Suikoden Uncanny and Infamous Keystone Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

ANOTHER Jeane Theory...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Atavaka

Werewolf Brigade

Location: Fort Retto, which just got a Senseo Cappucino Maker ^_^
0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 1:02 pm    Post subject: ANOTHER Jeane Theory... Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay, these little theories tend to pop up like wildflowers, but I decided to post my own anyways. Let's start with the commonly accepted speculations:

1. The Jeane you see in this game is not neccessarily the Jeane you saw in the other games.

2. She doesn't have a true rune (or they don't have a rune, if you prefer)

3. She could be a Sindar (or Cyndar, not sure which is official). I think we can plausibly rule this one out, considering current information on the Sindar.

So, what do I have which differs from the above? Not all that much, I'm afraid. But here it is anyways: Jeane is some sort of were-cat.

Now before you question my mental condition, consider the... evidence I've managed to gather to support this:

1. First up is Koroku's testimony in Suikoden III, in which he discovers Jeane's "true identity". We all know about the eternally persistent reputation between dogs and cats, so why wouldn't he able to tell if there's a huge talking cat-beast in front of him? Okay, so it's not direct evidence, but it still works in my context. And in many folklores, dogs can see through supernatural enhancements, mostly as opposition to the spiritual cannotations attached to cats. More on this later.

2. This one is kind of pathetic, but hey, it goes here anyways: the loading screen in Suikoden 4 which shows Jeane walking with a bunch of kitties at her ankles. Kind of and odd loading screen to just randomly show up in the game... A coincidence? I think not.

3. Multiple Jeanes bearing the same face and body, huh? Well, what do we know about cats based on common superstition? Nine lives! Is it not plausible to say that there could be nine Jeanes, each one picking up where the last one left off? Or maybe there are just simply nine Jeanes in general; who knows for sure?

4. In Japanese folklore, cats often became demons after they reached a certain age. These were known as nekomata, and they were said to have significant magical powers, especially when it comes to reanimating the dead. Well, I don't know about animating the dead, but Jeane sure does have significant magical powers... Oh, and it's also not uncommon for demons to transform into people in the Japanese mythos. In fact, cats are said to be capable of transforming into beautiful women. I'm not sure if this transformation is often described in conjunction with nekomata, but it's possible.

So, in conclusion, it's possible that Jeane is some sort of magical kitty in the shape of a human, perhaps as a nod towards Japanese folklore. Hey... maybe she's even a female nekobold! I mean have we ever really seen one before?

On second thought, I don't think I want to go there. Let's just stick with supernatural were-cat for now.
Weyoun

Jem'Hadar

221521 Potch
100 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think SARSadmin said something around the lines that there is more than 1 jeane.

Unless i read incorrectly or dont remember correctly i think the official information is that there is more that 1 jeane.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Atavaka

Werewolf Brigade

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I went with that too! It's a part of my theory :mrgreen:

Nine lives= Nine Jeanes!

Besides, don't take this too seriously. I don't really think this is the truth, just a random thought that popped into my head and I expanded on it.
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

acctually there are female Nekobolds. they are just called "woman" when you talk to them. as for Jene as a were-cat maybe...Cats (female cats) are offtend associated with sexuality and being sexy. which jene is know to be.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Vincent Chase

1st H.A.C - Spread Your Love

314554 Potch
0 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's actually pretty interesting. Think about it, you already have all sorts of crazy animals living like humans, speaking our language and having similar towns.

There's Lizards, Ducks, Octopi, Mermaids and probably a whole bunch of other weird stuff that we don't know about. I personally think that one day they might put both Jeane (and Viki) down as True Rune Bearers in the future, but not right now. It's good to keep a little mystique going around the series.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow, I can just imagine what Jeane must be like in Sokto? *coughs* Oh right, wrong forum. A whole two people are going to get that joke.

It's certainly interesting, and while it has no true evidence in the Suikoden world, it is backed up by research and I find that commendable. I can't think of anything that -dis-proves it, so it is quite as valid as any other theory out there. Never would have thought it, myself.

And I -was- wondering about those cats that followed her around. It -is- weak, but it's still interesting none the less.
Neclord

The Spectral Nightmares

163602 Potch
2 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well that is basically what I gathered from the Jeane loading screen and the fact that she mentioned her other or real form to Koroku. That she was a cat, but I didn't think of a were-cat, I thought more along the lines of a witch's familiar, they were cats that had magical powers and could transform into different forms if i'm not mistaken, or was it they are humans that can change into cats? I forget exactly. The were-cat idea is probably a better one considering it has roots in Japan with the nekomata. We know there are werewovles in the Suikoden world so it makes it plausable.

That is really the best explanation for the cats following Jeane, unless she is a walking catnip plant.

You must not fear death, my lads; defy him, and you drive him into the enemy's ranks.
~ Napoleon Bonaparte
Atavaka

Werewolf Brigade

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm... Walking catnip plant you say? It's possible...

Egads! You might've stumbled onto another theory!
Rune of Knowledge

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Some assumptions about both Vicki and Jeane.

There is also the possiblity that they never really thought much about them in the first place...but by the time the two characters were highly flavored...it's kind of hard to just keep their background as simple as some other characters. They were merely another star with a simple fact...not much were known about them in the beginning and even until now. Maybe due to fans/creator(s) interest in them after rethinking about part one...they were brought back...with little bits of info about them slowly unrevealed. If you recall all the series...we weren't able to use either of them in fights in part one...viki was usable in two, but not jeane...and she wasn't a usable character until three or four(can't seem to recall). They might have not even think much of the details about them...which I doubt, but if they did, they don't really know which bg(s) to choose from...how can you when they're so popular among the fans...and continue to be more and more popular as the series goes on. As for a family of Jeane...that's just going to blow most of us off...common seriously. I would be...or if small viki and big vicki were two different person...it just means that there is a family of vicki look alike teleporting everywhere...that's just too simple in a dumb way. If more were released about, it should be something really interesting...or satisfying to the fans.

Although, they did say that Jeane ageless trait doesn't stem from a True rune...I personally think that it would have been a great fact if she was one of the true rune. A rune that is different from the others...in which it can changes it form...so technically she is the rune itself. Which...doesn't necessarily means that her agelessness stem from a rune...since she is the true rune...for example...let say...the ultimate medicine which cures everything turn into a human being...and whoever touches it are heal. That medicine person can never get sick, but it isn't because of a medicine that causes it to be immune to all sickness like how true runes grant agelessness, but they themself don't rust now do they?...so does it means that they stem from a true rune to stay like that?...which is kind of weird...that's like saying soap are clean because they clean me...it's immune to all sickness...mainly because it is the ultimate medicine himself/herself...if you think about it in that sense. Confusing...but I think director can words are twisted sometimes...they says things that are very indirect at times...or sound direct, until they reveal it and says, "Oh, you didn't read between the lines."
genne_atreides

Alma_kinan_girl

3000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think... Jeane is a UNICORN...
* How about it??*That my theory, want to know??
genne_atreides

Alma_kinan_girl

3000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*Deleted for posting same text elsewhere*
Vince Muerto

The Cool Guy Regiment

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's an interesting theory. It's more interesting than just having a bunch of Jeanes that all look the same and have the same name.
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The cat theory is just plain stupid, she probalbly would have been shown too have more cat like characteristics if that was the case - lazing about all day, being the useless animals that they are.

The unicorn theory on the other hand, well I'm not quite sure what he means by aura around Jeane but it is a possibility, more so than her being a cat especially if all that stuff about the aging of unicorns is true.
Dura Sinai

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My Jeane theory is that at the rate she loses clothing in each game incarnation, I think she may be pushing fully nude by Suikoden VI.

Why a silly theory? Because I doubt we are ever going to get a full explanation for her. I think Viki is more likely and even she is a longshot.
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think we have to worry about Jeane and Viki's past etc. being explained, but I worry about whether it'll be done in one of the games that gets translated. Viki featured in one of the Suikogaidens and quite a bit was revealed about her but it is only thanks to suikosource that we know even that much. Konami may decide to explain these characters in a standalone game rather than a regular Suikoden, and that may never leave Japan.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: