Suikoden Unique and Illegal Kriegspiel Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Firefox Add-on: NoScript

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

Potch
Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:08 am    Post subject: Firefox Add-on: NoScript Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Heres a great and popular add-on I found while looking for stuff to put into Firefox, it stops a lot of advertisements on websites that use javascript and java, while also making your computer a lot more secure by only allowing the sites which you specify to use javascript and java. I recommend it, plus it doesn't get in the way of your internet browsing.

https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/722/

(I'm not quite sure why this link is in secure mode, but it doesn't matter a great deal)
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

Potch
Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I already have it and have been using it for a while. I must say it is nice that a lot of ads have been removed because of it. It does however make some things that you want to work, not work at first since you don't allow scripts the first time you go to a site, but it's really a small price to pay.

Venus Doom

Potch
Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

just cause it makes firefox safer, i decided to try it out. thanks for posting this.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Tron Bonne

The party members you never use

Potch
Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

downloaded and installed. when using windows, you need to take advantage of any and all security programs that you can.

now all i need is to find something to get rid of all that ridiculous intelliTEXT crap i find on websites. its annoying!

Red Shoes Dance

Potch
Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sage wrote:
It does however make some things that you want to work, not work at first since you don't allow scripts the first time you go to a site, but it's really a small price to pay.

Yeah, I suppose it's the "breaking in period" of software.

The badguy from Tron wrote:
now all i need is to find something to get rid of all that ridiculous intelliTEXT crap i find on websites. its annoying!

Whats that?
Firefly

Wednesday's Army

Potch
Soldiers
225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's when you're on a certain website and certain words are underlined/bolded, and turned into links. Reallly annoying.

Red Shoes Dance

Potch
Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Firefly wrote:
It's when you're on a certain website and certain words are underlined/bolded, and turned into links. Reallly annoying.

Oh, THAT. Yes that is annoying, if this add-on gets rid of that, which I think it does, it's just become even more useful to me.
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

Potch
Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've been using it for a short while now, and it's been great. Though a couple sites that I frequent often get screwed up by it sometimes, since I haven't allowed some of them access.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Advertisements & Fun Links All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: