novel, but even at the time of animating they didn't do all of the novels. Some of the novels are side stories that involve other characters, and they only integrated two of them that I know of, but they didn't at all finish one particular storyline.

2) As iscalio said, 45 episodes.

3) Best and easiest way to find them, I think, is to buy the two premium box sets, which will get you the entire series. Not sure if you can find that many good deals on the individual DVDs since it was released a little while ago and it's not all that easy to find them anyway.

4) Not the entire series, just the two premium box sets, as far as I'm aware. Each box set averaged around $85 or so when I was looking around, though I was able to find a deal on one of them at overstock.com, which of course depends on what they have on hand and they might not have it anymore.

I believe Tokyopop is also doing English translations of the novels that are due to start coming out soon. From what my sister tells me, their translations sometimes leaves quite a but to be desired, but they will be the only way to get the original novels (and therefore get the rest of the unfinished storylines) short of web translations that are also available.

This has become one of my favorite series after my friend turned me on to it. While it wasn't the cheapest series to buy, I'm very happy after buying it. If you have any other questions, give a holler. I'd be happy to help however I can...cuz I really do like this series. ^_^
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: