Suikoden United and Irrational Kosher Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

About Jeane's family?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, we have to accept that although all Jeanes sort of look the same, the fact is we can't verify that they're the same physically. (Was it just me or did Jeane in Suikoden IV get a bit of a... erm, boost in comparison to the others?)

And, also, we have no real glimpse of her personality and each glimpse was different. Suikoden I acted completely normal, Suikoden II's couldn't stop laughing, I don't know about Suikoden III's and Suikoden IV's acted a lot more flirty.

But, I still don't believe in the Jeane Family Theory. Not because of the Genetic Mendelian law of Independent Assortment (because Konami wouldn't bother looking it up, and presumably wouldn't give a toss about it even if they did) but because of the fact that we know from Suikoden III that she has a 'secret', that's visible to dogs. That CAN'T be the fact that her family all look the same. It has to be something else based on that clue alone.

But, if she was a succubus... you'd think she'd do a bit more succubusing and a bit less rune-work. Besides, she's a runemistress, I'd be more surprised if she didn't have a special one somewhere.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I guess you're right, John Layfield... The evidences on her differences really do separate each one. So could it be another reasone. Unfortunately, i can't think up of any more theories besides that.

If she really was a demonic entitiy she could be just a shapeshifter... other than a succuvbu. Or possibly only half-demonic and half-human. But that's all speculation. I don't ave enough evidence to back any of these up.

Maybe the next Suikoden would reveal something about it...

Ninjar

The Shins

247440 Potch
1500 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

VikiFanatic wrote:
To me, the "Jeane Family" theory is kind of unbelieveable. It kind of goes against the Genetic Mendelian law of Independent Assortment which refers to the fact that NO human being is the same. But we're not sure if she's really human. She might be getting rides from a certain someone just to appear in another Suikoden *eyes Viki*... But i'm not entirely sure.

Identical twins look the same :P
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Identical twins look the same

Well. If you'd like to know. the law states that no two persons are EXACTLT the same. That includes emotions, interests and way of thinking. So do their finger prints! I just want to conclude my theory.... Though they may look somewhat similar, doesn't mean they are the same... and NO family can have successive births of identical people... :|

Hrestelan

44244 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've mentioned in another thread my Jeane=Jinn thoughts and I'm gonna do it again. For those who don't know, in japanese Jeane and Jinn are pretty much the same spelling. Ok, so what is a Jinn?

Feel free to have a look: http://www.geocities.com/WestHollywood/Park/6443/Jinn/faq.html

Among all the random things on that FAQ I especially point to #13:

Quote:

Question 13: Is it true that animals see jinn and angels?

Yes. Animals do see angels and shaitan. When a rooster sees an angel, it starts crowing. However, when a donkey starts braying it is seeing a jinn.

*coughKorokucough*

Also, it would be quite scary if Jeane was some sort of demon living amongst mankind. I think Konami may have based Jeane on that Jinn stuff. If only because the name gave them the idea. By the time of Suikoden I, when Jeane was first created, I don't think they even thought of making any background for Jeane, she was only the character placed at the runeshop. But because of her return in 2, someone probably noticed the name and went on with the joke.

In Suikoden, many names do have a meaning and it isn't overlooked by the developers. Crowley and Pesmerga come to mind. This is just speculation, but right now it's my bet on Jeane.
Captain Hero

Forsaken Elites

194469 Potch
361 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It doesn't sound farfetched at all! So maybe the theories about Jeane being a "jinn" or a demon might be correct! Nice! haha, Jeane said something about her secret to Koroku and the fact that animals see angels and jinn, it has a connection. :D

Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Captain Hero wrote:
the fact that animals see angels and jinn, it has a connection. :D

Which fact is that? It's not even a fact that angels and jinns existed. And if we want to go with the page that Hrestelan showed, I would point to:

#3. It is not known therefore, their final shape, form, and chemical composition. Since we cannot see them, therefore, it is not easy to do any analysis of their chemical nature.

and

#4. One group of scholars believe that jinn do not have bodies of their own.

to show that we can't see jinns. Yet, we can see Jeane. So it's quite impossible for Jeane to be a jinn.

Then to #5. Yes. Jinn do die. To show that Jeane is supposed to be ageless, and would not die naturally. If Jeane is a jinn, she's still supposed to die naturally because her agelessness is already confirmed not coming from a True Rune.

So yeah, in the end, I still doubt that Jeane is a jinn.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Captain Hero

Forsaken Elites

194469 Potch
361 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sorry about that, but I was trying to point out that if jinns do exist, we can say that we read somewhere that animals can see them.

Hrestelan

44244 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dude, forget that random site I quoted for anyone who didn't knew about the Jinn. If you do a Google search on Jinn, you'll come across a lot of pages into the subject. Some things seem really fitting for Jeane, others are a plain contradiction.

My point is that Jeane may be based in that Jinn thingy, if only because of the name. It's foolish, but Konami has made a lot of foolish things with Suikoden already. Perhaps they never noticed that Jeane and Jinn are spelled the same and they didn't take any inspiration from it.

Bottom line, as always with Jeane, is that no one knows until Konami explains it officially. Which I doubt will happen sometime this century.
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hrestelan wrote:
Dude, forget that random site I quoted for anyone who didn't knew about the Jinn. If you do a Google search on Jinn, you'll come across a lot of pages into the subject. Some things seem really fitting for Jeane, others are a plain contradiction.

That's actually the biggest problem IMO. We can't even agree on the jinns themselves, whether we can see them or not, whether they existed or not, etc etc.

Hresetelan wrote:
My point is that Jeane may be based in that Jinn thingy, if only because of the name. It's foolish, but Konami has made a lot of foolish things with Suikoden already. Perhaps they never noticed that Jeane and Jinn are spelled the same and they didn't take any inspiration from it.

If it's only based on the spelling of the name, it might be possible. But it doesn't really make sense if you're trying to make a good speculation because of the lack of supporting ideas in other areas other than the spelling.

Hrestelan wrote:
Bottom line, as always with Jeane, is that no one knows until Konami explains it officially. Which I doubt will happen sometime this century.

We'll just have to wait and see. Though I do agree that it wouldn't be answered in Suikoden V, which might be your last Suikoden.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Alicia Longfellow

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Jeane doesn't have a True Rune, Konami has already said as much. They could change their minds, but so far they have denied that Jeane is a True Rune bearer. I personally think that Jeane is somehow connected to the Sindar. In SII one of the Old Books says that the Sindar were cursed to live a life of aimless wandering, or something like that. Jeane is always in a different part of the world every time we meet her: Antei, Greenhill, Two River, Brass Castle, and the Island Nations. She never stays in one place very long. The Sindar are also said to possess powerful magic--Jeane very easily fits that description. That, and we know very little about the Sindar, just like Jeane. If she doesn't have a True Rune, I can really think of no other explanation.
Urn

Azure Flames

7756 Potch
0 Soldiers
970973 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, the idea about her possibly being part of the Sindar has merit, but the Sindar have supposedly found their 'Eternal Capital'. Also, if the Rune of Change causes her to move around and that effects her age, then that would stem from a True Rune.

The only feasible idea was the fact that Jeane comes from a family that all look alike, but I find that to be a rather cheap way to explain things. It just has to be a little more complex than that. Also, as someone said, the dog would not be able to 'sense' her secret if that was the reason she appears ageless. Also, Richmond and Kidd seemed to be scared away by Jeane when they got close to tracking down her secret. Therefore, we can assume that she will go through means to protect her secret.

But, Jeane doesn't seem like an individual that would harm another being. I would think that she is possibly a witch who has binded her soul in some way or fashion. Possibly she has learned magic that can keep her young. On another site I hypothesized that she may have anchored herself to a jewel of some kind that she wears all the time. Most feasible suggestion, is that she isn't human. Dogs have a sixth sense in which they can detect things that the normal eye can't see. If Jeane is a being outside of the realm of human reality, then I think that would trigger a reaction.

KOOLUK SUPPORTS TINTO MINERS
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

But, Jeane doesn't seem like an individual that would harm another being. I would think that she is possibly a witch who has binded her soul in some way or fashion. Possibly she has learned magic that can keep her young.

Wow. That could be a good point. Other than the theory that she may be a demon, she might also know some magic of her own. Just like Sarah (S3) who was born with knowledge of ancient magicks and spells. So Jeane would be a feasible addition to that field a well... I think i might start to believe this explanation... If this was true, then maybe Sarah will get the same reaction from Koroku, but we never really know... :?

Zaj I mean Mike

I just sell weapons

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just now checked this topic and VikiFanatic you are talking about how no to people are exactly the same even identical twins. But in the Suiko world there is'int some body going around getting every ones finger prints. Also Jean likes mystery so she/he/they/it? would burn off their prints :lol:

CLERKS
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I really don't want to be the only one to point this out...

There are clones in Suikoden. Luc and Sasarai anyone? It is possible that Jeane is a clone just like them, from Harmonia or elsewhere.

Then of course she could be something entirely different, some kind of magical creature we don't knoq about.

And when they say "family" I doubt they mean an actual genetic family. If Jeane has a family, it is likely not one of her birth.

THEN there is the Sindarin connection. It is said that the Suikoden 2 Jeane is friends with Raura since before the game. Raura dresses identical to Hortez. Hortez has a two-headed snake symbol on his hat. That SAME symbol is found throughout the Ceremonial Site on various pillars, which links Hortez and Raura directly to the Sindar. There are also two-headed snake symbols in the White Deer Inn Ruins, on the doors and with the statues. Since Raura is the only character Jeane is associated with (and the only ANYTHING she's associated with) I'd say a Sindarin connection is most likely.

And Konami has already stated that Jeane does not havea True Rune, even going so far as to add a bath scene in S3 explaining it.

^Actual quote!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: