Suikoden Uncouth and Informational Keystone Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden VI Villain?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm, I just realized that I haven't even posted what kind of villain that I actually like to see in Suikoden VI.

To be honest, I would love to see an "elite group" of villains with one mastermind behind it to lead the group. Obviously, the villains would also have their army. The thing that has been disappointing me in the past when it comes to Suikoden villains is the lack of presence and threat as a whole.

Suikoden I has the closest thing to what I seek because they have the Five Great Generals. But even so, it didn't feel right because some of them were being used and weren't really 'enemies'. Suikoden II had Luca Blight as the unbeatable man, but he was surrounded by weaklings like Rowd, and 'traitors' like Jowy, Seed, and Culgan. Suikoden III had The Destroyers, but they were more of a single-group instead of an army. It's not fun to see Grassland/Zexen vs 4 people. And so on.

So what I want to see is maybe a guy like Jowy (grey villain) as the leader, leading an elite group of six or so (loyal to the leader) and has their own army. The reason why I would like to see an elite group of enemies is that I want the enemy to look strong. Instead of sending Alenia on her own, or Lucia on her own, or Milich on his own, they could send say both Milich and Kwanda together to attack us while still having Kasim, Teo, and Sonya to defend their headquarter.

When it comes to characteristic, I think I would like a wilder version of Jowy. Keep the villain grey, but easier for the villain to kill those who are against them. Someone who would actually kill Riou at Jowston Hill without hesitation. Someone who is willing to sacrifice whatever is required to obtain their goal.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I suppose Suikoden IV came relatively close to what you wanted then, with the exception of Graham Cray messing up Kooluk's expansion campaign. Then again we never saw the emperor in Suikoden IV, merely some guy with a metal arm that shoots stuff.

Last edited by Ujitsuna on Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well Graham Cray isn't a grey villain. And they don't really have an elite group at all. Only Troy and Graham Cray as noticable villain characters who can actually make us feel threatened. Other than them, is there even an enemy?

What I meant as elite group is a group consisting of strong villains like maybe as if Solon Jhee, Kiba, Seed, Culgan, Lucia, Yuber, and Han Cunningham all working together with one another as a group together. I think Suikoden I and Suikoden V actually came closest, but the lack of cooperation between Alenia, Zahak, Childerich and 2 other dudes (what are their names again? The loyal Godwin General and Raja's ex-subordinate?) didn't give me what I want.

Or imagine if we were to fight the Queen's Knights as a whole. So the main villain can be Arshtat, with the elite group consisting of Ferid, Georg, Kyle, Alenia, Zahak, Galleon, Lyon, and Miakis. Now that would be something that I want.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, that's a nice idea you have there, Aurelien. A group of elite villains sounds interesting indeed. It somehow reminds me of Akatsuki from Naruto, except of course, that they do not have an army, but you get the point. It sounds very interesting, to say so the least. It could be something like the 5 generals of Suikoden I, but to a higher level.

Uji wrote:
I suppose Suikoden IV came relatively close to what you wanted then

I don't think it is similar to what Aurelien said. Suikoden IV didn't really have an elite group of villains to begin with. It was far obvious in the beginning that it was Graham Cray, and him alone was the ultimate villain. He wasn't even "grey," too. Besides, they were terrible villains. :P
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like more of the subtle villains whose motivations has less to do with being crazy and power-induced insanity, but who actually believe that what they're doing is just for their own cause and/or nation. Give the power-crazy villains to Final Fantasy.

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Aurelien wrote:
Well Graham Cray isn't a grey villain. And they don't really have an elite group at all. Only Troy and Graham Cray as noticable villain characters who can actually make us feel threatened. Other than them, is there even an enemy.

No I was agreeing that Graham Cray isn't a grey villain. I mean that he kind of spoils the chance for Kooluk to be the grey villain, don't misunderstand, I was just saying how Suikoden came close to what you would've wanted, then introduced an insane tree-hugging merchant.

That idea about the Highland generals sounds good, too bad they're all dead. :P
Masa

Fightin' Nac Mac Feegle

418570 Potch
0 Soldiers
10000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like the idea of a group of enemies, much like the generals of Suikoden II. Having good communications and relationships between those enemies is a must.

For the most part I would expect these guys to be level-headed and just fighting for what they see is a just cause. But I do like the occasional pure evil or psychopathic type to make the conflict interesting. That kind of thing is good.

Of course the main villain has to be above all that. And somehow unique and awesome too.

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think on reflection, I'd like the level-headed group idea, but also a psychopath to be introduced just for the invasion of a city or something, giving us all a surprise.

Everyone needs a psychopath.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If they decide on making New Armes Kingdom as part of S6 then they could easily make the villains a ultra-traditionalist faction with NAK that want's to return NAK back to its former glory and that means military build-up and invasion of neighboring territories.

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wonder if a beast-type villlan would be good, or kitchy? something new, Like a vampire but not really.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You know, having the Tenkai be the villian as well is not so far fetched. All you would need is rune that doesn't just have duality, but it's function is duality in that it physically personifies a different, darker side of the Tenkai. Perhaps the Tenkai using his abilities to help friend and community, while the Anti-Tenkai uses his abilities to further his own ends.

Edit: perhaps the Anti-Tenkai could hook up with an already established enemy in an attempt to further his self-serving goals.
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually I'd love to see someone like Gizel again. I don't understand why he's so unpopular, he's right up there among my favorite characters in the series. Gizel does what he has to do to get wht he/Marscal want. I feel bad for him because he's obviously hung up on Sialeeds, and you can tell he hasn't had it easy, what with harboring an ally of his mother's murderer his entire life. Even in the end, he faces Frey as a man instead of running off or hiding behind puppets. He comes to a point where he can admit that he's done wrong, but he understands that he needed to do it, and that makes a good villain to me. I want someone with a solid grasp on reality, with a good sense of political and military technique, and solid conviction, but a different point of view from the protagonist. Making the villain crazy or senseless just takes away from their value as an oppossing force, since you're not exploiting the full possibility of giving the protagonist and enemy. Make him fight the enemy on a cerebral plane as well as physically, make them argue face to face, make the protagonist argue with himself about how the villain isn't so bad, or how he might be right about something. If you're going to have oppossing forces, make the best of it is all I'm saying.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Flik_19

500 Potch
35 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would like to see a villian that has a deep tie with the plot. Not just like I'm so bad and want to destroy the entire world. I think it should be more like Suikoden II or Suikoden III. Like most of you said Characters like Luc,Sarah, and Jowy. Characters that arn't necessarily evil but just have motives for doing what their doing. The idea of a character we already are familiar with is a good idea to. I think they should revisit Toran or go to Kanakan or atleast make the hero character from there(Even if it is just a Winery).The villian should be heroic in his own right. I wouldn't mind like being Genkaku against Han in the duel if i didn't already know the end. But it shoudl end like that Two former colleagues forced to fight to the death for their countries.. That's how it should start. Maybe the main character loses and is shamed from his country in like Harmonia or something. lol i have alot of idea's.
Rezard

215744 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Am I the only one who actually likes war criminals as villains?

I find it cool to have some characters who hates the hero with blinding passion, but not with madness. Something like Lucia in Suikoden II.

Their houses have been burned, their families killed and there is nothing left for them but to hate their enemies. They will try to take revenge on the hero´s faction and the people who supports them at all cost.

I would like to see a "dark" enemy at first and them see he has motives to act like that. Something like Gaara from Naruto.
blueflame

Blue Rookies

294148 Potch
4022 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the enemies should be like 3 great consul namely one psychopath, one calm genius, and one young consul with high potential. Then, they should invade the whole suikoden world to bring back their glory.

Or...

Have 2 main characters collect 108 stars of destiny each and they'll battle :P. Finally, they found out that it wasn't each others fault and they fight Harmonia or something like that you know what I mean. A country which is strong enough to manipulate.

Or...

A zombie army with all the dead evil generals in the whole Suikoden History with Sierra leading them? It doesn't sound that bad but I guess thats a little weird so ya.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: