Suikoden Uncouth and Illegal Kosher Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

new grassland leader(Post Suikoden III)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which grassie leader did you like best(the 6 clans)
Hugo of the Karaya Clan
17%
 17%  [ 3 ]
Dupa of the Lizard Clan
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Sana of the Chisa Clan
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Yuiri of the Alma Kinan Clan
41%
 41%  [ 7 ]
the duck chief of the Duck Clan
23%
 23%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 17

Flamo Bringer

Flamo-chan

11929 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Either Dupa or Sana...

Dupa is a new Chief of the Lizard clan but he is trusted by the previous one and strong enough to lead a whole nation even if there's no leader at Grassland at all...

and Sana... my reason is the same as Acheron as well and she's the wife of the previous Flame Champion :)
Barbarossa Rugner

The Golden Mercenaries

5685455 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hugo. Just because.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
Anais

Undaunted Men in Blue

272868 Potch
0 Soldiers
658194 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like Sana the most. Of all the Grassland leaders, she was the most experienced and dedicated to keeping the peace with Zexen. Yuiri was only concerned about Alma Kinan, Dupa was too warlike, I don't really know about Hugo since we've never seen him as a chief, and the duck chief... yeah.
Kalidor

Blazing Conflagration

1542036 Potch
308 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not sure exactly what the question of the poll is here. Is it asking who will be the leader of the Grassland as a whole, kind of like the President of the Grassland or what have you? If that is the question then it won't be any of the choices that are above. The Grassland functions as a group of autonomous groups, we could potentially call them states, all with their own policies and own leaders. If anything, I would liken the kind of system that they have to the Greek city states. They occasionally had wars with each other, sometimes relations were good and sometimes relations were bad. However, when a serious threat emerged like the Persian Empire (could be likened to the threat of Harmonia against the Grassland) the city states would band together to resist the invaders. I highly doubt that the Grassland will ever form a "proper" state in which there is one body governing the whole of the area. Their cultures and outlooks are so diverse that it would be very difficult to try and draw up any kind of constitution for such a state. However the arrangement they have post Suikoden III is probably the best that they've had in ages. The clans were working together to an unparalleled degree and are now all led by strong leaders that knew the value of co-operation and peace.

Oh geez, I just went back and looked at the actual title of the poll. Has the subject of the poll changed a little bit, since reading back through the posts before it seemed like people were answering from the perspective of asking who would be the leader of the Grassland as a whole.

As to the question as it stands now, out of all the clan chiefs that are currently existing, I'd say that my favorite is Lucia of the Karaya, since Hugo isn't actually a clan chief and probably won't be for some time. Lucia has weathered many storms for her people and though they've been beset by many hardships she has led them well. When you look at it, the Karayan people have really suffered a lot over the recent course of Suikoden history. I believe that their fortunes are on an upturn now though, in large part because of the strong leadership of Lucia. I don't think this will change either because Hugo is in line to become the next chief of the Clan. Considering that he is the Flame Champion as well, I think he will do wonderful things for the Karaya clan.
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sorry Kalidor, you're off about Hugo.

After Suikoden III he became chief of the Karaya clan suceeding his mother, Lucia. So he's not just next in line he is in charge for the period this poll refers to.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: