Suikoden Uncanny and Illegal Kriegspiel Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

YS VI: The Ark of Napishtim
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Child of The Sea God

188289 Potch
2671 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:34 am    Post subject: YS VI: The Ark of Napishtim Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

so does anyone play this action rpg that's also made by konami?
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually, Konami only published it. The game was developed by Falcom, a popular PC RPG developer in Japan.

I bought it the other day. It's definitely an old-school action-RPG at its finest.
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I only bought a copy because it was on sale but with no plans to play it just yet, cause I got some extra cash this week and thought there was a remote possibility that this is a short print game since I was told all the stores that carries it only got about 3 copies each, is it? if not I might as well wait for the next buy 2 get 1 free used game sale and pick up both this and shining tears when that comes out.
Child of The Sea God

188289 Potch
2671 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

what does YS stand for does anyone know?
Synchysi

Creatures Once Godlike

11782640 Potch
18161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ys is the name of the game, pronounced 'ees' from what I understand.

I was going to pick it up the other day, but I thought the first three Ys games were pretty terrible. As long as the battle system consists of something more than running into enemies at advantageous angles, I might pick this one up later.

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ys is the name of a nation/region within the Ys series. It's the main focus of Ys 2, and the whole plot of Ys one is about Adol getting to Ys.
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ys VI doesn't make any reference to it. They mention previous regions like Xandria in passing, but that's about it.
Eggith Cyrene

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmmm Its just as well as a great deal of us havent played the previous games. (from what ived played of 3 i dont want to either)

I think its cool that all 6 games have the same main charector.

Suikoden 5 didnt make me less of a fan; it restored my faith after the abomination that was suikoden 4.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Jurhael

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've heard a lot of YS from other people in the past. It's certainly caught my attention as it seems to have a pretty strong fanbase. However, I guess I wasn't paying enough attention because it's been out for about six days. Then again, I have quite a few games on my want list, so something has to give for awhile.

Given the game's reputation though, it'll probably end up on my wishlist, but won't be a top priority.
Carabbit

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm enjoying it quite a bit. It's very fun to play and you actually have to think about your actions. I play on Hard mode (because ARPGs are usually mindless button-mashing cakewalks *coughkingdomheartscough*) and it's actually challenging and requires thought. And patience.

There's a lot of character developement - not so much in the Silent Hero Adol, but mostly in the characters of the game's setting. There are two towns brimming with interesting people that actually say more than one standard line and contribute to the plot.

It reminds me a lot of Crystalis from the old NES.
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've been looking into getting this game (I love saying the name hahah, NaPISHtim!!) but I'm not sure if it's any good expecially since I haven't played any others in the Y's series. Do you need to play the other games or could you just buy this one and still enjoy it?

(ohhh Crystalis...I remember that game...)
Marshmallow

Shikigami

203358 Potch
110 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

drummsta wrote:
I've been looking into getting this game (I love saying the name hahah, NaPISHtim!!) but I'm not sure if it's any good expecially since I haven't played any others in the Y's series. Do you need to play the other games or could you just buy this one and still enjoy it?

(ohhh Crystalis...I remember that game...)

Oh, it's good. It's damn good. This game has been one of the most fun experiences I've had with my PS2, which is saying a lot. And no, I haven't played any of the other Ys games, this is my first one (not that all of them got to North America in the first place).

The soundtrack also amazes me, which is a good thing since it almost didn't make it into the game in its existing form, since apparently Konami was having problems dealing with soundteam JDK right up until the release, when they finally rectified things and put in the original soundtrack.

So yeah, on the whole, I highly reccommend this one.
Child of The Sea God

188289 Potch
2671 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

my opinion on the game was that it was decent but too short only took me like 3 days to beat
i didn't really like the characters or setting
it was good enough for me to play through the whole game but not enough for me to go get a sequel or prequel if it ever comes out
i didn't even know it was a ARPG when i purchased it :( just thought it was a regular RPG
Jurhael

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
It reminds me a lot of Crystalis from the old NES.

Is that so? Then I should certainly look into Ys. It's been years since I've played that game, but I haven't forgotten it. Maybe Ys will be the same way.
Carabbit

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Child of The Sea God wrote:

i didn't even know it was a ARPG when i purchased it :( just thought it was a regular RPG

It's just a stratifying term for those of use gaming people who play far too many games. It is an RPG. But its fancier when you classify it, right? :D

Quote:

Is that so? Then I should certainly look into Ys. It's been years since I've played that game, but I haven't forgotten it. Maybe Ys will be the same way.

Yes, it is most definitely a glorified Crystalis. ARPG, no world map movement, elemental swords with nifty spells, only one PC...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: