Suikoden Urgent and Illusional Keystone Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Diablo II: LoD

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Child of The Sea God

188289 Potch
2671 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:48 am    Post subject: Diablo II: LoD Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

does anyone play this game it's a action multiplayer RPG?
recently it has been getting worser though because of the hacks and items being deleted
the players online are usually a******* too
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I used to play the game on occasion but considering that it has gotten pretty well redundant compared to all of the other games out there it lacks the quality and ever changing gameplay of other games. Rather than developing another expansion for it with more gameplay and different things for players to do and new things to discover. You know like some more interesting side quests than what they have there which are more like quests just to push the storyline along or get a few items which by the second go round of the story or even the third is meningless anyway and worthless. In the end this game is lacking in comparison to some of the newer and heck in hindsight even some of the older games where more work was put into it. It is sad really that Blizzard has not taken the effort to do more with this game or at the very least make a sequel to it with improvement which if they have been making one is way way way overdue.

Pancake Masters

4500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Same here I used to play this game too, But me and my friends got eally bored with it. Sowell yea....
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was incredibly addicted to this game last summer, playing until 7 in the morning sometimes. I still have 3 accounts active from last August that I just don't have the willpower to let expire, heh. I don't know if I'll ever play it again, because like you said it's full of hackers and there is no "community" feel to it. It's mostly level 1 players begging to be "rushed" and level 90 players dueling it out with uber-gear (hacked or otherwise).

I also started trying out different character builds that were completely unique. Like my leap attack barbarian, or poison crossbow assassin, or melee necromancer. :D I got a lot of funny looks with my tank-sorceress, running around in complete battle gear wielding a Lightsabre. They couldn't grasp the idea that I was just having fun, trying to see if I can beat the game without a cookie-cutter character. *shrug* oh well.

Also, I still take pride in knowing that I completed each character's main set (The Immortal King, Trang-Oul's, Natalya's, etc) WITHOUT cheating. I can't say much for 90% of the D2 community though.

It is nice when you find someone in that game that is legit and is just looking to quest with ya. People like that are rare nowadays though...

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh, yeah. Diablo II:LOD sure was addictive. It doesn't matter how many times i've played it. If i come back to it, i just want to try some more.

But....it's been around for so very long. I've nrealy exercised all the characters and had a taste of what they do. Granted, i did not try all the types of the characters. I have been a Hammerdin (for those who don't know, a Paladin specializing with the Blessed Hammer), an Avenger (Paladin specializing with the super-duper Vengeance...too bad it's useless against Diablo himself), the Elementalist (Druid using only Elemental Magic. Go Hurricane! So easy!), the Martial Artist (Assassin using Martial Arts), the Ice/Lightning Sorceress (self-explanatory), summoner Necromancer (self explanatory) and the Leaping Barbarian (Leap Attack). But i haven't tried others.

I don't bother going further in the Hell/Nightmare levels. The only reason to go there would best be for the secret Cow Level. Anyone playing Diablo II, Expansion or no, must try the Cow Level! But if you're doing the game again afterwards, why bother?

But i sure do have fun playing classics. DII:LOD is truly one of them. *sigh*, time to get Sonic...

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Wyatt Lightfellow

Riders for the Goddess

5955 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Starslasher wrote:
Oh, yeah. Diablo II:LOD sure was addictive. It doesn't matter how many times i've played it. If i come back to it, i just want to try some more.

I agree. I've played Diablo for a really really long time, since Diablo I. I'm an addict of this game. It is one of my most favourite games ever. I wish they would make Diablo III. :D

I'm very experienced in this game. I've 3 characters who are at lv 99 in LoD. I have tried all seven characters but now I only play sorceresses, necromancers, assassins, and druids.

I love to play in Hell because of the difficulty. In Hell, for sorceresses, just try to get teleportation and fast cast of over 200% and you'll never get killed! Whenever the enemies are so close to you, just tele away! Tele can be really good for baal-runs.

Of all my lv 99 characters, I have one lv 99 sorc-magicfinder. She has two skill trees (that's always necessary for sorcs to magic find at Hell and Nightmare level!) which are Fire and Cold. I max her orb to level 20 and also cold mastery to lv 20. I max meteor and fire mastery too. But her orbs and meteors and fire and cold masteries are not at lv 20 now! They're all at lv 42 because I have really good unique items that give me + skills. Her resistances are perfect, even in Hell level. I rely solely on her to magic find and by using the good items she finds, my other characters get stronger and stronger.

I have three other sorcs. I give each of them only one skill tree, but I max almost everything in that skill tree (with help of chamrs and items, of course!). They have Fire, Cold, and Lightning for each one of them. I have some troubles with Hell level monsters but oh well, I like them that way.

I have only killer-assassin and one trapper-assassin. My killer is extremely fast and she gets chaos, a very powerful item! She uses two claws and her blocking rate is about 50%, which is always good for a melee attacker. I use mainly Phoenix Strike, Cobra Strike, Tiger Strike with Dragon Flight and Dragon Claw to attack my enemies. Her shadow master is quite useful but it costs a lot of my mana (her shadow master is at level 35!). The other assassin I have is a lightnight-trapper. Well, her lightning is not really useful (even though her lightning damage is well over 5000!) because the monsters are immune to magic there! Well, if they're immune to magic, then the other players or my shadow master have to kill them for me.

The last character I have is my druid. He has strong hurricane. I don't really use him much though. It's hard to use hurricane in Hell because you have to get really close to your monsters to kill them but once you get close to your monsters they will kill you first!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: