Suikoden Uncouth and Illegal Knowledge Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What would you want in future Suikodens?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I know what i would like to see in the final Suikoden game of the series!

I would like to see all 27 True Runes present with their current bearers, and if a True Rune doesnt have a bearer, a damn good story/background story of how the person in the last game becomes/became the bearer of the said True Rune.
I would like to see an epic story, to rival that/be better than Suikoden II and to involve the whole world of Suikoden with nowhere being unaffected by the events of the last game!
I would like to see a conclusion to the Pesmerga/Yuber story.
I would like to see a 6 character battle system much like Suikoden II and a skill system like Suikoden III.
A war system like Suikoden II, and more duels.
More returning characters, if possible.
Improved Rune effects, much like those in Suikoden II & III.

.......ok, i have finally woke up now.......
suiko_fan_4538

Mother *%$#ing rune masters

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

some new undiscoverd runes and to have more sick charcters but keep the classics like ted, luc, leknaat, persmerga, viki and kolbolds (nay or other). and have a bigger map with dragons boats/ ships lots of weapons for characters and longer game play so it takes longer than a month to beat the game in general.
and have the traditional 6 people in battle ratther than the new 4 person battles. have it so that you can goon the internet and battle other people with saved files from around the world and be able to do the same thing off the inernet with friend on the same console and to join forces to make a team. you can also choose what your main character looks like and choose where you headquarters is stationed( land sea or air). and be able to have random wars with enemies. :lol:
Zaleria

1296207 Potch
13650 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1. Well I want to be able to choose between two rune bearers on opposing sides with entirely different storylines. :D
2. I want the revival of the cooking contest. :lol:
3. In map battles, (like is s2) I want to be able to choose the type of regiment for a certain unit.
4. I want to be able to recruit characters that are not among the 108 stars. (like the one in s4 where some townsmen joins you) wherein they can be used in map battles as extra units. :)
and finally, In the final suikoden, I wish they will put together all the heroes in s1 to s4. :lol:

Tonby, while I'm not in Zexen wrote:

I just noticed that if you turn Zexen Activity Levels into an acronym, it makes ZAL. Oh the irony! =P
Kalidor

Blazing Conflagration

1542036 Potch
308 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The thing that interests me most in the Suikoden games are the distinctive and unique regions that are presented, and the dynamic character relationships within the conflicts of the games. I've only played Suikoden I and II, but I thought that The Scarlet Moon Empire/Toran Republic and the City-State of Jowston were entirely different nations, and I had a very solid conception of what these two nations were like, and what made the people within them different from each other. The same with the Highland Kingdom, now that I think of it. As well, from what I've seen of Suikoden III, the same thing happens with the Grasslands?Zexen. Learning more about the Nameless Lands would intrigue me greatly, or possibly more about the Queendom of Faleena.

Secondly, the dynamic character relationships are highly important in a Suikoden game. I'm talking about the ones that pull on your heartstrings at times. McDohl and Gremio, for example, and McDohl and his father. In Suikoden II, the relationship between Jowy and Riou, and the added complications of Pilika and Nanami. I don't care so much what Runes are involved in the story; they just help to make the character a little more unique and special, while adding in plot complications as well. These emotional relationships are the things that keep me playing, to see how they unfold and resolve themselves.
Providence Luc

The Millenium Swords

109035 Potch
275 Soldiers
71 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A very interesting topic. My first statement concerning this would be:

GIVE ME BACK THE COOKING MINI-GAME

and on a second note:

KEEP RITAPON

Thank you.

As for other aspects that I'd want, yes, I agree that many characters would just join your army for the heck of it. I'd want a game reminscent of SII but it doesn't necessarily mean to re-use the old characters (with the possible exception of Viki and Jeane). The reason people found SI & SII so memorable was because most, if not all, characters had something you could really cling on to. Heck, I remembered Hai Yo not only for his mini-game (which really rocked), but also for his dedication to keep the recipe secret. Somehow every character had a real reason for joining your army in SII.

I'd also like to see much more from the strategists. Caesar/Apple and Eleanor hardly did anything, IMO. The castle customization is a good idea as long as it's kept simple. I wouldn't exactly appreciate having to spend countless hours just on my castle alone. I like the idea of being able to place the shops where you want them to. It would save me time having to go from one floor to another just so I could this done then that. Side Note: I want my cemetery back.

As for battle system, I think everyone already pointed out that they want the 6-person battles back. The strategy battles in SII were nice, just modify it a bit and we'll have something not very complicated but entertaining as well as challenging.

Story-wise, I'd want something with a bit more twist in it. It can have a seemingly simple concept but it should have a bit of complications that can't be overlooked. But frankly, I'd like to be surprised but not too much to the point that I don't know what's happening anymore.

Mini-games are good, but if possible, give them a story of sorts but it doesn't necessarily have to involve the main plot like the Cooking Mini-Game in SII 'cause that would give players an incentive to continue playing other than just winning prizes. Ah yes... There's so much potential for the Suikoden series since it's still quite young. I hope that Konami overcomes their experimental stage and finally come up with something that would be memorable in a good way.
Reideen

Silver Arrow

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well....what would it be ?
Maybe a really great War-System ...I mean the Systems were all okay but none really made me feel like I were in a war.

Maybe

- coordinating the training of the troops
- spend money to maintain the equipment
- commander-duells while in battle
- a morale-system

Well I have one more

- a single Hero who actually talks -.-" (they did in S3 but there wasn't really a main-hero)
Assassin01

Team Assassination

575125 Potch
200 Soldiers
900 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Future Suikoden games should come with these improvements to fulfill my satisfaction:

1) Give the main character a voice so it would bring more feeling and emotion towards the game. They did that in Suikoden Tactics so it should also work in Suikoden 6.

2) Make more choices that lead to a different path storyline wise and in the relations with other characters. This would be a good idea to consider unlike Suikoden 5 where no matter what option/choice you pick it would still have the same outcome (except for when you want to defend or leave the castle).

3) Make the characters easier to recruit cause in Suikoden 5, half the time you would find a character and you would not be able to get him/her without fulfilling specific requirements. It would then result in a last resort in going to a guide and find out how to recruit them.

4) Try not to place any meaningless tasks for your hero to do at the start of the game. Cause usually it would lose the interest of a new player in a short amount of time. One example of this is in Suikoden 5 where you have to go look all over the castle to find your sister, as well as the whole senate deal with looking at the names.

5) Put a bit more character depth towards non human characters. In other words make them feel like thay are useful/needed to be part of your army. This did not happen in Suikoden 5 when you get the elves. It felt like they were fillers in the 108 stars of destiny and that once you got them they were easily forgotten.
MMan9000
Ralphy Leone Tensei
Lymsleia Falenas
blueflame

Blue Rookies

294148 Potch
4022 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1. I don't like a slow start like in Suikoden 5 because I'd get all bored.
2. Get the cooking show back! I enjoyed that cooking show.
3. I want it to be like Suikoden 3 where you choose different main characters. Probably, in the last Suikoden, I would want a lot of main characters with each having a cool story and 108 stars of destiny. I don't know how many yet but they must each have a True Rune.
4. The last part should be like all the main characters gather around and strategize where they compliment each other like group a will be stopping blah while group b will be attacking blah and so on and so forth.
5. I want the final boss to be as hard as Luca Blight where you use a lot of your other characters.
6. I want the war system to be like Suikoden 2. I found the war system there very funny unlike the other Suikoden war systems.
7. I want the main main character to be like Thomas and he should gather all the other True Rune bearers.
8. I want the Yuber/Pesmerga mystery to be solved. (Who doesnt?)
9. I don't want the main characters to be mute. Its annoying. I'm sure all of you are annoyed of mute characters most especially the main character being mute.
10. I want for the whole Suikoden world map to be shown! Every part of it. (I'm sure Templeton will be happy about that)

Man! My list has to be so long but I'm sure all of you or most of you agree with me right? Those are cool ideas. :P

Ok never mind! I don't want the Suikoden series to end! If Suikoden every ended, man, I'd really be sad. I'm sure all of you will. I love Suikoden. Its so cool. I hope it never ends. I want longer stories!
Rezard

215744 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Man! My list has to be so long but I'm sure all of you or most of you agree with me right? Those are cool ideas.

You are right about points 2,3,4,5,7,8,9.

I liked the trinity system, where you had three parallel history lines, I would love to see it back. I don´t know why don't they try it again.
Also, talking main characters with personality are much better than silent hero with no personality. I never believe that a "mute" hero is better to relate to.

About the slow start, even if some people hate it, I think it is necessary, it helps create some chemistry between the characters. The Prince's bound with Lym would be weaker if not for this scenes.

About the war system... the war system in Suikoden II was better than the one in Suikoden V, but they can try to improve the real time battle.
It could be much better, if they add some elements, like making the troops collide in real time too (giving you the option to reinforce critical points) and not in a different screen, like it was in SV.

About the map, if they show the entire map, the number of countries they can create will be limited and it will mean the series will be over soon.
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What really sucked for me was the fact(especially in Suikoden 5) that you get the HQ reeeeealy late.The beginning was kinda lam because you get the HQ really late plus you get cool characters and the end of the game when you don´t need them anymore e.g. Shoon,Killey and Lu.

I hope that will change in the next game.
Sami

Liberating Swords

199204 Potch
27 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I want them to have good music again, like Suikoden I & II. And bring back the sweeping choral tracks for the endings, like Avertuneiro Antes Lance Mão and La Passione Commuove la Storia! The ending track to Suikoden V was really lame.

Besides that, I would like to have a return to Suikoden IV's free 3D world, not the washed out faux polygon 2D that Suikoden V tried. Also, now that consoles have motion sensing, I'd like that to be included, like making your own finishing moves in duels and so on. Although I wouldn't mind it if they made a new 2D Suikoden on DS or PSP.
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sami wrote:
I want them to have good music again, like Suikoden I & II. And bring back the sweeping choral tracks for the endings, like Avertuneiro Antes Lance Mão and La Passione Commuove la Storia!

What language was that anyway?

Last edited by Sialeeds on Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Avertuneiro Antes Lance Mão is supposedly Porteguese but really a mix of Portuguese and gibberish, and La Passione Commuove la Storia is Italian.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah thanks! Never knew that :)
Hawksaber

1041 Potch
5 Soldiers
687 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

More returning characters from the first three games, if possible.

A sequel to Suikoden III, but only a few years after.

'Nuff said.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: