Suikoden Uncouth and Irrational Knowledge Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Mighty Swords in Suikoden *possible spoiler*
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:47 am    Post subject: Mighty Swords in Suikoden *possible spoiler* Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just thought of how special the Star Dragon Sword is and how interesting his abilities are.
I dont want to proof anything wrong but he had the ability to harm Vampires or Undead and he was the incarnation of the night Rune right?
But remember the King Dragon Sword from Emperror Barbarossa?
It gave him the ability to morph into a giant Hydra.
So I thought are there maybe more swords like that in the Suikoden world?
Or are these two special ones?Is the King Dragon Sword also a incarnation?Or just a magic sword maybe given by Windy?
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You're right about the Star Dragon Sword.

The King Dragon Sword Barbarossa Rugner wielded was able to transform Barbarossa only because the Soverign Rune was attached to it's hilt. Or so I remember, anyway.

That'd mean the sword is a Rugner family heirloom dating back to the foundation of the Scarlet Moon Empire. The sword isn't an incarnation of the Soverign Rune, however.

As for other really special swords... I seem to be drawing a blank.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks for the quick answer. Hmm ok I never heard of that rune, very interesting though.Would be cool though if there were other swords or runes which can be thatstrong and wise like the Star Dragon Sword.( I mean a talking "sword" how cool is that?)
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Soverign Rune is one of the 27 True Runes, and, essentially, the national Rune of the Scarlet Moon Empire, it nullifies all magic in its presence. (Which is why Barbarossa was not under Windy's magical control, he always had the sword nearby, and was really just in love with her)

True Runes do seem to have personalities, however, so I'd say they're all pretty wise, even if they don't show it. So, you never know, if another Rune decides to do something like the Rune of the Night, you just might see another super-weapon impart it's sarcastic wisdom to you in a future game. :D
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

John Layfield wrote:
So, you never know, if another Rune decides to do something like the Rune of the Night, you just might see another super-weapon impart it's sarcastic wisdom to you in a future game. :D

That reminds me of Clive's weapon "Sturm"(?) and Elza's weapons "Sonne" and "Mond", they're were pretty atractd to each other and seemed to have a own mind..
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Perhaps the guns, manufactured in Harmonia, were made using runic technology.

This discussion makes me think of the "King Crimson" sword(s)...

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Although not magical both Lepants sword and the sword given to Teo McDohl by Barbarossa seemed to be pretty special heirlooms. So special in fact that I've forgotten both of their names...

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Prakk was the name of the sword given by Barbarossa Rugner to Teo McDohl at the begining of Suikoden I.
Seraphblade

imaginary soldiers

935122 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

How about the swords Nash used (can't remember the name, something-fluss?)
He seems pretty unstoppable with those
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Seraphblade wrote:
How about the swords Nash used (can't remember the name, something-fluss?)
He seems pretty unstoppable with those

Yeah those swords together are named "Grosser Fluss", he becomes temporarily insane when he uses them and can't distinguish friend or foe, so generally goes on a killing spree.
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Grosser-fluss I think. When Nash uses them, he's suppose to go into a beserker like rage, and not be able to disdinguish friend from foe.

Lepant's swords name was Kirinji, which was based on his star of Destiny. The Jade Kirin.

And from what we know of the Guild's guns, they contain some sort of soul in them, making them sentient.

Quote:
So, you never know, if another Rune decides to do something like the Rune of the Night, you just might see another super-weapon impart it's sarcastic wisdom to you in a future game. Very Happy

Or have another sword lay the smack down on your party for being trapped in a cave for however long!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
PesmergaS

Fallen Angel

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As far as I know, Yuber's and Pesmerga's sword King Crimson has runic powers, that is probably because they were made by runic powers. I think most of the really powerfull weapons in Suikoden were made with runic technology.

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No where has it been stated that Pesmerga's or Yuber's sword is anything but ordinary. So I'm not sure where you got that from.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That came from this very site, Milan Fiori. Let me quote some parts of it for you.

Quote:
He uses a Crimson Sword, which is a sword imbued with runic power.

This came from Pesmerga's profile in the main page. Assuming that Yuber is using the same sword as Pesmerga's (which has the same name as his), then his weapon is also imbued with runic power.
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well huh. I didn't know that obviously. But then again, I don't really like Yuber nor Pesmerga.

Though the only runic powers I've ever seen on his sword was a rage rune attached to it. So I suppose that could be the runic power mentioned. So I doubt it was made by runic means, just imbued. But who knows.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: