Suikoden Urgent and Irenic Kibbutz Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What would you want in future Suikodens?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
david the great

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

really i wouldnt change much just make more runes and add a few people from the old games into the new and then be able to bluid the base the way you want to and add more people with faces they dont have to join or anything like the bad gays need faces like the mane people i think. but more over less i would want more games like Suikogaiden to be made and then shiped over here cuz they help you see another side of the story of suikoden 2 and showed why jowy changed sides and all so i think a few more of those types of games would help a lot of people out with understanding more about the game.
Sasuke

Blue Komet Ninjas

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd really want alot of returning stars from SII, mainly Flik and Viktor (maybe even a spin off game with them as the protagonists). But I'd like to see more unusal main characters, using weapons other than swords :Staff, Tonfas, maybe Nunchaku, spear, Axe, Katar, Lance, maybe just some gloves/claws. Maybe the Main character could be a beginning ninja from a hamlet like Rokkaku :lol: .They could probably allow you to choose the sex of your character without having to change too much dialogue/story.

I'd really like to see Pesmerga's story continued, and the other stars i'd like to see are: Futch, Sasuke, Kasumi, Clive, Hix, Tengaar, Kai, Kage, just to name a few.

They're definately needs to be more betrayal, tragedy and more of a war-like feel to the next few. SIII and SIV, it just didnt seem like there was a war going on in those two, no occupations in III, non enough burned towns. I think the world map needs to be bigger but bigger in sense of more territory with Towns and cities in them, not open water. Maybe it should surround the High East Rebellion?
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Here's my Wish of the Day.

More useful Stars of Destiny. Suikoden I done this well as regards the grouping of the Blacksmiths, all five had a use and this was only amplified when you consider how many Stars of Destiny in Suikoden I were truely useless. (Outside of the old: U needz dem 2 revive Gremoi!!! argument)

In Suikoden II, this Blacksmith system was seen as wasteful and so the Hammer system was used instead. And, to be fair, it worked well, in fact, better than, the old system because Suikoden II was packed with interesting characters and the like. The amount of 'useless' Stars of Destiny in Suikoden II is very low, most would agree.

Now fast forward to Suikoden IV and the same problem as Suikoden I is back, and it's not made any clearer than in the case of the mermaids. You only need one, the one you get ny default, to have your store opened up. Yet, each time you recruit another mermaid, you get nothing for it. They too open up a store, true, but it's the SAME BLOODY one!

That is just very, very sloppy. Give most of the Stars of Destiny a purpose in Suikoden V, and I don't just mean throwing mini-games at me until I hurl. If you can't think of anything for 108 characters to do, then bring back the old Blacksmith system, it at least fills the gaps with useful gameplay centered characters.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Patriarch

Queendom Nomads

15629 Potch
149 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

in the suikoden would i want the battle system to be like 2: 6 people, 3 runes per person etc etc EXCEPT i want the items to just be strait from the backpack like in 4, 4 is the only game to do this so far. eventually near the end of the series i want all the current rune bearers to be part of the 108 i also want all living main characters to eventually come back and join the fray. even the insignifigant people like chanler or mose. just bring them all back for the final confrontation. they don't all have to be able to fight but most should be in war system. the war system should be move like 2-4 only get out the bugs get rid of the complexity from 2 and but not as simple as 4 and its rune cannons.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The best mix of items systems would be Suikoden II's carrying system (Characters can carry their equipment and three extra items, you also have two 'pages' of items to carry on the field.), combined with Suikoden I's vault system (large and easy to fill, extremely useful detach, drop etc options with sorting abilites and the ability to sell items straight from the vault, a la Suikoden II.

Suikoden IV's system had the words 'Final Fantasy' running through me head over and over. I like the Final Fantasy series in general, but I don't play Suikoden for a Final Fantasy feel.

And besides, a person in charge of the vault means there's another slot in the Stars of Destiny filled by a useful character!

Bringing back all the Stars of Destiny however, is really a bad idea which makes no logical sense and couldn't possibly be explained with making up some deus ex machina.

People like Chandler only wanted to open a store, why should he even bother turning up (in-character wise)? "I had a shop in Toran Castle once. I best be off to fight in a war that has nothing to do with me."?

But, I do agree on this: Bring back Suikoden II's war system but don't have it so contrived this time. (Almost every battle was a must-lose or must-win regardless of what you did and the stats simply did NOT match up at all. If two units of equal stats and skills clashed you knew you'd be the side with the horrible casualties, no doubt about it.)
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Patriarch

Queendom Nomads

15629 Potch
149 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

when i say bring everyone back it really depends if say Tir and Riou are still alive and have there runes still along with hugo geddeo and chris of course. plus Hero4 could still be alive since i don't think he'll die for 1000 years though i'm not sure if all the true runes give immortaity. when the last game of the series comes out it should take place in the entire world and be in incredibly long game. i'm not saying hey lets bring chanler back an give him a speaking part but give him a bit part like he happend for one reason or another to go along with the goods hes tradeing at the so an so castle. or the black smith is a student of mose give them bit parts or when you go to that country you have the ability to go see them in there store. like maria in 2 you saw her at her in but she wasen't a major player.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd have to say it'd be nice to be able to have all 108 stars be fighter charcters instead of half of them. It would also be awesome to have more control in army battles. I liked how Suikoden III did it, but it would have been better had the characters been controlable in those battles.
Weyoun

Jem'Hadar

221521 Potch
100 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would also like there to have all the characters being fighters but there is a funny thing to that. What would the Inn Keeper do when he fights?

And also different runes maybe like the War rune, but thats a different topic.

Also i would like there to be a fighting strategist and fighting Generals. Ridley would have been an amazing fighter.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the numbers are pretty even between the fighters and the "domestic" characters. I don't really mind if a few characters have no use if they have some role in the the story. Otherwise they seem somewhat desperate for fillling the 108 character expectation. Kinda got that vibe from 4 but thats arguable. Yeah a more designable castle would be nice (that would also provide for an architect character which is one more that you don't have to just make up for no reason). Think i posted here earlier but didn't think about some of the stuff that was said recently. This is a cool topic Benit142. This is just a riveting topic to see what other people are expecting from the future games. Look forward to what everybody thinks.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think swimming would be cool. I liked how FFX had swimming areas in the game.

As for the inkeeper and other characters like that, I have no idea what they would do in battle. That is a good point. However, it would be nice to have more fighter characters because there are some really pointless characters.
Dura Sinai

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

First of all go back to 6 character parties. Simply with 108 characters you want to be able to use a fair amount. Also the front row/back row system simply was a very nice way of nudging players to consider the types of characters being brought into a battle.

I personally liked the Trinity Sight system although it got a bit choppy on the Harmonian side (which opened up the rumors on the original inent on the 5th viewpoint) Simply put it was one of the most ambitious experiments in rpg storytelling and for the most part it worked. I don't think it would be proper for every suikoden (such as the 1st game where it is much more simplistic and there was little need for various viewpoints.) But if they ever go into Harmonia or eve Falena, it may very well be a good way to see the various aspects of two rather vast societies.

4th game was horribly unfinished storywise. You unify the islands and then the game ends with little genuine resolution to the issue of Kooluk (they lost a battle) and absolutely nothing dealing with the abandonment by Gaien. This was a fatal flaw in story. It left myself with an indifference to the entire dilema.

If they are going to have vocals for the story.... let the hero speak if you choose a line for him! Silent heroes are passe. And if anything this game showed exactly HOW silly a silent hero is considering they have to interact with living, speaking party members.

Character Development I am hoping goes back on the upswing. There is always going to be your random people who you will never understand WHY they showed up. Actually that can be part of the appeal having some characters who do this. However the second game and particularly the third game actually advanced the character development for more characters. Suddenly a good chunk of your armies had a reason for being involved and some had at least a few moments to establish teir personalities. The fourth regressed greatly in this matter as painfully few characters got much of anything.

Continuation of the mini-games. Cooking game is still one of the best if not the best mini-game in an rpg. The plays were magnificent, the worst actors always were fun to use and of course the confessional got quite a few laughs (I just wish there was a little more variety in the responses to being punished or saved) and it is a trend that should not be broken.

Return of the skill system. It's nice to know what rune affinities people have. And also building on those skills really added to characters. A few useless characters statwise became rather decent when given the right set of skills. (Thomas)
ed_20

The Stampede

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would love to see future suikodens to have a long story and great storyline and adding many mini-sidequest. I would love to see a story when you are recruiting characters it also adds to their personality. I also agree to bringing back the 6 party members. A better rune spells graphics like suikoden 2 or 3. The rune spells in for looks weak. More Army battles. Bringing the skill system would be nice too.Bringing back Other Tenkai star characters or some other stars.
Patriarch

Queendom Nomads

15629 Potch
149 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Acheron88 wrote:
I think the numbers are pretty even between the fighters and the "domestic" characters. I don't really mind if a few characters have no use if they have some role in the the story. Otherwise they seem somewhat desperate for fillling the 108 character expectation. Kinda got that vibe from 4 but thats arguable. Yeah a more designable castle would be nice (that would also provide for an architect character which is one more that you don't have to just make up for no reason). Think i posted here earlier but didn't think about some of the stuff that was said recently. This is a cool topic Benit142. This is just a riveting topic to see what other people are expecting from the future games. Look forward to what everybody thinks.
4 they really just threw people at you they need to make the games long and everyone needs a really decent reason to join your side not "hey do you own that ship can i come to"
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Let's be fair, it's no worse than Suikoden I's "Liberation Army? Sounds like fun!" thing, that almost everyone used as their excuse to join.

I agree it should be less acceptable seeing as in Suikoden II and especially in Suikoden III an effort was made to give each character a reason for joining your army.

I still don't get the whole "Bring back more Tenkais!" movement, it seems to smack of fanboy-ism to me, a short step away from a post I read somewhere about how in Suikoden X we should have all the Tenkais and they should, like, kill Hikusaak and unite the enitre planet. But I'm sure there's a logical reason behind it I'm just missing.
Sasuke

Blue Komet Ninjas

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

SII's party battle system was the best, i dont know what they were thinking with III's (What good are 6 characters if i can only use 3?). They should go back to SII's war system, except make it more challenging, add some strategy to it and you're performance should effect the storyline in some way (even insignificant ways). I just couldnt get over the battle for Muse when Culgan's unit appears to your rear, and suddenly everyone is like "This may be the end! if it keeps going like this we'll get wiped out!!!" Regardless of the fact that im slaughtering the Highlanders like pigs.

I really want more duels in S5, its the one of the few things that S4 did extremely well.

I think they should also bring back the "Iron Chef" battles from S2, those just fricken ruled! :twisted:
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: