Suikoden Ugly and Infamous Kosher Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden Manga?????????

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ayreon

Universal Migrators

7311 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:30 am    Post subject: Suikoden Manga????????? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am a big manga lover and i have lots of books,but recently i've been interested in videogames mangas,like Kingdom Hearts,FF,etc.So my question is:there is any suikoden manga????????Please i am desperate to find one. :?

''Sail away to Avalon.......''
Weyoun

Jem'Hadar

221521 Potch
100 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Amazon.com has some Suikoden mangas.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ayreon

Universal Migrators

7311 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Black Knight wrote:
Amazon.com has some Suikoden mangas.

Thanks,but i was looking for a webpage,since i dont live in the states and i dont have a credit card. :S

karaya blue

2628 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As far as I know, the only official Suikoden manga available is Tokyo Pop's adaptation of Suikoden III. The English adaptation is well done (as can be expected from Tokyo Pop), and Aki Shimizu's artwork stays very close to the official artwork. The story basically follows the events of Suikoden III, but there are several side stories we don't encounter in the videogame. My personal favorite is the story of how Hugo and Fubar met, which takes up a good chunk of Volume 1. I think Tokyo Pop has already released up to Volume 6, but I've only got 1-4. Definitely worth a read of you liked playing through Suikoden III.

You can find the manga at amazon.com for about five dollars used. Otherwise, a new copy will cost you around eight or nine dollars.
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1138266 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Suikoden manga is based on Suikoden III and is published by Tokyopop. Currently, five volumes have been released with the sixth due around the middle of May. Strangely, the Tokyopop website has listings for eight volumes (though I could just see someone with a perverse sense of humour listing the Suikoden III manga as having 108 volumes) while I've only heard of seven having been released in Japanese... unless more have been produced since last I heard.

A relatively easy way to get the manga without too much hassle is to order them through a comic book store, if you've got one nearby. It might take a few weeks for them to get the books in, but you don't have to deal with shipping charges and the like. If you're really lucky (and a regular at the store) you might also get a discount.

Ayreon wrote:

i was looking for a webpage,since i dont live in the states and i dont have a credit card.

I'm afraid you'll be out of luck. Most fan translators will have removed any scanned Suikoden III manga once Tokyopop licensed it. The only way to get it is either in the method above via a comic book store, or through a book store which also carries graphic novels. (I know I've seen them at Chapters in Canada)

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

you may want to consider ordering through a local bookstore; they should be able to get you a copy or copies, since there are, to date, seven volumes. if you have a barnes and noble or any other chain type bookstore, they should be able to special order it for you, but they will most likely ask for a deposit or the full amount up front.

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well i hope that this will help a bit.

It's a preview slideshow on the Suikoden III manga. i posted this link in the Sukoden anime thread.

It only shows 8 slides, but i hope that you enjoy it. Yes, this is from Tokyopop.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Elc wrote:
The Suikoden manga is based on Suikoden III and is published by Tokyopop. Currently, five volumes have been released with the sixth due around the middle of May. Strangely, the Tokyopop website has listings for eight volumes (though I could just see someone with a perverse sense of humour listing the Suikoden III manga as having 108 volumes) while I've only heard of seven having been released in Japanese... unless more have been produced since last I heard.

Volume 8 recently came out in Japan, and it doesn't look like the manga series is ending soon --- possibly in the range of 10-12.
Ayreon

Universal Migrators

7311 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thhanks everybody,i think i'll go to my comic store and order the first volume.Wish me luck!! :)
Oh and StarSlasher,i really enoyed the preview,thnx buddy.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: