Suikoden Urgent and Informational Kraalesque Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Not another Viki thread... (might seem like spoilers...)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Emissary Peregrine

First Corps of Royal Emissaries

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:13 pm    Post subject: Not another Viki thread... (might seem like spoilers...) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I know what you're thinking, "Oh, no another Viki thread. Everyone please stop."

But this thread is not about Viki.

It's about that big honkin' mirror she always sets up.
She always pulls her mirror out of nowhere, and it, like her, has had a few design (costume) changes. But I encourage you to take a look at the mirror in Suikoden 4, where she sets it up by the Rear Deck Entrance on the second deck. It now look's like her; it has blue and yellow stripes on white background. What's my point? The top. Go ahead, take a look, no need to be shy. What is at the zenith of the entire mirror?

A sideways "W".

I think we all are thinking what this means...
I thought "Waffu", the first time, and still think it.
But why sideways?
Or could it mean (doubtfully) sigma?

Could Waffu be her unnamed world's title, the mirror being a gate into it?
Could Waffu be the real owner of the mirror, or the one who crafted it?
Could Waffu be a family title of Viki's family?
Could Waffu be (I doubt it) a lost love?
Could Waffu be the ultimate end which this time/space traveler is destined to meet?

Beats me. I just thought the "W" is an interesting twist worth pointing out.

-Will Rogers

Take the diplomacy out of war and the thing would fall flat in a week.

-Ibid.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd have to have it be the ultimate end of time and space. I see a horrible looking anthrophmorpical waffle, with a devilish face and a giant hammer.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The Emissary Peregrine

First Corps of Royal Emissaries

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay, that's a whole lot more disturbing than any of mine.

But hey, I'm an open minded kind of guy.

-Will Rogers

Take the diplomacy out of war and the thing would fall flat in a week.

-Ibid.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Orion the Mage

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe its an E?
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It might be a Sindarin letter. I can't find my Sindarin letter guide, but I'm sure someone else has the magazine with the translation key or the scanned picture of it.

On a side note, I'm convinced that no one working on Suikoden can write good English. If the letter on the mirror really is a 'W' I wouldn't be surprised. Gadget Z has a sideways 'Z' painted on his side, after all. Maybe the people of Suikoden write sideways?

^Actual quote!
Patriarch

Queendom Nomads

15629 Potch
149 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

didn't Viki get that mirror get that miror from someone in suikoden 1?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No Viki set the mirror up herself, you get the blinking mirror from Hellion which is different, though I always thought that the mirror was just the place where you come out from the blinking mirror too.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well... Viki's mirror and costume designs do change in every dimension. Maybe they're just all missing Viki's of different dimensions! :shock: LOL!

But for me, waffu could be the only clue to who she really is. She's as elusive as Jeane from the detectives....

The Blinking mirror has a 'W'? I'll go check. It could be that it's another clue but I can't help but wonder what 'waffu... reffu...' means... she says that in her sleep.

Rincewind

Architect of the Pass - Phoenix Regiment

1500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Could Waffu... Reffu... be something lost in translation from the Japanese? Does anyone know if it is pronouced the same way in the Japanese version of the game?
Hell_Fire

3000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No idea but this is pretty interesting. I never looked into it this much.

Suikoden Role Play - Players wanted
Heeero

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Waffu is probably a misstranslation of waffle. Viki is probably either european, or supposed to be somebody from OUR world.

Just think about it a little bit, she can enter and exit Their World as she pleases, and seems to travel oddly in time. (The bath with Jeanne, in every game with bath diologs she has had a diolog with Jeanne) The young her knows more of what is going on then the old her. she mentions something that sounds suspiciously like being from the future in suikoden three at least the young one does.

Also Jeane is obviously a Geni or a Djin. She even looks like the sterotypical female Geni. Heh, she probably also has a true rune, but might not. She even mentions to koroku that he knows her secrit.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

With the sheer amount of people who translate the original Japanese version, including our own SARSadmin, it'd become common knowledge extremely quickly if the word 'Waffu' with a capital 'W' was a mere translation of the mundane food item know as a waffle.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: