Suikoden Uncouth and Inspirational Kosher Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Anime genre awards
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Stormbringer wrote:
Best storyline- The Animetrix. It's really cool how there are multiple storylines combined into one flowing one, and all of the seperate storylines are really good, so this one wins this award for me.

I watched it. It's pretty much split down the middle for me. I liked about half of them, like Program (I'm a sucker for samurais :wink: ), and Detective Story (I really liked the film noire theme. Very classy). But the Renaissence Part I was pretty unoriginal, more of a origin for the Terminator series. I found it to be repulsive, actually. but then there are Beyond (the haunted house one), which didn't seem to have a point. The only one that is more connected with the main story was the first one, Flight of the Osiris.

But that's of course, your opinion. I was just stating mine. :twisted:

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Zaleria

1296207 Potch
13650 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Best comedy-
Best romance- Fushigi yuugi, it's very romantic, an anime full of love triangles(or squares) and the personalities of the characters are great.
Best action- Samurai X or also known as Rurouni Kenshin, it's one of my favourite, tells of the story of a former slasher capable of annihilating dozens of men in a second that chose lead a life of peace medieval japan but old enemies aren't easily forgotten...
Best horror- Neon Genesis Evangelion, its disturbing but not really scary...
Best mechs- Gundam SeeD. I think its the best so far...
Best drama- can't think of anything...
Best genre- action animes
Best series- too many to mention
Best movie- Final Fantasy because the graphics are amazing
Best OVA- Rurouni Kenshin, it reveals more of the hero's history
Best thriller - too many to mention...
Best ecchi -i think it's bible black or somthing. haven't watched it completely. just from a friend...
Best sagas - dragonball z is good...
Best fight scenes -the fight against shishio makoto in samurai x
Best quote -the weak shall must die for the benefit of the weak ~shishio makoto~
Best characters- Kenshin Himura, Shishio makoto
Best storyline- too many to mention

Tonby, while I'm not in Zexen wrote:

I just noticed that if you turn Zexen Activity Levels into an acronym, it makes ZAL. Oh the irony! =P
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Beast Rune wrote:
Best movie- Final Fantasy because the graphics are amazing

Do you mean the that CGI movie with Donald Sutherland?

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Zaleria

1296207 Potch
13650 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well yeah...

I just noticed that if you turn Zexen Activity Levels into an acronym, it makes ZAL. Oh the irony! =P
Dynast

Rising Storm

16559 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Best comedy- Either Azumanga Daioh or School Rumble. Okay, so they don't actually have a direct, or even an existant plotline, but their humour is second to none, so this stays. :D

Best romance- Erm...not really much for romance, so I guess I'll leave this one out until I can think of something that fits this category.

Best action- Full Metal Alchemist hands down. Anyone who doesn't appreciate FMA obviously hasn't seen it.

Best horror- Again, don't watch horror.

Best mechs- Gundam Seed and Gundam Seed Destiny, of course! Fine, so I haven't atually watched GSeed Destiny, but I have watched GSeed, and I think it's good. Too bad Ed's automail arm can't be counted as mecha. :D

Best drama- Too many to name. DN Angel is worth mentioning, though.

Best genre- A cross between action and comedy is how I like it. Not too much romance- pairings are best left implied, in my opinion.

Best series- This is a difficult one.....I'd have to say FMA. GSeed would come close, but FMA is my first love now.

Best movie- Considering the fact that I watch very few anime movies, I'd have to say Spirited Away. Of course, that's until the new FMA movie comes out, or at least until I get my grubby paws on Howl's Moving Castle.

Best OVA- Again, don't watch many OVAs. Although the Ruroni Kenshin ones were pretty cool.

Best Sad scene- And I can finally mention Chrno Crusade, despite how much I despise Gonzo for ruining a perfectly good manga by making it into an anime. (Spoiler!) I love the ending scene when Azumaria finds Chrno and Rosette, only to discover that the both of them had died together. If you follow the CC series, you should know why I'm saying this. The entire ending sequence has perfect music, albeit some really cheesy dialogue, but overall, it was the only one that actually made me cry.

I probably missed a few more categories, but never mind about that. Someone should really open something like this for manga...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Beast Rune wrote:
well yeah...

Ok, just wondering. I really liked the graphics as well. But i found it disappointing. It wasn't a Final Fantasy. Where are the cute, little Behemoths? And Shiva and Ifrit? And i wantedto see Leviathan. And Bahamut. Can it be a Final Fantasy without Bahamut? Great eye candy, but it's not a Final Fantasy in my opinion, if there isn't any Shiva, Ifrit or Bahamut. And there should have been Tonberries!

But that's just my insignificant opinion. Don't mind me.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
Zaleria

1296207 Potch
13650 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Ok, just wondering. I really liked the graphics as well. But i found it disappointing. It wasn't a Final Fantasy. Where are the cute, little Behemoths? And Shiva and Ifrit? And i wantedto see Leviathan. And Bahamut. Can it be a Final Fantasy without Bahamut? Great eye candy, but it's not a Final Fantasy in my opinion, if there isn't any Shiva, Ifrit or Bahamut. And there should have been Tonberries!

But that's just my insignificant opinion. Don't mind me.

well, actually i agree with you...
i really liked the graphics, i think its one of the best...
but i too was expecting appearances from bahamut and the other GFs or aeons or whatever you prefer to call them...
i would have really liked it if the movie has Odin, he's my favorite...

Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So you basically mean a CGI movie based around one of the games? You two should try and watch Advent Children (the story from after FFVII pretty much I believe) when that rolls around. I dunno what it's current status is in terms of production and such but I watched a trailer for it and it was pretty rockin'.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Tendou Souji

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Best comedy-:Gotta Be Galaxy Angel!

Best romance-:Saber Marionette J

Best action-:Dragon Ball Z of course!

Best horror-:Jigoku Sensei Nube?

Best mechs-:GUNDAM.

Best drama-:Fuushigi Yuugi

Best genre-:Mecha.

Best series-:Gundam.

Best movie-:Char's Counterattack?

Best OVA- :Rorouni Kenshin

Best thriller:???

Best ecchi:Anything Ken Akamatsu ^-^

Best sagas:Gundam

Best fight scenes:The final episode of Vandread!Man i really loved that anime!yeah!Sugee!Also Luffy v.s Enel or Crocodile.Nu Gundam v.s Sazabi.

Best quote:"haro!< sentence> haro!"

Best characters:Monkey.D.Luffy!He's such a great character!Every scene with him is exciting!

Best storyline:Vandread.
Zaleria

1296207 Potch
13650 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

thanks PF! :D i'll watch out for it. i have never heard of it before but i'll take your word for it, it must be good :wink: ...

Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No problem, if you do a search for advent children on this site there's a thread somewhere which had a link to the video. Of course all the speech and the site was in japanese but it was still fun to watch it.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Best comedy- Trigun
Best romance- SM
Best action- Full metal Alchemist
Best horror- D: Bloodlust
Best mechs- Blue Gender
Best drama- hmmm tough choice
Best genre- Don't make me choooooooose
Best series- Full Metal Alchemist
Best movie- Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust
Best OVA- YYH Poltergeist report
Best thriller- don't know any
Best ecchi- I dunno
Best sagas- can't pick
Best fight scenes- Kenshin or Champloo
Best quote- "Sleep well Kakkorat, for when you wake up, this will all be just a dream."
Best characters- I love DBZ characters, but Full Metal Alchemist had AWESOME chars like Mustang and Scar.
Best storyline- FMA

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, i too am hoping to find Advent's Children. At least that would be a true Final Fantasy movie. I don't know if it would come out in the cinemas (just some wishful thinking), but it would hopefully come out on DVD (a more plausible wishful thought). :lol:

Bork! Bork! Bork!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: