Suikoden Uncanny and Inspirational Kibbutz Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Anime genre awards
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 8:21 pm    Post subject: Anime genre awards Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just like the anime awards show.... just put your opinions down...quote this post and use the bold genres and type out your own answer and the reason for it...

Best comedy-
Best romance-
Best action-
Best horror-
Best mechs-
Best drama-
Best genre-
Best series-
Best movie-
Best OVA-

well that's all I canthink of at the moment... but if there are any more then please add them to the list and I shall post about them also... but first I shall give my opinions and such for these...

Best comedy - I would say that the best comedy I have seen so far is Love Hina... no it ain't THAT funny, it's comedy popularity comes from it's mangas but I still find most it funny and all... though I know that there are more funnier animes out there, but I haven't seen them... some like Yu Yu Hakusho or something like that, green green and some no loads more... this anime has ecchi comedy in it as well...

Best Romance - I would say Love Hina as well... I think it's the only romantic sort of anime that I have seen... I am not into the romance thing and am not the romantic-anime liking type... oh well... Love Hina it is again!!! lol

Best action - for this one I have to choose between Full Metal Alchemist and Berserk... hmmm.... I choose Berserk, with it's mass, and I mean MASS killing and destruction, the gory fight scenes and the nice attacks, strikes and such just leaves you (or just me) wanting more!!! perfect for the part mwa ha ha ha haa...

Best Horror - well... I think I would have to go for Vampire Hunter D : Bloodlust on this one... not really horor... but has some elements on it... such as a vampire lol some monsters and wierd creatures... well, I liked the story, loved the animation, LOVED the fight scenes and almost everything else about this anime... great!!!

Best Mechs - well... I haven't seen that much, and wanted to see quite a few but it all got out of ahnd so meh... I would say Zone of the enders for this one... I liked it quite a lot... I would have said Evangelion which I reckon will take around ninety percent of the votes from people... but I haven't seen ALL of them so really can't have a fair say in it... zone of the enders it is...

Best drama - Oh my God... this one belongs to NO other than Grave of the fireflies... I don't care, this drama has been the most sadest anime I have ever seen (maybe because I saw it five to six years ago when I actually HAD emotions lol) a world war two drama anime which shows that it effects EVERYONE, including those who aren't fighting or involved... truly the best of the best in drama...

Best Genre - well I would usually look for something which build up in the background VERY well... and I would look for something which lasts long, very long... I look for this in both anime and my role playing games... that is why I say, 'series' is the best genre for an anime... with loads of episodes, and a great build in depth and background... I love it!!! enough said... hmph...

Best series- well I am halfway through watching Full Metal Alchemist at the moment... but until I finish watching it I wil say that the best series that I have seen is Gungrave... it has a great plot in it, some great twists, great actions and great designs and characters... I love this series and watched it all in one day and have watched it from beginning to the end three or four times now...

Best movie - well... I really don't know about the best movie... but I would have to say grave of the fireflies as that would count as a movie more than an OVA (Original Video Animation) so, which it's super good story line and dramatic parts, I say that this gets my vote in being the best movie... and if grave of the fireflies were to be an OVA... then for my movie choice I would say the GREAT Appleseed!!!!!!

Best OVA - the best original video animation would have to be Guyver!!! I would think that it is a series... but I have been told that it is an OVA... I don't know what to think now... but I will say guyver for now... the cyborg and mech like animation, the great story, average animation and nice designs make this a great anime!!! this was one of the first animes that I saw as a kid...

I also kow hat there are some things missing in the awards list... but don't really think that they are necessary... but tell me what you think...
Best thriller
Best ecchi
Best sagas
Best fight scenes
Best quote
Best characters
Best storyline

and much more... but I will leave it at that for the time being...

JNX out
Benit149

Covenant of Cuchulainn

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Best comedy- Hands down Excel Saga and Puni Puni Poemy, though Excel Saga comes first. Both were done by the same teams, and both were downright hilarious, if a bit senseless. But the point is to pull off as many gags and jokes as possible.

Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi is also high up there, though it's far more mature than Excel Saga... more like Puni Puni Poemy's maturity level. @_@

Best romance- don't really care for romance

Best action- the Street Fighter movie, especially when Chun Li fights Vega, and when Ryu and Ken team up to fight Bison near the end.

Best horror- not much for horror

Best mechs- not into mechs, although Rayearth had good mech designs

Best drama- Brigadoon. It's heartwarming yet depressing to watch Marin struggle with all these forces going against her, yet she remains strong.

Best genre- Comedy, because I always want to laugh instead of cry when I watch an anime.

Best series- Slayers because it has more comedy than drama, and when there's drama, it makes you think about the natures of good and evil.

Best movie- I liked Lupin III: Castle of Cagliostro for many reasons, with Clarice's inner determination being the first.

Best OVA- the Utena OVA where they totally redid the characters' pasts and conflicts, yet the whole Victorian aura remained, although Akio was done poorly compared to his normal series counterpart

Best Scene - Sailor Moon S when Sailor Saturn appears and tells Sailor Moon she must sacrifice herself to stop Pharaoh 90 from destroying the world. The violin music is sad, Saturn is determined and calm, and Sailor Moon defies the odds to rescue Saturn and restore her to a baby. The whip cracks you hear when Silence Glaive Surprise is used on 90 are also great to listen to. Not only are appearances by Sailor Saturn extremely rare, but this appearance is her best yet overall, even when she whips the Silence Glaive at Sailor Moon's throat. It accentuated her mission as a Sailor Soldier, and I loved it.

Benit149: First Lady of Addervon, Princess of Slight Fever, defender of the Nameless.
Keriaku

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just have to ask, is this only for Anime, or does Manga count as well?

Best Comedy - Haven't seen any good comedy, don't watch it much (Except for Comedy/Romance, but those aren't really funny >->)

Best Romance - I'd say Gravitation anime wise, but Hot gimmick if we can do Manga too. I love Hot Gimmick, it's my favourite manga series, it's just so cool. I love the well defined artwork, and a little dirtyness in a romance series never hurts :-p

Best Action - I don't watch alot of Action series, so no comment.

Best Horror - Only seen like 1 or 2, But I'd say Blood The Last Vampire, unless we can do manga, then I'd say the Ring series (4 books in all)

Best Mechs - Don't watch them.

Best Drama - Don't know for anime, but for Manga, Confidential Confessions, I like the depressing stories!

Best Genre - Shoujo, hands down.

Best Series - Hmm... Tough one, probably Sailor Moon (Manga) or Read or Die TV

Best Movie - Again, I haven't seen alot of Anime movies, but probably Spirited Away for me.

Best OVA - Read or Die, it's just so well done in 3 episodes.

Best Quote - 'Should we go one at a time, or have an orgy?' - Male Model (Hot Gimmick, volume 3)
Kohaku

Red Veil

309182 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Best Anime all-round : Nausicaa. I don't know where to put this anime, so I make it myself. I don't have much to say, watch it yourself.

Best comedy- I would say it is Love Hina too...well, I found that the anime was very entertaning, at least for me. The plot is hillarious, and there's alot of unpredicted things in the anime. But! the manga is better, far better than the anime. So the real winner is the manga, but it's an anime award, so...
The second is Doraemon, my childhood favorite anime.

Best romance- Hmm... I watched a lot of Shoujo anime, if you know what I mean, so I think I can't really decide on this one, they are Fruits Basket, Rose of Versailles, DNangel, Candy-Candy, etc. But the one I watched right now is DNangel, so I guess it goes for the award. The one I can choose is for the best romance manga, and that is Glass no Kamen (too bad it still unfinished after 20 years! man, a new volume come out about every 2 years or so, and that's long)

Best action- Berserk or Zeta Gundam. I can't really decide on this two, because they got every aspect for a good action anime. A lot of fight, a lot of death. Zeta has the advantage in plot and storyline, while berserk had advantage in blood :mrgreen: V-Gundam come close in second, a lot of action, good storyline, and there's Katejina (I love her, hehe :mrgreen: )

Best horror- Horror? I didn't watch it that much you know? For me, it goes to Boogiepop Phantom. Don't let the title fools you, the film is really good, really scary, and so damn entertaining.

Best mechs- Zeta gundam again. The design is very creative compared to other laer series. And most of the reason I have stated above. The favorite mechs of mine in the film is the Messala used by Paptimus scirocco.

Best drama- Unfortunately, again I can't choose. The most genre that I watch is drama, and most of them are really good. Little Women, Only Yesterday, If I see you in my dream, My neighbor Totoro, Gundam 0080 :War in the pocket, Princess Tutu etc. Mostly are studio Ghibli's. The one that I like most is... Kiki's Delivery Service, but it almost on par with the others. While I like it? It's bright, simple but unique storyline, and it really can enhance your mood.

Best genre- Drama, because almost every aspect of an anime is there, except action, and it can change your mood, whether it happy or sad. And the one I love usually had a good, moving storyline that sometimes can make you cry but you don't realize it. Actually I like Grave of the Fireflies, but it just so damn sad so I won't watch it again.

Best series- Gundam. I like it since I was little, and I still like it until now. The mecha, the story, and the grandoise of it. Some thinks that Gundam as only robot wars, without a storyline. They're wrong, and I could prove it to anyone who wishes for advice.Winner.

Best movie- Nausicaa : Of the valley of the wind, with the reason I stated above, and My Neighbor Totoro, for the simply beutiful everything. Totoro is my favorite "thing" in anime :mrgreen: if you have watched it, you'll know. The anime itself is bright, but the storyline moves form happy to sad, to happy again, and good, pretty happy ending, just like most anime from Ghibli's Studio (except Grave of the Fireflies/ Hotaru no Haka, that is)

Best OVA- Gundam Char's counterattack, for closing the era of post-one year war, and closing the rivalry of Char and Amuro without a happy ending, huh. Also Green-green 13, because I'm a man (it's very ecchi in case you didn't know).

Best thriller - Perfect Blue, a nice Schizofrenis (spelling?) movie. Close to our real world and with unpredictable storyline.

Best ecchi - Green-green 13, like I said before, hehe :oops: . I won't say the reason, watch it yourself if you're above 17 years, guys. Another one is maid of Hanaukyo. It's very funny.

Best sagas - Gundam again, in the one year war era, and the post one year war. They are : Gundam 0079, Zeta, Double Zeta, 0080, 0083, 8th MS team, the story is connested, and most of them are good anime.

Best fight scenes - The final scene in Zeta Gundam, most of it are good. I espeically like the fight between Quattro and Hamman. There's LOT of death in it and the ending is not a happy ending *spoilers* it's not good when you got the ending of the main character going crazy and lost his memories. It goes yo ZZ when it actually reach the happy ending, Camille got back his memories (Implicit in the running scene with Fa)

Best sad scene : Two scene, the ending scene of Al watching the slideshow that he recorded with Bernie in Gundam 0080 : War in the pocket, and the ending scene of Grave of the Fireflies where the spirits of the tow watching modern Japan. They are the two of the saddest anime scene I've seen so far.

Best quote -"Char? he had a lolita complex, you know?" certain officer inChar's counterattack. Just kidding, I can't seem to remember any quote... :cry: I watch too amny anime...200+ ? ow...that's quite a number, so fool of me didn't remember any.

Best characters -Gundam 0080, even though it only had few characters in it, the development of everyone is deep.

Best storyline -Nausicaa, for a very good and original storyline. I can onlysay this words to you, watch it.

That's it, congratulation if you have read it until here. Enjoy.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well... allow me to answer things that others have added... starting from top to bottom...

Best scene - I don't really have one... but most of the time it would be a final fight or something like that... something big... something like in street fighter 2 the motion picture, where Ken and Ryu combine forces... yeah, I think I will go for that one right now... has some great fighting in that part as well... and the msuic...ooooggg... the music was god for that part... I am just disappointed that you don't see Akuma fight Ryu... :cry:

Best Quote - well... can't remember much... same reason as Scheherazade though... the only thing is I haven't watched as much as he has :oops: too much, anyway, I like it when Edward Elric exaggerates what people say to him LOL I love those little sentences hahaha...

Best Anime all-round - Haven't seen that much so I would say GunGrave or Full metal alchemist at the moment...

Best thriller - perfect blue also... I just knew that one would come up at some point hehehe...

Best Ecchi - Green Green or Love Hina... I think I have explained green green somewhere in this forum... about boys calling the girls not by their name, but by their breast size... anyway lol moving on...

Best sagas - I am really not a gundam fan so... ummm... maybe one of the Dragonball Z sagas... LOL I can't remember none at the moment, just real tired because the time here is 3AM lol... actually, I don't watch that many sagas... just series lol...

Best fight scenes - has to be Ken and Ryu versus Bison in street fighter 2 the motion picture... man that has it all... even comedy in it where bison gets ken in a headlock and starts mocking them both... lol but gunfight though would go to GunGrave, Beyong the Grave versus *spoiler* Bear Walkings *spoiler end* best sword fight scene... ain't it obvious, kenshin, but can't really choose one...

Best Sad scene - I second that grave of the fireflies part..... It has everything from graphics,ackground and music... all suits the mood perfectly and well executted... so touching... :cry: lol

Best Character - Definately Bradon Heat - Beyond the grave- for me... in this anime, you see everyone look and grow older as episodes pass... I like the way braon has developed and changed... also because the two are rather similar, D from vampire hunter D bloodlust... forget the first one lol...

Best storyline - well I would say grave of the fireflies because it was the most effective... but NO Gungrave!!! maybe because it's my favourite anime lol... about the mafia and friendship, ower and betrayel... trust? yeah...

Yay... I was congratulated for readin that post.... hahaha, thanks for replying guys and gals... so good to see this thread has chunky posts in it :cry: lol

JNX out
Ninjar

The Shins

247440 Potch
1500 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Best comedy- I thought Love Hina was funny if only because of the little girl with blonde hair...sadly I can't even remember her name ;_; She was the redeeming factor because other than that it was basically Keitaro walking in on Mitoko or Nanasawa or something like that. It would have gotten old faster without the blonde girl....can't believe I forgot her name when whe was the only person I really liked.

Best romance- Ranma 1/2. I only read the manga so I don't know how well the anime follows it. I really enjoyed the manga even if it did go on for a long time. It was one of those things that I wouldn't have minded if it had gone on twice as long as it did. I sincerely enjoyed reading it. Not quite sure if you would classify this as "romance" though since there was heavy emphasis on martial arts and fighting throughout the entire story. I would say it is though and I suppose that is all that matters.

Best action- I really enjoyed Hellsing a lot. Not only is it packed with action, I find Jan Valentine to be intriguing and perfectly suited for what he does. The episode that he is in is definately my favorite in both manga and anime.

Best horror- Can't really think of anything...I guess Vampire Hunter D would fit in here...It was pretty creepy.

Best mechs- Definately going to have to say Neon Genesis Evangelion simply because it was amazing. I loved the idea of making the things hunting them into their robo slaves...Although it didn't seem to work out perfectly since they got free every now and then. Just like Ranma 1/2, I wish that the anime would have lasted longer even though it did not seem they could go much further with it. I did enjoy both NGE: Rebirth and End of Evangelion too though.

Best drama- Can't really decide on this one. I'm thinking of so many things and don't know which one to choose. I guess I'll just skip it.

Best genre- Probably drama. As said above it incorporates most of the other genres into it.

Best series- Going to have to go with Neon Genesis Evangelion since I enjoyed it a lot when I first saw it and I like it more every time I watch it.

Best thriller - :S I am still terrified of some anime that was about a singer gone actress who had a stalker. I was so scared that I stopped watching it about halfway through. It was really creepy. I remember there was a rape scene in one of her movies though and the stalker killed the screenplay writer for it..or something like that. Could anybody help me out and give me a name for this one? I would really like to finish watching it.

Best quote - "He who conquers the left side conquers the world, cheif." I don't why but it comes to my head randomly quite often and I don't know why. It's just one of the most memorable things I've heard.

Best characters - FLCL for sure :D I enjoyed all of the characters in it. Especially Samejima Mamimi.

Best storyline - This one is a toss up...I'll just have to go with FLCL since I liked it so much. I just wish it was longer even though I enjoy it as it is, short and oh so sweet.
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Best comedy- Well, i haven't seen any anime which can be rated as solely comedy. But I liked Akazukin Cha Cha. And Doraemon.

Best romance- Um, i suppose i'll say El Hazard. The story was pretty original, but the romance of Makoto and Iphreeta are very nice. The other characters were very interesting as well.

Best action- I would say it's a tie between Shadow Skill and Rurouni Kenshin. I love them both and can't decide which is better. Other worthy notables are Recca no Honouu, Juubei the Ninja Girl, Dragon Ball Z and Trigun.

Best horror- Haven't seen any actually horror animes yet. I want to see Blood The Last Vampire. The closest would probably be X: The Movie....

Best genre- Martial arts and comedy.

Best series- I would say Rurouni Kenshin. One of the first animes i 've seen and i still love it now. Other worthy notables are Shadow Skill, El Hazard: The Magnificent World/The Alternate World and Fushigi Yuugi.

Best movie-

Best OVA-

Best fight scenes- There are two fight scenes that totally kicked ass! The first to mention would be in Rurouni Kenshin, with Battousai vs. Saito Hajime. Saito is one of my favorite characters, and this fight scene was the reason why. It's a bit of a bummer and also good that it was a draw. The second worth mentioning was in Shadow Skill, with Gau Lag/Raag vs. Ren/Len Fuuma. A truly climatic ending for the season, with the action, emotions and the philosophical nature in the fight. The music in it gave me goosebumps. Well, i hope that it was just the end for the season. There was more in the manga, but i didn't read that and i hope that there was more on it. OH! There is one more. Again in Shadow Skill, with Diaz Lag/Raag is. Darkness. Diaz was one of the coolest character in the anime, and this was a reason why. Again, it was a food amount of emotions, action and philosophy. A pretty sad ending for the fight.

Best characters- The best characters would have to be in both Fushigi Yuugi and in X/1999. Ok, i'm a sucker for the good entity vs. the bad entity, made up of this many characters against that many characters.

Best storyline- Seriously, Spirited Away was a beautiful story that should be told as a kids' storytale, like Hansel and Gretel, Rapunzel, etc.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gaara

Arrancars

5665 Potch
8300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Best comedy- I'd have to say Rurouni Kenshin had to be the funniest anime I've ever seen. One Piece is a close second.

Best romance- Robotech's love triangles and what not made it interesting. Rick being in love with Minmay, Lisa being in love with Rick, and Kyle being in love with Minmay as well (his cousin!!!). After that, there is the relationship of Max Sterling and Miria, a human and a zentraedi. Their daughter Dana Sterling also fell in love with an alien, a robotech master, Zor. Then we have the relationship between Scott Bernard and Marlene, the invid. I just love how complicated each relationship started out to be.

Best action- Naruto most certainly has the best action, I seriously can never wait to see the fight scenes and almost hope that they last forever.

Best horror- Vampire Hunter D, had some pretty weird stuff going in it.

Best mechs- I'm not much of a mech anime fan but the first anime I did watch was an mech anime, Robotech and I loved it.

Best drama- Probably Love Hina.

Best genre- Action/Comedy

Best series- Naruto

Best movie- Tekken

Best OVA- Rurouni Kenshin: Samurai X
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Never in my life... or in all the forums that I go to... have I ever seen anyone post Tekken the motion picture as their favourite movie... but hey... you surprised me... that is an accomplishment... :shock: I will reveal why in shadow form...

Tekken the motion picture is one of the animes in the top ten... most worst anime that is... the story line was nothing impressive and rather dull and boring, the actions scenes weren't bad at all... but they also lacked plenty of action in the movie, the sound was not too bad, and the voices were rather annoying, the overall anime seemed rushed and imperfect, the characters were not developing well at all, the ending was terrible and the beginnin wasn't gripping enough, this is one of those anime, that people just get because they know of the game... this was also my mistake... I am a teken fan and this was rather hard for me to take in and admit it... :cry: WHY!!!

JNX out... of his mind...
Kohaku

Red Veil

309182 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ninjar wrote:
Best thriller - :S I am still terrified of some anime that was about a singer gone actress who had a stalker. I was so scared that I stopped watching it about halfway through. It was really creepy. I remember there was a rape scene in one of her movies though and the stalker killed the screenplay writer for it..or something like that. Could anybody help me out and give me a name for this one? I would really like to finish watching it.

It's Perfect Blue, so you had the same favorite thriller anime as JNX and I :mrgreen: . The anime itself is pretty creepy, isn't it?

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh right! i forgot about Perfect Blue! I saw it and it scared the $#!t out of me! It was quoted as a Hitchcock and Disney movie together. That would have to be my favorite thriller. I don't think even Blood can top it off!

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ninjar

The Shins

247440 Potch
1500 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Scheherazade wrote:
ninjar wrote:

It's Perfect Blue, so you had the same favorite thriller anime as JNX and I :mrgreen: . The anime itself is pretty creepy, isn't it?

Hell yea, and thanks for the name. I have to check that movie out again. It was insane.
Gaara

Arrancars

5665 Potch
8300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

JNX wrote:
Never in my life... or in all the forums that I go to... have I ever seen anyone post Tekken the motion picture as their favourite movie... but hey... you surprised me... that is an accomplishment... I will reveal why in shadow form...

I didn't really like Tekken that much either but I don't watch anime movies that much and concentrate more on anime series so that was one of the few ones I've watched and the other ones that i have seen are even worse than Tekken.
Kohaku

Red Veil

309182 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Moi wrote:
Best drama- The one that I like most is... Kiki's Delivery Service, but it almost on par with the others. While I like it? It's bright, simple but unique storyline, and it really can enhance your mood.

Woops, sorry, I forgot my favorite drama, an NHK anime drama that keep me to watch it until the end of all the episode. It's Twin Spica, a very touching drama about childhood dream, a light but very sweet anime. Too bad there's very little people outside of Asia (Even outside of japan) that know this anime. This is the anime that I reccomended second after Nausicaa :mrgreen: BTW my new avatar come from the anime...

Astramaniacs

158943 Potch
225 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Best comedy- Azumanga Daioh hands down. That anime is just insanely funny, with the crazy teacher and the different, semi-cliche, group of girls that the show mainly focuses on. If you haven't seen it, I then you should.

Best romance- Definitely Millenium Actress, the main characters search for her lost love was heart wrenching. I also like how it was kind of sad, and how they used scenes from movies the main character was in to move the story along.

Best action- Hmmmm...this is a toughie...but I think I'm going to have to go with Trigun, because Vash and Knives are awesome, and many of the gun battles are very entertaining to watch.

Best horror- I don't really watch much scary anime...but in this category I think I'd choose the 'Ring' based mangas that have come out. Many of the scenes are really creepy.

Best mechs- RahXephon, because of the engaging storyline and all of the twists that the story hits you with. Not to mention some of the fight scenes are pretty cool.

Best drama- I don't watch much 'dramatic' anime :P ...but 'Grave of the Fireflies'(if that falls under this category) was very, very good. Not only was it sad, it had some semi-historical content, as the time period it's set in is during a war.

Best genre- Action, it keeps me occupied and many of the better animes seem to be of the action genre(although that's not always the case).

Best series- Angel Sanctuary, because of how diverse the characters are, and the storyline ain't that bad either :wink:

Best movie- BioHunter. That movie was so funny, when taken out of context and seen when high on caffeine at 1 in the morning :mrgreen:

Best OVA- I really, really like Blue Sub 6. Even though it moves pretty slowly, and some of the things doesn't make sense(such as Muteo having red eyes...), It was an interesting look at what could possibly happen, and how humans might react if a new 'intelligent' race developed on earth.

Best fight scenes- Neo Genesis Evangelon had some really good fight scenes, and my favorite fight scene out of the anime I've seen is when Shinji first uses the Eva... that was awesome :mrgreen:

Best quote- "I haven't finished speaking..." by Kenshin from Ruroni Kenshin, it cracks me up when he says that and the guys head is through the ceiling.

Best characters- Princess Mononoke had some really great and memorable characters, like the women did all the work. They were great.

Best storyline- The Animetrix. It's really cool how there are multiple storylines combined into one flowing one, and all of the seperate storylines are really good, so this one wins this award for me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: