Suikoden Uncanny and Infamous Keystone Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The Best Death in Suikoden
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2327939 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm gonna have to say Nanami's is up there in the #1 spot for me. It got me real good that afterwards I roamed around to various cities with only Riou in my party just depressed and traumatized for a looooong while...
I mean it has to mean SOMETHING when my feelings were so strong that they even unconsciously effected how I was playing the game for awhile... o_o

Second place is a tie between
1-Jimba's death scence that was depicted in the manga....I had to stop reading for a bit to find a tissue.....
2-The downfall of the Queendom. You know what I'm talking about, that flashback =o it's just so O___O when you let it alll absorb in...

Gremio's death scene gets an honarable mention but unfortunately I had spoiled myself with a FAQ beforehand (because it wasn't my copy of Suikoden 1 that I was playing aka I had to rush-play through it) so it didn't impact me as much as it should've/could've >_<

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
WalkerOfDawn

Howling wind

2544 Potch
16 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

the saddest was definatly odessa but i definatly loved it when nanami 'died' although she didnt realy die i was glad she left and stoped butting into my perfect party

But yea odessa was the saddest then luc cause i dont like him
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Queen's death. I mean, we all knew it was coming. However, it was just so beautifully done. I mean, that scene has, by far, the best voice acting in any scene of the game. I seriously cried during that scene. The first time I had ever dried during a game, and I did it during that scene.

Of course, Nanami's 'death' nearly had me, as well. I felt the tears welling during that scene, but none fell. I don't know what came over me during Arshtat's death, though. I just lost it. ^^

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kanus Erisen

Gate Shadows

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
19 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have to go with the majority and say Luca Blight. Not because it was satisfying (even though it was), rather, because of the unique style in which he died. A lot of characters die in sacrifice, others in repentance, and a good deal die honorably on the field of battle. But Luca... he just killed and killed until he couldn't kill anymore. It took eighteen powerful people and who knows how many archers, coupled with a betrayal, just to get him to retreat. Even then, it took a cheap trick to injure him enough to be finished off. Even then he just laughed about the incredible circumstance it took to kill him. He never looked back, never regretted his actions, never really even cared about Highland. He just wanted to kill, and being given an army and ungodly power just helped him further that goal. All in all, pretty impressive.

Coming in a close second is Luc, just because to him, death was a success. He set himself up in a win-win situation where he would either die, freeing his existence from the true rune, or destroy the true rune, freeing him through death anyway. He showed that fate could be defied, and god fought, even if he was defeated in the end. Any number of small changes could have kept this from happening, and had Luc succeed in his ultimate goal, but he fell in the end, still in success. It was, truly, a peaceful death.
Splendid Monkey

Monkey`s Mad Marauders

96384 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So many cool deaths in Suikoden. Awe inspiring as it was, Luca`s death didn`t hit me emotionally as he was an enemy and an utterly evil man to boot. One death which I`d like to mention is the death of Pahn if he loses the duel to Teo. I was all depressed but life just went on at Toran castle! Noone mentioned his death, not even Cleo or Gremio!!!! :shock: I guess they never forgave him for betraying Tir after all...

The deaths of Gremio, Nanami and queen Arshtat were truly heart-wrenching. Another death that particularly hurt me was the death of Pilika`s parents in SII. Even though you never get to see anything the thought of Pilika overhearing her parents being murdered continued to sting me for quite a while. Especially considering the kindness they had showed Jowy and Riou.
Demon Eyes Kyo

Crimson Crusaders

260069 Potch
250 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The death of Arshtat was pretty depressing. I didn't find Nanami's death sad, because I got bored and read the endings, so I was kind of disappointed with that. The certain scene in Suikoden V is pretty "Epic", I guess. It kind of reminded of the movie Hero.

Return that soul to God.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
WolfGang Knight

The Black Dart

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My favorite would have to be when Nanami jumped in front of the arrows to save the hero. She was really annoying up to then, but after that I kinda missed her. I know you can save her, but my first time through I had no idea, and I was really angry at Gorudo after that for a long time.
Lyon Falenas

12135 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have to say that Gremio was incredibly well executed. It is absolutely hearwrenching when you consider the reasoning and no matter what you say it is the one time he truly defies an order. There is something to be said for that type of self sacrifice. And the scene in which the hatchet and the cape are given to Tir I think was a good way to finalize it.

And as good as Ferid and Arshtat's death was handled I think it didn't have quite the effect as I had expected it. Of course big spoiler there considering that the death of the Queen was given back in Suikoden II. But the execution is superb no matter how it is looked at.

But in Suikoden V the case where Lyon 'dies' in the non 108 ending. We've had characters die before and others injured, but for it to happen at the end of the game when happily ever after was supposed to happen and she was supposed to be healed was actually a bit of a surprise. And Freyjadour's reaction to it was heartwrenching in the case where he shows Georg both the Dawn and Twilight runes on his hands. No matter how you look at it the kid's heart was torn apart. It had what 4 desperately needed in it had emotion demonstrated in the character animations. This is particularly impressive considering that this was done with a silent hero.
ferrouslupusrex

Ferrouslupusrex

563 Potch
673 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Odessa's death was beautiful because they threw her corpse in the sewage water way. Imagine a beautiful and intelligent aristocrat is cast aside like so much detritus. That was like an epiphany to me. A true LOL moment. Beautiful. I absolutely loved it when Viktor did the dumping for me.

Last edited by ferrouslupusrex on Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Thor McOdin

Stupid Sexy Flanders!

1757439 Potch
4444 Soldiers
4225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

TROY! He made me laugh for days on end.

"You're that guy!"

Not all ninja codes are brewed equally. Here at Shinobi, we use the choicest Bavarian hops that are ripened to perfection. One sip and we will have you saying...nothing.
Felipe

Intelligent Turtle

584845 Potch
1200 Soldiers
500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ain Guide. I really liked the "You're not going to pass by me" thing.

Space Monkey Punks From Japan

349252 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It has to go to Luca Blight, my favourite of all RPG villains.

He laughs all the way to his last breath, even after being pwned by 3 parties and filled with arrows.

I found Gremio's very touching the idea of protecting his young master, it was very sad. And teo for that matter, suikoden 1 had some good scenes.

One of the bad endings comes to mind as well in Suikoden 5, the roy on the bridge one.

FOREVER X!!!
Sun's Vicegerent

Divine Judgement

777674 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Personally, my two favorite death scenes would have to be a tie between Arshtat’s death and Sialeed’s death.

Arshtat’s death was expected, but it was done in a much unexpected way. On my first run through the game, putting the blame on Georg was one of those things I expected to be one of those “Godwin plots”. The only thing I didn’t expect was how it was actually true.

When Sialeed’s betrays you and Galleon joins your party, I was very touched by the scene which played afterwards. Maybe it was the track that was playing in the background which helped the mood, but the scene, the voice-acting, the music, everything about it was just so perfectly tragic.

That aside, I was actually very attached to Queen Arshtat, despite knowing that her number would be up soon. She was just such a cool character, and the split personality made her somewhat cooler. I was very sad when she died, and I felt that fuzzy feeling run through my body. The type that makes you want to cry, but it’s just not enough to push you over the edge yet.

Now, on the other hand, I have always adored Sialeed’s even though she wasn’t my first pick when it came to party members. One of the things that made me love her more than many characters in the Suikoden series is the fact that she tried to do what seemed right to her.

Sialeed’s does love her nephew, you can see that through her actions, but she just went about the wrong way of doing it. Her betrayal made her somewhat stand out as a character, she wasn’t just another “Cleo” character or something – basically, she wasn’t the older figure the hero could turn to – but rather she was someone who did what she thought was correct, while still trying to protect her nephew and everything. It was overall an admirable effort, and I was very sad to see her pass away due to that.

I had the same fuzzy feeling when I saw her death scene, but it was slightly more intense with Sialeed’s. It was probably because I really loved the character, but once again, everything was just too perfect.

In my opinion, “Overcoming the Grief”, the track that was mostly used for the death scenes in Suikoden V, was one of the best tracks ever made. Oh, and Edgar’s death was also very touching… mainly because of that promise he made and what Kika said, and the music in the background only made it sadder, but very touching.

Last but not least, another one of my favorite death scenes would have to be the death of Salum Barows. I hated the fat old man with a passion, more than any other character I can remember in Suikoden. So it doesn’t take a genius to find out, I was very happy when he died. Good riddance!

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have to say again that the death of Arshtat and Ferid had to have been the best in the series for all it entailed. Luca's death may have been more dramatic, but despite knowing Arshtat was destined to die there was always a hope in me to see that she would be saved by her son. Ferid's death just brought self-sacrifice and love to a whole new level the other games in the franchise haven't been able to touch in such a perfect way.

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ferid has to have had the most graceful death in the whole series.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 15 of 18

Jump to: