Suikoden Urgent and Illusional Kosher Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Your Hero
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blackjack

78881 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 6:59 am    Post subject: Your Hero Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

All right, I did a search on this and found nothing, so I figured I would start the topic.

Everyone has a hero. Someone they look up to and respect more than others. It can be an athlete, a friend, a familiy, member, and actor or a character from a book or movie (Or game, or whatever. :P )

So, this is here to tell everyone else who your hero is, and why that person is your hero.

My hero is Esmeralda "Granny" Weatherwax, from Terry Pratchett's Discworld series.

Granny Weatherwas is my hero because she knows, exactly, who she is. She always knows her own mind, and often other people's.

This, in fact, is Granny's shining achievment. She is a master of "Headology," which, put quite simply, is knowing how people work.

Granny Weatherwax is also, frankly, a major badass. :D

Quote:
'I am a harmless old seller of apples,' she said, in a voice more appropriate for the opening of hostilities in a middle-range war. 'Pray let me past, dearie.' The last word had knives in it.
'No-one must enter the castle,' said one of the guards. 'Orders of the duke.'
Granny shrugged. The apple-seller gambit had never worked more than once in the entire history of witchcraft, as far as she knew, but it was traditional.
'I know you, Champett Poldy,' she said. 'I recall I laid out your grandad and I brought you into the world.' She glanced at the crowds, which had regathered a little way off, and turned back to the guard, whose face was already a mask of terror. She leaned a little closer, and said, 'I gave you your first good hiding in this valley of tears and by all the gods if you cross me now I will give you your last.'

YES. YES IT CAN.

"Life is not a having and a getting, but a being and a becoming." -- Myrna Loy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Vincent Chase

1st H.A.C - Spread Your Love

314554 Potch
0 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My hero is the late drummer of The Who, Keith Moon.

First of all, because he was the defining member of the Who. Say what you want about Pete Townshend, who merely wrote the songs, you could never find a drummer like Keith Moon, from destroying his kit at the end of My Generation to that cool little woodblock he uses in Magic Bus. What was so cool about him was that before he was in the Who he had to drum for the National Service, loud enough for a thousand people to hear. You can see the influence on his sound, because he beats the hell out of a kit like no other.

He did alot of weird stuff with his life. Naked rooftop sword fighting, running himself over with his own car and more drugs and alcohol than most people, I still think that he was one of the coolest personas in music, and really cultural history.
Trevoke

The missing liberty

25000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My hero is me. I follow my life with extreme interest. I learn constantly. It's swell.
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 12:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Your Hero Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Blackjack wrote:
Everyone has a hero.

No I don't. I have several people I respect, but I don't look up to them especially. Even if I did, I couldn't single one of them out. The closest thing I have to that kind of thinking would be that someday I want to be as smart as the best professors I've had. But that's more of a goal or a "surpass your teacher" sorta deal. However, I don't want to be like or admire one in particular. Not there's anything wrong with this, but I choose not to look to fictitious characters for a role model either. I just want to do my own thing. While I'm influenced by everyone I meet in one way or another, I try to be as independent as possible.

siswai'aman Brotherhood of Pain

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought I was the only person that felt the way I do, but Trevoke beat me to it. My hero is me, because a hero is someone you look up to and want to be like. I want to be just like me because I am unique and individual from others. I do not conform to what others want and have my own views and opinions.

Universal Migrators

7311 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My hero is my Grandfather,from my mother's side.He's been fighting against cancer from almost 4 or 5 years.He keeps fighting everyday and he still go to work.I think he is my hero,because of his spiritual fortress.I would love to have that kind of spirit you know.Fighting against your own body isn't easy.

''Sail away to Avalon.......''
Lunarblade

White Wolf Templars

1428 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmmm...I would say that my hero would be Winston Churchill, not just because of his accomplishments, his attitudes, or whatever...but because I want to emulate him in my life...

Sinocard wrote:
I dont think I am above women, I think I am above everyone.
Rincewind

Architect of the Pass - Phoenix Regiment

1500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am going to have to copy blackjack, in the sense that some of my hero's would come from discworld novels. I guess I would have to say Sam Vimes, captain of the night watch. There are rules, and then there are his rules. He knows to get by in life, sometimes things just need to be done a different way. He is also a very caring person. He donates a good portion of his paycheck to orphans and widows of watchmen who died in the line of duty. He also has a good sense of justice and fairness.
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have to agree with FF6Sage in that I do not personally have a hero that i could term it to be such. There are a lot of people that I respect and look at them and see that what they do is commendable but saying they are my hero lessens them as a group. I mean to label one as my hero lessens at least in my opinion the effects other people have had in my life as a whole. I could name a whole bunch of them right now but I will refrain from doing so because the list would frankly would be way too long for me to put here. At least one on top of the other wise it would just drag on way too much for this thread or anything for that matter. Anyways yeah I have a long list of people that i very much respect but I would not term any single one as a hero for that would be lessening the impact the others have had.

The Squirrel Mob

68112 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have to say that my hero is my "alter-ego" Ranadiel Kendou Marius. He is a character that I made for RPing online with my best friend. He is a swordsman who has the ability to comminicate with elemental spirits and command them. As far as personality is concerned he is basically just an idealized version of me. The rest of the things about him are aspects that I would choose if I could have any powers or abilities of my choice. This is probably a little bit on the weird side, but it is who I am.
Agahnim

Endurvakning

932410 Potch
200 Soldiers
36 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My hero is undoubtedly Japanese Wrestling legend Kanji (Antonio) Inoki.

Antonio Inoki

Not only was he responsible for the success of professional wrestling in Japan, he also influenced American wrestling strongly through his time spent training Hulk Hogan in his pre-Hulkamania days. His accomplishments go far beyond professional wrestling however;

# having a number of mixed matches against the great fighters of other sports including Willem Ruska (judo gold medalist in the Olympic games in Munich), Muhammad Ali (world boxing champion), Chuck Wepner (whose career Rocky is said to be based on), and Willie Williams (world karate champion),
# promoting the first/rare pro-wrestling cards in Taiwan, China, and Soviet Union,
# being the first pro-wrestler in the world to be elected as a congressman of a country,
# having meetings with the politicians whom the officials from western/democratic nations have rarely met, such as the Hussein family of Iraq and Fidel Castro of Cuba, and
# promoting the first two pro-wrestling cards in North Korea with the world record crowd of approximately 150,000 and 190,000

He is the King of Sports, the 'Moeru Toukon' (the fighting spirit that burns)~! He also has the mightiest chin in all of human kind~!

Inoki Bom-Ba-Ye!!

"The strong manly ones in life are those who understand the meaning of the word patience."
Ninjar

The Shins

247440 Potch
1500 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would have to say my hero is Giselle Gilbert. Actually I just started saying that to her and after a while...I dunno it's hard to explain. She owns though.
Queen

Ghosts of Gor

2000 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I never really had a hero growing up. I just grew up.

Guardians of the Merchant

96000 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm...........interesting topic, but I'd have to agree here with Trevoke, Lord Dredd and somewhat with Ranadiel that I myself am my own hero in a way. The reason I say this is because I'll be the one to fend for myself and stand up for what I believe in. I cannot really say I AM my own hero unless you define what you mean by your hero. Someone you look up to? Someone who'd fight for you and protect you? Someone who knows and respects you as much as you do him/her?

Well if its either of those three I'd say I am my own hero, but if its another definition then I still don't know.

I could say Simba and Puss in Boots are kinda my heroes hehe. :P
Ley

Username

441125 Potch
0 Soldiers
550446 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't really have a hero personally. There is something I admire in everyone even if I don't like them, but to see someone as a hero is to elevate them above a level that they are. Being someone's hero is to influence them strongly, and being influenced strongly takes away the individuality of a person.

Heros are all around us, but the most heroic are those who are never recognised.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: